[Sun] 06 Oct 2013 (Mines are safe to cross)

How we died
wolfenswan

[Sun] 06 Oct 2013 (Mines are safe to cross)

Post by wolfenswan »

38 comrades today and neither mines nor spgs could stop us. (Well... some of us. But not all!)

ARMA 2
- Clergyman
- UNder Pressure
- Holy Stones

ARMA 3
- Morning Sortie
- Hells Highway
- Man Hunt
- Green Dawn

Bodge

Re: [Sun] 10 Oct 2013 (Mines are safe to cross)

Post by Bodge »

Clergyman
Indfor CO
The plan was to pincer the town with the BMP2 and the main infantry force to the North through North-West side of town. I had a sudden change of heart halfway through and decided to make a quick push into the town from the barn. Unfortunately squad cohesion suffered after first contact and IFV took a hit soon after, I engaged the the opfor on the West side of the road from their North killing one and causing them to pull back to the church, so I pushed through to the wall of the church compound and proceeded to assault it taking down 3 and wounding two more before I went down. We suffered a a few losses to random arma drama like less than solid grenades and it ran out with a opfor win.

Under pressure
Bravo SL
We had the might of Gong 1 and the feather dusters of two APCs to assist us on our glorious safari through the surrounds of Zargabad, The initial approach went well, fireteam movement was sharp and the gunners on the APCs provided plenty of covering fire. We passed a few hostile zones before regrouping with Alpha for our joint dash to the next area. This is where life got interesting, Gong 1 was being extra vigilant keeping an eye out for mines as they led the way and came to a stop and a warning was passed along the line. I dismounted to have a look about and the 3 APCs returned fire taking down some infantry contacts that were pinging us. I got the all clear from Gong so we remounted and I asked Gong to swing around the mines and come to a halt on the South side of the settlement to await alpha while they remounted. I passed the message to alpha "The mines are NOT clear, follow Gong" and then we proceeded to hold position on the road engaging sporadic contact. We were suddenly greeted with an explosion and a load of wounded messages, I instantly ordered bravo to move fast to Alpha's truck, as the first on the scene I unloaded the wounded from the burning wreck and was greeted by a squads worth of people dismounting and collapsing on the floor. The rest of Bravo were right behind me and quickly got to tending the wounded to get Alpha back in the fight with our armoured assets providing security to the South. It appeared Alpha only lost two men or so to the incident so good work to my men at getting them sorted quickly.

The infantry and vehicles moved on to the West and took a barrage of SPG fire from two directions, rocket after rocket came in and soon we were down an APC and Gong. The squishy mens were saved however and we proceeded to the nearest compound to the South-West still under SPG fire, some people decided to stop in the field to return fire despite my warnings otherwise and we lost several men. A quick bit of compound clearance and a mad dash to the airfield meant the mosque was finally in our sights. Unfortunately I was also in someone's AK sights and took a burst at close range when I stumbled round a corner into an angry local.

Satire

Post by Satire »

Clergyman - Indfor A2 AR with Gaius (FTL), Spitnam (AAR) and Tink (AT)

Our sneaky advance into the barns seemed to be foiled by our VON giving the game away, and we ended up blasting the house across the road that seemed to had enemy in it. A2 then took a sneaky flank round to meet up with the IFV crew. The second we linked up the sneaky Russians opened fire and cut us down.

UNder Pressure - A1 AT Rifleman with Gaius (FTL), Homercleese (AR) and Fluffeh (AAR)

Another Gaius led operation, this time with slightly less sudden death. I've got a video of the whole thing to upload, but for now this is probably the most pertinent part.

Whoever designed this did a brilliant job, the most fun I've had in Arma in a long time. :D

Holy Stones - Indfor A1 AT with Fer (FTL), Fluffeh (AR) and The Red Sniper (AAR)

Our job was to take the marketplace and try not to die. I managed the first part, failed in the second.

Morning Sortie - B1 AT

My dreams of making it into Galati came even closer today, I nearly made it to the outer buildings after having the rest of my team picked off but got blindsided by a hidden AI. Someday.

Hells Highway - B2 FTL, with Homercleese, AkKind and Pvt. Walker the AI soldier.

Bravo 1 & 2 seemed to be the only elements of the relief convoy who didn't get blown up. We dismounted, engaged EI across the canyon and I got shot ten seconds before the mission was called.

Find the downed pilot mission (forgot the name) A2 FTL

Gave FTL'ing another try, nearly crashed the car, got confused and later found out the pilot escaped. I had no idea where the pilot might have been at all. Perhaps removing his map and giving him glowsticks and smoke to mark an LZ with would make things a bit more interesting, as it stands the Pilot could simply mark and LZ and wait for rapid pickup.

Green Dawn Indfor A1 AR

Our bold plan to engage the enemy as the advanced on the town was left in tatters by their equally bold plan to rush us in the HEMTT. After a confused firefight where I must have walked under, round and past the enemy position a good five times I got shot just as I found them.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Gaia

Post by Gaia »

Satire. load that sucker...

I am debating whether to post an AAR. My positions were mostly uneventful, or not all that decisive...

Medic Eugene Roe

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

I only got to play Morning Sortie, and Hell's Highway. Neither of which did I last very long in.

In Morning Sortie, barely half a kilo's jog and I had saw three enemies on the hill. Told FTL, he called in to SL, said sure why not, so we fired. Shortly after, mrkev took a random bullet from nowhere, I checked on him, called it in and then died a second after.

As for Hell's Highway, 2nd Platoon barely lasted a minute if that, being only four guys more or less surrounded by FIA. Not long afterward did the rescue convoy meet contact. It was a tragic sight to see, really.

Poor daf had to repent is friendly fire sins at the church. Felt so bad for him, except the part where he did friendly fire. Barely 5 guys survived Morning Sortie though, 5 or 6.

Fluffeh

Post by Fluffeh »

Clergyman - Indfor Alpha 3 AAR
Pushed through the town, managing to outlive much of the squad somehow, only to be shot and immobilized while pushing towards the church. Contemplated existence while slowly bleeding out in a ditch for the rest of the match. Good times!

Under Pressure - Alpha 1 AAR
As another member of the renowned Alpha 1 Barbershop Quartet, I must agree that this was an excellent mission, except for, well...

Holy Stones - Indfor Alpha 1 AR
As previously stated, we were responsible for pushing in and taking the market itself. Unfortunately, A1 was cut down to just Fer and I before too long. Fortunately, some friendly Opfor came along and helped up hold on to the bunker:

It's a shame that Fer had to shoot Gaius, really. Think of all we could have accomplished with our new-found teamwork!

I am bad at ARMA.

Morning Sortie - Bravo 2 AT
I too, almost made it to the shining walls of the city, but Pabst and I were felled by an unseen assailant just short of our goal.

Hell's Highway - Bravo 1 AAR
Hell's Highway indeed. As the unwitting driver of Bravo squad's transport, things got off to a flying start with the rest of the platoon summarily leaving us behind as I tried to figure out just where it was we were going. However, with the correct route established, we raced to catch up to the rest of the troops, just in time to watch them, well...

Never drive anywhere, ever.

Man Hunt - Blufor Alpha 3 AAR
Alpha 3's joyride through the countryside was ended by a sudden intimate meeting with a wall. We dismounted, ran about, and were informed that the pilot had escaped.
I definitely agree that the pilot's mobility/easiness to locate and extract needs to be altered.

Green Dawn - Blufor Alpha 1 AT
In the plan, with a daring pincer movement, A1 would down from the north, while A2 would push up from the southeast. Unfortunately, A2 ended up getting cut to pieces as they ran into the enemy head on. A1 pushed down rapidly, and we were able to rescue SuperU before finishing off the remainder of the INDfor team in a great game of hide-and-get-shot.

Good times were had by all, ect.
It's not gay if you have combat boots on.

Gaia

Post by Gaia »

Yeah, about Holy Stones...

I'll just imagine I had a serious stroke, or defected and became a traitor...

One of those things...

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

I may include some moon moon audio visual content later on so be on the lookout for that..

Clergyman - Opfor Alpha 3 FTL - Boberro AR Mr Link AAR Stoner AT

We held the woods next to the church for the first uneventful minutes before being recalled back to the church to defend it. On returning I gave the CO a salute and spread my guys around in what cover we could get. The enemy IFV was being annoying and shelling the church from within the fog, I saw MAT move around and had Stoner at the ready but I'm honestly not sure what happened to the IFV. Other Alpha elements were pulled back to the church, I ended up as a CC relay element, when SL went down I was on CC to pass the baton of squad leadership on to A1 FTL then onto A2 and by the time it landed on my shoulders I was Generalissimo as well. The plan on pullback to the church was for A3 to take the open north to west area and cover it. The fog prevented target spotting and with incoming GP rounds I let rip with a return volley of my own, I called over Boberro and had him join my mad man spray and prey 'fire everything' tactic. This ended up getting me wounded but also stopped the fire from the north. Much frantic fighting then happened, towards the end it was down to myself, Boberro, Croc and Waffly to defend the church. Waffly was wounded and before I could treat him I killed two men attempting to enter via the archway. To discourage further attacks that way I fired an RPG out the arch and set about healing up Waffly. In the end our humor deflecting bullets shield worked for as long as we talked about being ballsy, once he was healed up I was dead within 30 seconds.

UNder Pressure - Gong 1 Gunner - Guss Commander Tired Hippo Driver

Spawn in, look around, see T-72 400m away call it in and replace underwear. I did my best killing things at 700m ranges, taking out a few technicals a 'metric fuckton' of infantry as well as a ZU-23 truck. Sadly we were killed by a hidden SPG-9 and forced to bail before we cooked off. I find it deeply amusing that the minefield encountered at the FUP point we held in place waiting for Pickers the friendly and underpaid engineer to disable the mines only to have members of Alpha block the road and shake heads at us, to then later when leading the convoy hear a big boom and have word passed that all of Alpha had driven over another set of mines..

Once demoted to infantry we moved to meet up with BSL, along the way Hippo took a bullet in open ground, I didn't realise until I hit the compound, but with fire shifting along the front to the rest of Bravo I threw out smoke and went to fetch him. With the crew back up and walking we met up with Bodge and were ordered to get into the last remaining M113. I took the drivers seat and we blasted south towards the airfield passing the destroyed ZU-23 along with way. With the rag-tag remains of Bravo out and at the main entrance to the airfield we held in place for unknown reasons. Eventually we tentatively pushed out towards the mosque before Ice said the magic words "RAMMING SPEED" we hit the rubble seconds after the timer went.. I took over the gun and was doing my best to cover the disembarked troops..

A really nice mission, can't honestly say I've any idea what the white text was that was updating the status of the mission, I was too busy shooting HE rounds at stuffs.. Also wrecks need to be wrecks or they alarm me :?

Holy Stones - Indfor Technical Driver - Stoner Gunner

The plan was simple, drive around on a patrol and hit the enemy when we met them. Execution wasn't however, with no GPS and my foldmap failing to work I took a wrong turn, when we hit the market we were both wounded by friendly forces, the end...

Morning Sortie - Engineer Assistant - Awaitz Engineer Ninja Strike Force Leader

I get a door Awaitz doesn't get a door. We kept up with the MRAP and I cleared industrial buildings finding one dead body and two very live ones. The blood definitely gets pumping when you open a door and a .50cal fires over your shoulder.. As Engi team moved to clear more buildings in our assigned area the MRAP went boom, I assume from technical fire in the town. Relaying to CO that the technical was 'technically intact just a bit on fire' we were re-designated Ninja Strike Force and sent on a mission to attack the town from the north, we eventually got eyes on the town after clearing more buildings. Each time I had to make sure not to place mines on the door I wished to open, when we spotted an EI fireteam Awaitz got to marking it and calling it in, I caught my breath and took up a firing stance, half a second passed and they fireteam was firing on us with everything they had. I was wounded and pulled myself back behind a higher wall to heal, when I peaked back over to return fire I took a second bullet. A3 AI be naaaasty..

Hells Highway - EOD Team Bobcat Gunner - Mamba Driver

Deciding to go get a lovely and deeply delicious Belgian waffle I was late back to the slotting party, Super had taken over and stuck me in the EOD team. First time I've seen a Bobcat, got to say it's a lovely looking thing. Deeply slow on hills and the MG sounds lovely when fired, we managed to engage targets 400m away and also run one guy over with the blade attachment before being blown up.. Mamba I still had thermals as the gunner, not that that helped..

Man Hunt - Bluefor AR - AudioX FTL Mamba AAR AKkind AT - Head Downed Pilot.

We took off, flew in, got the pilot and extracted. Head joined our fireteam half way back to base and the mission auto ended. Very easy from Bluefor perspective, only contact we had with the enemy was some lasers over the hillside when we took off to extract.

Green Dawn - Indifor Medic

So Bluefor did exactly what I thought they'd do, take vehicles and charge right in. I managed to get myself into a building next to the Green HQ. Nothing much happened at first, I had a close call with a friendly - please when I say "anyone north of my position" speak up or I will kill you. As it happened you were friendly the next man to appear nearby wasn't, I shot him in the back, the second I taunted by saying "coooeeee" before unloading into his back and the last I again shot in the back, I took a bullet killing the third and tried to escape upstairs into cover. Bullets found me however but I was happy doing as much harm as I did :D
ramming speed!

harakka

Post by harakka »

Morning Sortie - Bravo 1 FTL
This was my first proper Arma 3 outing, yay! It's been a while since I've played in general, so I was a bit rusty and had to fiddle with the controls mid-game to get my push-to-talk key to not cause my viewport to swivel around madly. Sorry about that.

The deal was pretty simple: under Fer's squad lead, we were to plow through the terrain between us and the town that was our target. There was very little cover and just some minor concealment, but on the upside any engagements would have been fairly low range because of the rolling hills. Fer had us push forward as a bounding fireteam wedge, with my B1 spearheading the advance. Alpha squad was advancing on our left flank and the vehicles somewhere in the distance to our right (we could occasionally hear them engage), so I was primarily concerned with our front.

The advance was surprisingly eventless and we reached a small hut with a walled-off courtyard without incident. The town was visible from here at distance of about 300m, with some outlying bunkers, but no visible defenders. After the squad had regrouped, B1 was again to spearhead the advance, but there was no cover whatsoever between us and the town, only some bushes which we were to sneak through. Fer decided to lead from the front and went ahead of B1, which turned out to be a less than stellar idea. After we had advanced about 100m a burst of gunfire rang out from the town, cutting Fer down. The second burst I heard was expertly aimed at me. Game over, without seeing a single enemy.
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

Clergyman - Alpha 3 AR
We pushed up towards the church pretty cautiously, acting as a rearguard. After healing up SL we found out we were practically the only fireteam still up, so we went straight for the church. I got to the gate, took out a few people, made the only successful 'I want this to go here - and it actually did' grenade throw in ArmA history :coolbert: , then decided to charge the gate anyway rather than flank and subsequently died.

Under Pressure - Bravo 2(?) AT
Hang out in an APC. Jump out and kill some bad guys/sweep through a compound. Hang out in an APC again. Recreate a scene from British drama 'Casualty' as a truck full of Alpha hits a mine and Bravo heals the majority of majority of them back up. Crap begins to hit fan and I'm killed by somewhere I don't know.

I really like the setup for this mission though, good job Wolf!

Holy Stones - Alpha 2 AR
Move out. See tractor. Dead.

Morning Sortie - I forget
See above, only instead of 'see tractor' replace for 'see nothing'.

Hell's Highway - Bravo 1 AT
Riding up a hill in a truck, someone on teamspeak mentions that the whole of 2nd platoon is dead. There's an explosion, we jump out and engage enemies on the opposite hill. We clear them out, then it gets called.
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan