[Sun] 06 Oct 2013 (Mines are safe to cross)

How we died
Satire

Re: [Sun] 10 Oct 2013 (Mines are safe to cross)

Post by Satire »

As promised, here is the whole of Under Pressure from my perspective.

Highlights are a near FF incident at 6:50 (Sorry pickers!), the mines being totally clear at 25:15 and how not to cross a road at 56:30.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Homercleese

Re: [Sun] 10 Oct 2013 (Mines are safe to cross)

Post by Homercleese »

If I've learned anything from those videos, and I studied them assiduously, it's that I need to turn my mic volume down.

I apologise for putting everyone through that eardrum hammering.

Stoner

Re: [Sun] 6 Oct 2013 (Mines are safe to cross)

Post by Stoner »

You may wish to change the subject line of this thread. It was 6 October 2013, not 10 October.

EDIT: I see the subject line has bee corrected. I'll just crawl back into my foxhole now.
Last edited by Stoner on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitte töte mich nicht

audiox
Host

Re: [Sun] 06 Oct 2013 (Mines are safe to cross)

Post by audiox »

Clergyman - OPFOR CO ASL : Bones
So, since they had a BMP2 and we did not the plan was to hide, then hide some more, and then maybe do some hiding until our MAT-team could take care of the BMP2. A1&2 was set up in the city to the east, whilst A3 was in the forest to the south. When the BMP started buzzing about i sent A3 back to the church to avoid them being driven over and stuff. That worked out all right. Alex and his assistant in MAT did a glorious job of pinpointing and taking out the BMP, and after some sporadic infantry engagements in the city i had all of OPFOR retreat to the church.
Cue grenade bonanza.

UNder Pressure - CO ASL : Wafflynumber | BSL : Bodge
Crazytown. This mission is perhaps best summed up by the fact that during the final push to the mosque i'd commandeered an SPG-technical and was firing HE-rounds at individual EI. :hist101: I blame PTSD and stuff.

So, seeing the briefing put me under pressure. (Surprise!) Because this was definitely the most attachment and vehicle heavy mission i've CO'd. On the whole i think things went well. The push to the first FUP was organized well by Waffly and Bodge. (Thank heaven for experienced SL's on this tho....) Memorable moments include Tigershark raiding the FUP-village by himself in Alphas personell-truck, and driving into the same village thinking it was clear only to have bullets wheezing past me. Also, T72s are always scary, even when they are decrewed....

My main concern with these kind of missions is that they so often turn into a slow, deliberate and overly careful infantry movement thing. I intended to counteract that by having us move fast, stop briefly, and then move fast again. The ride to the FUP was promising in that regard, but then we encountered the "Mines o'doom"! :lol: And soon thereafter the GONG and an APC met their demise in some open fields. (due to me not being specific enough about where and how to move... :bang: ). Even though i have to say that Alpha did a good job getting to the eastern village after their unfortunate incident, whilst Bravo was unfortunate enough to end up in the open field.

I figured we might still make it if we got to the airport and then made a clear path to the mosque, did what we had to there, and then ran like hell back to the airport. Made more sense than to blaze two paths through the city, anyways. It almost worked, and i heard that at least Gaius remained alive at the end of the mission. (Which, of course makes me wonder whose side he was on.... Was he just planted there to get the documents from our friends in the mosque? Who was he working for? Should i have enrolled in the "Cylon and you"- party MOOC i read about in the Pravda? I'll never know, since i was on the ground bleeding out.)

Holy Stones - A1 FTL
"He has the norwegians and Fer, he can just bribe his way to victory" - IceRaiser :laugh:

Morning Sortie - ASL A1 : Mamba | A2 : MrLink | A3 : LordPenney
Nice mission, my FTLs were responsive, and a good time was had. Somebody found a dead guy with 38 pairs of sunglasses. (BUT NOT ONE FRIGGIN PAIR OF BINOCULARS!!!) :bang:
Bones did a good job tasking us and keeping it reasonably loose. We got somewhat torn up once we reached the city because one of my fireteams mistook a "watch that direction from here" for a "move there". It happens, and i'll try to be clearer next time.

Hell's Highway - A1 FTL
I made it through one verse of "Hellhound on my trail". Then i noticed that my engine was dead. My first thought was that i had messed up the driving and hit something. Once the truck took on fire it became obvious that in these hills, something hits us. Due to me singing in the truck i assume death was welcome for most. :D

Man Hunt - BLUFOR A1 FTL
I loves me a good search and rescue mission. As it was, we were confused as to how much coordination we were allowed to do with our downed pilot. We went, perhaps a bit lax on that, which made it an easy win.
Thoughts on the mission. Make it so that Pilot -has- to stay in the area. Take away his map and forbid him to communicate in TS. Give him flares (if he doesn't have them.)

That way BLUFOR goes in blind, and it becomes a three way race between helicopter sounds, technical sounds and flares. Then it'll be tense!
I'm thinking we played it wrong as BLUFOR, but the way it should be played needs to be more explicit in the briefing.
Other than that i don't know what OPFOR had to play/deal with.

Green Dawn - Indifor ASL? A1?
So. "Defend the city", with six guys. Yup, i see that happening..... :D

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Yeah, a few ideas for bones regarding ManHunt:
- I personally don't think you should prevent the downed team to leave the circle, as imposing such an arbitrary restriction wouldn't make much sense.
- The game would be way more entertaining for everybody if the downed team couldn't communicate with anyone: flares, chemlights, smoke could be used to mark his position/signal an LZ (means no map for them either, so they cannot simply mark on the map their position if they figure it out). This way, when the downed team chooses to reveal it's position, it also gives Opfor an indication.
- That means that the pilot shouldn't be on his own so that it doesn't get boring: you could include a small team with the pilot.
- slotting should still be largely at the OPFOR advantage.
- (another idea would be to have the marker bigger for Blufor than it is for Opfor)

Anyway, great session, UNderPressure was awesome from MMG 2's standpoint, I warned y'all that 26 for Hell's Highway was gonna be cloudy with a chance of death (I'll adjust the accuracy of the RPG dudes, and tweak the loadouts of 2nd platoon a bit), and I still have no idea about what happened to two of my guys in Morning Sortie.

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Oh, i didn't mean "mission fail if leave this circle". I merely meant. "They won't have a clue where you are if you leave this circle"

pvtbones

Post by pvtbones »

thanks for the feedback everybody I will use it all for V2! :)

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

Abit late to the party but here is a vid from my perspective of UNder Pressure