[Sun] 29 Sep 2013 (Bulletproof windows and Photo shoots)

How we died
SuperU

[Sun] 29 Sep 2013 (Bulletproof windows and Photo shoots)

Post by SuperU »

With around 45 wonderful comrades turning up to fight for the party we had a very successful session.
  • A2
  • Fuel Raid
  • Bunnyhops

A3
  • Morning Sortie
  • Breaking Sisa
  • Ridge Line
  • Kastro Defence
Fun session I got a nice highlight video from the session which I will post when its uploaded!

A couple of photos from my photo shoot. http://imgur.com/a/2UErC

pvtbones

Re: [Sun] 29 Sep 2013 (Bulletproof windows and Photo shoots)

Post by pvtbones »

Morning Sortie A1 FTL
Not much to say here I got technical'd trying to report enemy EI
Breaking Sisa Indfor CO
I tried to keep my plan simple because really, I have no idea wtf I'm doing. :psyduck: so I assigned each squad to a building around the warehouse containing the contraband while I personally guarded it. B1 started getting hammered so A2 asked to move into the fight and went south along the road to flank. I made an annoyance of myself fighting at the blufor(or roughly where I thought they were) from the window of the warehouse and alot of return fire was sent my way. I kept this up getting hit hard but not killed and decided to start lobbing GP rounds roughly at where I thought there were. soon after we won (with no casualities???)

heres my mission briefing map layout:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =182439685

boberro

Post by boberro »

I would like to inform that my uniform came back from the laundry this morning, but unfortunatelly it's dyed pink so I might yet go au naturel this tuesday.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Fuel Raid - Opfor Bravo 2 Rifleman - Wolfenswan FTL Kale & Tigershark

So we got to ride in the AAV, Bodge dumped us half way to the fuel station and we walked north. Wolf, Kale and Tiger all got hit with grenade fire, I moved towards them flinging some grenades back at the enemy. Bodge returned in the AAF, I got shot everybody around was dying an enemy walked behind a car I opened up and then died.

Distracting flaming tractor of awesome beauty

Bunnyhops - MMG Assistant - Vorrin Gunner

It seems I'm blessed with the eagle vision, I was spotting targets in the town from 700m away without the help of my rangefinders, Vorrin wasn't able to see them so we eventually swapped weapons. We moved on the right hand hillside and killed a few dudes in town, when TH2 took some fire from Technicals down the road to the east we went to investigate. TH2 started a gun run but was shot down. We were able to get eyes on the crash site but couldn't see any technicals. Turned out there were two, one SPG-9 that was stuck on a wall right by the road the other a M2 land rover was being a sneaky bastard. Something exploded, we took two rounds one hitting nearby the other hitting me. Vorrin picked me up and got shot by the technical, I called it in and was shot. I emptied the 240 into the technical but didn't kill the crew, it then took it's sweet time lining up the kill shot...

Homer got sat on by TH2

IceRaiser scanning the hillside

Hillside is clear, Ice takes some fire I turn on tags, hillside turns red..

Angry town is red and angry!

Morning Sortie - Alpha Medic

So I had a magical medical backpack, I checked it when we were on the ground and I had a few medical kits and wasn't too heavy. After we set off it'd gone up to 40 kits and I was having the usual weight wheezing movement issues. When I stopped again later on I had 45, after that I decided to not check again just incase it went up again.. I stuck around with ASL Draakon as we advanced on the town, we lost some guys and I healed up a few. Handy hint for A3, if you are wounded speak up as a medic I don't have a clue you've been shot unless I bump into you. As we attacked the town Draakon was shot, I stopped to call it in, I also looted his corpse of anything nice - finding a lack of binoculars I grabbed his pistol. As Alpha advanced on the town it got shot up, I found myself called into a photo shoot with Super and Fer, not quite understanding what the hell was happening I left to heal some dudes up. Once I hit the town we were down to just over fireteam strength. I joined the remains of A3 and the leader of A3 promptly died on the add action. Seeing nobody taking charge I jumped on CC and asked for some orders, we were to keep attacking the town, then pulling back then attacking some more.. In the end it was me and one other, when Super died I attempted to retrieve the binos of command since they are the most rare item at the moment.. I'd been shot at least five time, clearing carrying a backpack full of 7000 medpacks has an advantage!

Breaking Sisa - Indie A2 AT - Head FTL Zergra AR Ice AAR

So much Swedish, and where did people get the idea I was Chinese. Has the Party junior officer barracks had a gas leak again? Anyway we set up in a building and put up with the Swedish, I was looking south and west and could only see Kale, when the enemy attack got underway I moved out the handy escape stairs and moved to the south side of the compound wall. Ice was behind me just a little bit, I kept moving slowly along the wall and saw a Bluefor guy moving up, I killed him, then his buddy and his second buddy. I called in the contacts reloaded from my "go full auto in that'a direction" plan and moved towards the corpses, I didn't react in time when one of the four bodies rolled from its side and shot me. One of the sneaky bastards seeing the death of his fireteam had played dead, at least I made up for my lack of kills in A3 :)

Ridge Line - CO and forced march master.

Nice mission Kale, needs some transport - the briefing mentioned some but all I could see was the mini subs.. Anyway the plan was relatively simple, hit the first bunker then wheel south and hit the radio tower. Two of Bravo were playing catch with a grenade and killed themselves, seeing this as descent from the plan I executed the corpses and got Head and Bravo squad moving. On the first bunker attack Bravo clustered around a captured HMG Strider and got themselves blown up for committing such a sin. With just Alpha left we went on a million miles march, Ice my medic was happy looting corpses and had snagged a nice MAT launcher, I found a rocket for it and off we went. Eventually when at the M2.5 marker about half a billion miles away from the beach where we started I had Ice lock onto the next Strider and open fire, the target blew up and angered its friend Strider, some rounds pinged in Ice reloaded from my backpack and killed the second one. We assaulted the tower, I placed some charges, shot some really close HMG emplacements and blew up the tower.

Kastro Defence - Bluefor CO

Its a silly mission I always knew that. Also tip from the guy in the know, the only way into the castle is the front door, you had the right idea depositing troops with the heli but in the wrong place. I landed a GP hit on the underside of Heads heli, the AR gunner in the tower seemed to have scored a hit on Head himself as heli and tower were soon embracing in a hug, a flame filled hug of destruction. With the enemy contacts on the outside of the castle wall I split my forces half north half south, I opened up on someone outside the walls on the west side but they somehow didn't die and made it up inside the castle somehow :argh: Ice was on the outside of the wall and had to yomp around the outside. I'd like to see it run again with more players and maybe without the heli, I want to see tracers skipping over the castle and the PTSD it causes for both sides :clint:
ramming speed!

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

boberro wrote:I would like to inform that my uniform came back from the laundry this morning, but unfortunatelly it's dyed pink so I might yet go au naturel this tuesday.
You are such tease. Promises promises. I have to admit...you did look comical. So puerile yet I found it amusing. Just don't make a habit out of it please.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

A video showing some of the highlights from my perspective

Satire

Post by Satire »

Fuel Raid - Indfor A2 Rifleman

We were sent to cover the eastern approach and split up into buddy teams. The fog pretty much killed my situational awareness, so my contribution was pretty much just following Ice and patching him up when he got shot. We flanked round and I killed someone south of the supermarket, and the game ended shortly after.

Bunnyhops - A1 Rifleman

A1 bounded down the road, shot a few dudes on ridge-lines and pushed into the edge of town. Ferrard got shot during compound clearing and we were pulled back to provide security from the rear. Sadly, TH2 going down and our position in the valley meant that we just got to wait around until TH1 could pick us up. When we got to the Nur LZ I thought we'd taken an RPG or something based of the wounded reports in side, but I think everyone jumped out early then had the Helo land on them... We moved up the ridge to engage an enemy squad then pulled back to crossroads.

Morning Sortie - B1 AR

I've developed a routine for morning sortie now. It goes as follows

1) Slot as AR
2) Get sent up the main road
3) FTL/SL dies, get field promotion
4) Die horribly five seconds later

This time I did mix it up slightly by getting killed by a grenade rather than a technical. I think next time I'll slot as something a little less deadly, it'd be lovely to get into the town for once!

Breaking Sisa A1 AR

I felt our plan worked brilliantly, I think we might even have been able to make it to the fence undetected if Bravo and MMG hadn't engaged. Attacking under the tracers flying overhead was fantastic though. I got some video so I'll let that do the talking.

Ridge Line B1 AAR

A grenade accident left B2 down to two men so they folded into us for the attack. We snook up on an MRAP, knocked it out and pushed up into contact. I threw a few grenades and then took a stray bullet for my troubles.

Kastro Defence Indfor A1 AR

Our low level helo insertion must have been great to watch but it did put us on the wrong side of the castle's one entrance. I started lighting up someone in the tower, which then got demolished by the helo flying into it. I set off with three people round the south side and by the time I reached the entrance I was the only one left. I got the attention of the guy watching the gates so vorrin could kill him, then we spent so long figuring out how to get the last guy, a peaceful solution was called and the game ended.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Fuel Raid: Indfor B2 FTL. Guarding the petrol station and air tower the whole time, I didn't see a whole lot of anything, but the IFV (which we didn't know was unarmed at the time) rolled in right next to me. I was prone in one of those noisy mass graves (wasn't me), and crawled towards it as if I'd be able to quickly put a mine down in front of it, but it moved out too quickly. We got the area covered in mines but it was too late. My apologies if I came across as cranky, Homercleese. Too much caffeine and CC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS6VxlofC8s

Bunnyhops: B1 FTL. Waffly went afk, so I had to move Bravo towards our first town, and EBass slowly built a collection of Russian-made weaponry.
dancemoox wrote:Homer got sat on by TH2
That was me being sat on by TH1, and here's how it happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Mm5huQisA
-------------------------------

The Arma 3 experience is getting much smoother and I don't know which combination of patches and server/mission tweaking is responsible. I am getting brief framerate stuttering every 10 seconds, though.

Morning Sortie: A1 AAR. It's the one that I didn't get to play last week. I saw so many mysterious deaths, caught the middle of an argument between Tigershark and Fer over the IFV while checking its cargo for spare PCML rounds, and took part in a futile firefight with unseen enemies to the south.

Breaking Sisa: Blufor A2 AAR. So much fun apart from the friendly fire incident. I was having to check my map all the time.

Ridge Line: A2 AR. In desperate need of transport. The bits between the running was all good, though.

Kastro Defence: Blufor A1 Rifleman. That bug where the rifles make no gunshot sounds is so annoying.

After the video ends I see another at the entrance, take fire and hide behind the rocks. I'm getting hit and think that it's through the rocks somehow, rather than someone behind me with a supersilencer. :colbert:

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Better late than never I give you my view of Breaking Sisa

ramming speed!