[FRI] 20 Sep 2013 [V+] (Jolly Good Return)

How we died
dancemoox

[FRI] 20 Sep 2013 [V+] (Jolly Good Return)

Post by dancemoox »

The return of V+ saw 15 comrades dust off 343s and ride into battle once more!

Missions tackled on our outings tonight were:
  • Spring Cleaning - We cleared a town and only took two casualties
    Random Engagements - Croc lost his legs and Kale was engrossed in his orienteering
    Oily Recommended - Hostages were rescued!
    HOSTages - Super wants his money back, a repair man has been dispatched by the Party to see to the doors..
    Jolly Green - Went about as well as usual...
    Helo On Earth - Polar opposite of Jolly Green, we jolly well lived!

After Party
    Cholo - Podagorsk Precinct
    Cholo - Hazar Precinct

If you had issues with Teamspeak please ensure TS3 is set to direct input as shown in this screen Direct Input.

If you have issues not fixed by this Comrade Pr3sario has kindly included the previous version of Teamspeak3 for those cannon fodder Party Members who have had issues.TS3 Download

Another brief workshop and ACRE test will be run next week shortly before the main V+ session.

V+ sessions are held at 7pm GMT - this is currently 8pm BST for members in the UK. Please check your local time zone difference to GMT.
ramming speed!

Dabbo

Re: [FRI] 20 Sep 2013 [V+] (Jolly Good Return)

Post by Dabbo »

A great session, I did some Leading (poorly), did some FTLing (poorly) and did some grunt work (poorly). Loved it :)

My memory is terrible, so I can't do a full AAR this time. I'll try harder for next time! I will also attempt to try to use some strategy/tactics next time when taking a command role - I tend panic when everyone expects you to come up with some "awesome plan", so I just end up reverting to "lone wolf plan" to avoid the responsibility. Not a great leader quality, but I'll see if I can try out some tactics out next time.

:D

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Spring Cleaning

I rather enjoyed this mission. Draakon picked a tough town to clear, Delores. We had to cross many bridges. Lazer our FTL was promoted to SL after Draakon was killed by Robo-Driver in the Vodnik, leaving us with three men in the FT. There was a lot of successful bounding carried out in this mission and I even got to fire off my RPG - danger close to A3. Sorry!

Random Engagements

Thinking we were actually going to be defending "a shed" I was worried about the town Dabbo has choosen, after what felt like an age I finally got the joke - we would be defending Echede. Dabbos plan was simple and I liked it. Pick a building and stick it out on your own. We were to call any contacts but once we were hit that was it, you were on your own. I managed to engage two EI as they approached the pub. They put me down and I decided to lay in wait for them to break the doors. See video below.

Oily Recommended

SuperU used his powers over host dancemoox and I was slotted as CO for this mission. I kept the plan simple and decided to move in from both sides. The plan seemed to go well and despite problems with the hostage boarding the chopper and some lackluster AI enemies we completed the mission without a casualty. Well except for when Super shot me for being "shifty".

HOSTages

Alpha went to the wrong door. Let the record show that it was not my fault and the doors were broken.

Jolly Green

DEATH!!

Helo On Earth

SURVIVAL!!

Good session guys, hope to see you next week. Tell your friends!
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Thanks to Pr3sario and SuperU for taking the time to help me out getting ACRE working again. The culprit could have been this 50p keyboard I picked up at a charity shop.

And thanks to Dancemoox for organising the session.

Random Engagements: Blu A2 FTL. I wasn't sure how well my team could hear me and was reluctant to use our global 343 channel or shout. Radios are one thing we never sorted out properly (I guess because of the player count). Sweeping to our SW, I ran towards a building, heard a lonely footstep from inside, and just as I was calling it out the gunfire started. The building was cleared and more fire was taken from further along. I lost my legs and had to crawl towards our next objective. I could hear Draakon, and got myself a nice little spot while Kale moved up. I heard him die on the other side of the wall, and could hear Draakon going "wtf?" so threw a few frags over, but it didn't seem to work - I was too slow.

Oily Recommended: Alpha Medic. Mostly at the back of the fight in the North. At one point I saw someone rolling around in the short grass so I ran through gunfire to revive him, rounds pattering away around me, and it turned out to be a bunny rabbit. It stared at me coldly.

HOSTages: Ind Alpha Medic. Those doors do work, but IIRC it's only from one of their vertical edges. I think it's the far right if you're on the outside, not sure.

Jolly Green and Helo On Earth. Both extremes. :psyboom:

kalelovil

Post by kalelovil »

Crocuta wrote:HOSTages: Ind Alpha Medic. Those doors do work, but IIRC it's only from one of their vertical edges. I think it's the far right if you're on the outside, not sure.
It is the middle column, between the door roller doors.

lazerdx

Post by lazerdx »

That was some good fun. First go with ACRE too, so that was pretty cool. The positional audio is my favorite part.

Spring Cleaning (ALPHA 1 FTL): The Russians were in Delores, and Draakon wanted them gone. The approach was simple enough, darkness provided ample cover for our advance to a good overwatch position on the NE side of town. From our staging point, we spotted a lone Vodnik and several scattered footmobiles on patrol. We engaged and destroyed all contacts within range as we moved in to town. As we finished securing the NE section of town, Pr3sario made mention of the Vodnik making a return trip to our position, before losing track of it. Mere moments later it was on top of Draakon's position. A violent melee occurred, rockets were shot, and our glorious leader was found dead. After briefly getting my shit together, I took command and used bounding elements to secure the two main crossings of the river. We pushed and cleared south, with sporadic gunfire barring our path. Soon enough, the town was declared sufficiently empty and victory for the Party secured.

Random Engagements (BLU ALPHA 2 FTL): We split Alpha into two elements, using the treeline on the East side of town and some berms for cover. My fireteam followed the Southern road, and A1 went North. SuperU directed some nice fireteam bounding as we went, providing cover and clearing buildings that offered resistance. After providing cover for A1 to breach a building on the North side of town, my team rounded a corner in the road. I had split my team in two to better cover the road, so I was also taking point in a bounding maneuver. This marks the first time Draakon shot me, I believe. After suppressing my attacker and getting me on my feat, my team surrounded the building and cleared the first floor without much guff. The second floor proved more troublesome. You can see where we attempted to force Pr3sario out with grenades. Meanwhile, Draakon was doing some sneaky flanking, marking the second time Draakon shot me in one round. :v:

Oily Recommended (ALPHA 2(?) AR):
After a very smooth ass landing and tour by Draakon, our team approached the hostages' location from the South. When in view of the building, we immediately started taking fire from the first floor, second floor, and a small fireteam with a technical outside. In an impressive and unusual display of Party Competency Alpha managed to suppress all visible contacts with supreme prejudice. After some close calls breaching the building, the hostages were secured. Great success.

HOSTages (INDFOR CO): We had the money, the repairman, and there was nothing SuperU could do to stop me from blowing it all on cigarettes. Issus is a chatty hostage.

Issus

Post by Issus »

Many thanks to dancemoox for hosting!

Spring Cleaning

Alpha 2 AR (FTL - Daf)
And so FA V+ continued in the same vein it left off: jokes were made, towns were cleared, and the CO died before everyone else. Good times.

Daf's ACRE was playing up, so I had to take the role of radio man for A2. Initially, I was worried that I'd be asked to make non-stop booty calls to the local goat population, but Daf's professionalism shone through. Apart from having to ask the other fireteams to "R.V. on our position for tea and hugs", I think I managed to get away with sending standard contact reports, movement orders, "Dabbo just shot the medic in the back of the head!" messages, etc. Y'know, the usual.

Random Engagements
Opfor Dude
Dabbo's plan involved us splitting into pairs and scattering into different buildings where we could hopefully support each other as each building was assaulted. Being classy and distinguished gentlemen, Draakon and myself decamped to a nearby mansion for tea and lengthy discussions about the renovation potential of the property. Although we disagreed on whether the balcony was big enough to fit a barbecue on, a pleasant few minutes were passed until the screams started up from Daf's Love Shack™, and we saw movement across the other side of town. Draakon engaged in some long-range suppression while I shot someone at Daf's front door. There then followed a comedy of errors as I (allegedly) missed seeing dancemoox approach our building.

Knowing that the Ninja of the North was out there somewhere, I decided to cover the stairwell. Draakon told me I was standing in too obvious a position, but being on whisper, I couldn't really hear him. So I (stupidly) moved away from the stairs to tell him (in no uncertain terms) that:

(1) All the other angles covering the stairs require me to stand up
(2) Due to the direction of Blufor's approach, standing up in this room would not be conducive to my long-term health

I had just finished adding a withering "...and I bid you good day, sir!" when I moved back and found Moon Moon at the top of the stairs. Arse.

Draakon shot the sneaky Scot and then proceeded to murder everyone else on the map, leading me to believe this was his plan all along. My only consolation is that my bloodstains have probably knocked at least £30K off the resale value of his new home.

Oily Recommended
Bravo?
Nobody seemed to take my suggestion about going for a swim seriously, so we took a helicopter ride into a war zone instead. I ended up rushing the hotel on my own, getting shot, surviving, and then having to listen to Daf and Zergra discuss "Susan" at length (I hope she was a human, I really do)

HOSTages
HOSTage (singular)
Lazer is a very taciturn warlord.

Jolly Green
Dead.

Helo on Earth
...Un-dead?

Cholo 1
Rawrnix callously gunned me down when I was helpless on a ladder. That's the last time I follow dancemoox anywhere.

Cholo 2: The EnCholening
Rawrnix avenged me after I was killed whilst mutilating Dabbo's corpse. Because I am classy like that.