[Tue] 17 Sep 2013 (Second time's the charm)

How we died
Phoenix49

Re: [Tue] 17 Sep 2013 (Second time's the charm)

Post by Phoenix49 »

Moon Moon thank you so much for providing me with closure!!! At least I know how I died...I was certain there was no one in the buildings to our West, being shot in the back by cowards makes total sense!

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

To add to this, the only way to really stay even is to loot the dead defense for their NVG's, as demonstrated by Wolfenswan.
/rant

I hate to complain, and I'm all for asymmetry, but I strongly disagree with the method of giving one side the NVG's during night missions.
Thoughts, opinions?
It's a parameter (NVGs can be disabled/enabled for all or one side) and the rain was bugged (i.e. not supposed to be there, blame BI). I hardly used the NVGs, also the defense has little ammo. 2 Mags for rifles, 1 mag for the AR, thus the NVG advantage.

I managed well enough without NVGs, the trick was to stay away from long corridors and move in close quarters. I have no idea what happened to Bravo but from what the mess on the hospital stairs looked like theytried to bumrush upstairs.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Doctor Doctor: Indfor A2 AR. We teleported to the SE and soon heard the Blu helicopter on the North side of the village. As we slowly advanced and heard it circle to the South, I kept getting paranoid that you'd actually dropped everyone off behind us. It turned out to be true, but didn't really matter since most of us were dead by the time you all made your move. Willem disconnected just before I was wounded so I cried out and his kind hearted AI ran obliviously through gunfire to save me. :zoidberg: I then proceeded to climb some stairs and meet face to face with a prone Dogface.

Poctalon: B2 AT. What happened to the adversarial version of this mission? I had a lot of fun but never saw a single AI. I somehow managed to get a score of -1 so I'm guessing I took out one of the crash site survivors in the chaos.

Kavalaeola: Indfor B2 FTL. Bravo Bodge. By that I mean you decimated Bravo. Mostly everyone had already died around the industrial shed, and I kept retreating to where I thought I would be safe, but the grenades kept coming. My magical seagull spirit animal caught Head also using grenades to great effect.

Another Breach In The Wall: A1 AT. By this point I was tired, my internet was glitching out (had to reconnect to TS a few times), my game was getting between 6-18 fps, and I couldn't see a thing but rain and darkness. Then I suddenly found myself in command and went blank, so apologies if that slowed the game down.

Inverselaw

Post by Inverselaw »

Doctor Doctor
CO

The plan: A1 guards the doctor and the truck, leaving A2 free to maneuver according to the need.
Last thing mentioned: Hopefully Indfor and Blufor will come from the same direction and fight eachother. would be pretty awefull if we ended up the meat of a bullet sandwich

What happend: Blufor attacked from the east and indfor from south-west :( We basically got picked apart, note to self, next time tell people to use more explosives, they are fun. Also I went to the trouble of reminding people the proper chain of command and then I was the last one left alive.

Poctalon
A3 FTL

Got shot at by lots of stuff that i couldn't see. eventually got shot at by a bmp (that i could see). had time to give my tearfull farewell to my team mates before i died.