[Fri] 04 Oct 2013 [V+] (Tractor Go BOOOM)

How we died
dancemoox

[Fri] 04 Oct 2013 [V+] (Tractor Go BOOOM)

Post by dancemoox »

Tonight 12 brave comrades ventured out in search of Pat Sharp, a Warlord terrorizing a town and found Tractors are sometimes set to explode when stolen..

Missions covered tonight were
  • Defense In Depth

Black Folk Down

Radiology

Hamlet Hunt

HOSTages

Random Engagements - Celle
Thanks very much for those that joined and I hope you had as much fun as I did hosting.
ramming speed!

Issus

Re: [Fri] 4 October [V+] (Tractor Go BOOOM)

Post by Issus »

Defense in Depth
DEFENDFOR Saboteur
Daf had a convoluted plan to funnel our enemies through a mixture of deception, magic, and piles of explosives. He was just discussing the finer points of satchel-charge placement theory when BLUFOR executed a high-speed/low-drag nosedive into the castle and died horribly. Ratio of planning to actual engagement time - about 30:1

Black Folk Down
Alpha 2 AAR
We advanced to the Warlord's compound (consisting of a rusted barn and a construction site -swanky!) whilst taking contact from all side. Boberro the bullet magnet was awarded 27 Purple Hearts by mission end, but somehow failed to die. Wolf and dancemoox proved that taking the high road isn't always the best option, especially when there are HMGs on the far side of the map. The Warlord apparently died of boredom and Dabbo led us back to safety.

Radiology
OPFOR Alpha 2 dude
There was a plan involving smoke and high-speed evasive driving, but then daf spotted the enemy and they spotted him, and it all went to hell. In the end, OPFOR only succeeded in wounding BLUFOR's pride through daf and Satire's dying jibes.

Hamlet Hunt
Alpha 2 M14 dude
I had an M14! and an M1911! And I wasn't going to get to use either because I was to gun the bullet-magnet Humvee istead! Hooray!
Thanks to Dabbo for putting up with my endless "forward a bit, back a bit, a bit more, oh wait I've been shot" routine. If nothing else I demonstrated my ability to fall out of a moving vehicle on the safe side, which is something that can't be taught.
Eventiually we started clearing on foot. It was a bit slapdash - I was finding enemies in buildings we'd leapfrogged past when Croc did his best Admiral Ackbar impression and Alpha 1, daf and awaitz were launched high into the air by the fully-operational Death Tractor. Thankfully the rest of Alpha 2 were close enough to marvel in the majesty of the explosion without being hurt. Suppressing giggles, we joined back up with SuperU and headed home.

HOSTages
DEADFOR
Yep.

Random Engagements
BLUFOR, Friendly-Fire Division :\
Gaius, I'm really sorry! I was sure the top of the helmet I saw poking out of the top-floor wind ow was OPFOR, and seeing as he was standing by the stairwell I assumed he was the guy who'd just wiped out the rest of Alpha 1. I think as soon as I fired I knew, and it was with tears in my eyes that I swept that house, executing one OPFOR before exchanging jibes with the dying Dabbo. An upsetting end to a good evening.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the corner over there, kicking myself. :oops:

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

My radio didn't work in any of the games. Will join early next time to check.

Defence In Depth: Blufor A1 FTL. I had enough time to enjoy a parachute ride, but I was dead before I hit the ground.

Black Folk Down: A1 AR. Enemies from all sides. Enjoyed it more than usual.

Radiology: Blufor A1 FTL. SuperU had the AR team engage, while the rest of us flanked South, through the bushes. A technical screeched around the corner, so we layed GPs and bullets right onto it. Advancing further, I fired a GP at daf's voice, but the clipping model on the cliff extends much further out than it looks, and so I managed to wound both SuperU and Zergra.

Hamlet Hunt: A2 AR. See video above. :laugh: Perhaps I should have said "break, break, the tractor is going to blow!", but I didn't realise that for a few seconds, and I also didn't know that I was the only one to get the memo.

HOSTages: Indfor AM. My suggestion of using a hostage as a human shield to shoot around at one of the windows never materialised, along with someone talking crazy about some kind of convention they have in a far away place.

Random Engagements - Celle: Blufor CO. Every single time I get a field promotion to command I go blank, so it's nice to have a go from the beginning and actually know what I'm doing. The obvious decent place to teleport was to the NW with a string of buildings covering the advance to the centre of town. Out of all of the fancy enterable buildings which we eyed with paranoia along the way, you guys chose the most boring one, right in the centre practically on both our teams' converge marker. I put a couple of GPs into the upstairs rooms, but it wasn't enough.

Satire

Post by Satire »

Radiology - Opfor A1 AT Rifleman

Thanks to ACRE troubles I missed the briefing, which was doubly problematic as it appear I was driving. By the time I'd fugured things out tracers were flying and somehow I was the last one in my fireteam left. The technical was a deathtrap so I bailed one the gunner went down, got wounded and jeered the enemy with my empty rifle hoping they would come and put me out of my misery.

Hamlet Hunt - A1 AT Rifleman

Driving again, this time I caught the briefing. A1's humvee swung west round the village so Wolf could murder everyone in sight. We linked back up with the rest of the team for clearing the village, only to spot the prized tractor that must be reclaimed from the filthy communists at all costs! Unfortunately it must have been made of pure communism as it reacted to out glorious presence by exploding violently, killing us all.

HOSTages - Blufor A1 Shotgunner

The plan went perfectly, smoke the entrance, storm the gates and free the hostages. Then my legs got blown off. Like, clean off and beyond the hope of any Arma medic. That's the only rational response for what followed, which has been caught on camera. DanceMoox stabilised me, then dragged me to wolf to fix my legs but once he was done I couldn't even stand up. I suspect a sneaky field amputation occured whilst daf distracted me with offers of a shiny new wheelchair.

Random Engagements Opfor AR

Opfor all piled into a single house and waited for Blufor to come find us. When they finally got round to it I took a hit from GP as soon as I saw contact to the west, putting me on the floor again. After Super's fearsome battle song, two guys came to find me and I killed them instead. It sounded like a third ran away but I bled out before I could (crawl) chase him off.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Y'know... there are certain moments when my life is made complete and whole. Moments such as making love on a raining evening, such as blazing down the highway at 150 kph, such as dancing as raindrops splish-splash all around...

Moments such as when a comrade trips a trigger in one of my missions, is the only person close enough to receive the warning, and runs away screaming, "It's a trap!"

:dance: :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance:

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."