[Sun] 16 Sep 2013 (Never mind the new toys)

How we died
Bodge

Re: [Sun] 16 Sep 2013 (Never mind the new toys)

Post by Bodge »

Terminal Boy wrote: However, there is usually a little more leeway in A2 slotting for people that are in TS, but having to re-start A2 etc.
I am a little confused as to which mission you are referring to because due to the server issues there was a tonne of time to connect to a mission that worked. I don't remember if anyone checked for people waiting on TS but the first mission we tried was full when we kicked it so it wasn't impatience so much as no slots.

"I can imagine this and being told to wait being annoying but it doesn't differ wildly from the way we do things in the A2 sessions, i.e. ask people to get their stuff sorted out on time and connect in advance."

How are players expected to connect in advance when we have a split A2/A3 session? Unless I've missed a key piece of Steam functionality all these years, I can only have one game running at a time..
I think he might mean making sure connecting and playing is not an issue before the session starts so you can connect quickly without issue.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Memorable session, for sure.

In Big Fish, Draith and I were engineers, following the Jackel around. It became more and more interesting until the end where we ended up charging a position and sat waiting to die inside the burning wreck. After what seemed like forever, I noticed A3 were only ~50 meters away, so asked Tryteyker if he'd reported it up. They came to our rescue and then things got very messy.

I died too quickly in Cacheola to really have much to say.

Sweeping Up - Alpha 3 AT. No rocket so I ditched the launcher to be less of a target. Awaitz was killed at spawn by a stray grenade. :siiigh: The urban combat became more and more confusing, with multiple EI slipping through the net. I could hear their VON so clearly that it wasn't until watching the footage that I realised it wasn't just stray TS chatter. The thunder confusingly sounded more like a small-scale industrial accident a few blocks over than anything else.

(The rain and explosions in this video triggered a copyright content match of a techno tune called Absent Minded (Original Mix), and bears no resemblance. So ridiculous.)

Came from the Water - Bravo something AR. I died in the graveyard. :colbert:

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Big Fish
ASL - A1: Lpenney, A2: awaitz, A3: Gaius

So this was pretty good fun. We moved out, and i decided that a2-marker was probably safe, and decided to drive directly there, gung-ho style. :jihad: There was, of course, a man with an AK on the roof, but he managed to miss us by a hairs width! :shock:
A1 got shot up a little, but the compound was secured and we got tready to move onwards. We started moving along the pipelines towards the compound and met little to no resistance before we hit the wall. There were enemies to the east, so we stacked up on the west and moved in.
After clearing the compound we had to wait for quite some time. That was okay in the beginning, but all of a sudden we started getting torn apart in the compound. Considering the insane amount of enemies outside that wasn't too weird, but at the time it seemed slightly off. :roll:
After waiting some more we were told to withdraw, and thereafter we moved on a gas station with Charlie. That was ok, but then we were put in charge of a somewhat suicidal run towards another compound, where i, not surprisingly, died.

I'd love to do this mission again, but for the love of Aziz, give us the recon-heli! :psyduck:

Cacheola
CO - ASL: tryteyker, BSL: Dogface

We all have to lose to Fer sometime, i guess, and this was my time. The idea was to move in a convoy for our initial run into the city. We'd move west and then south, whereafter Alpha would set up a blocking/overwatch force to the north, whilst Bravo would move in from the south towards the caches to the south-east to keep the pressure up.

Unfortunately Bravo thought we were to dismount where we were not, so they lagged behind. This made it easy for Alpha to be totally skewered. Meanwhile, Bravo moved towards the first cache location, but by the time they got there i was dead. Yay.

In retrospect i think i should have kept Alpha more mobile. They were told to hunker down and engage the enemy i expected to the north. It might have been an idea to move from west to east and back again on and around the main road, instead of staying in one spot. The basic idea was to keep the enemy out of the south whilst we looked for caches, so i might try that some time.

Swept Away
Blufor CO - ASL: Bones, BSL: Ferrard Carson

Yay! I lost our first A3 mission. :dance:
And i managed to get our first A3 teamkill! :siiigh: (sorry awaitz)

The plan was to do some good old fashioned squad-bounding until we reached the city, and then section it off and use one squad to clear whilst the other was a lookout. We managed to make it to the city, i'll grant us that, but we fell completely apart soon afterwards. Which was a shame, since the city was quite beautiful, and it would look much better with rivers of the enemy's blood than rivers of OUR blood. Oh well, can't have it all. ;)

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Looks like casually cruising on your bottom and staining your pants will be the new favorite past time for srs-bsns-milsim-360noscope FA people in A3, thanks Corcuta :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott