ARMA 2
- Cholo
- Valkyries
- Defence in Depth
- Colonels

ARMA 3
- Sweeping Up
- Fivepin Alley

Mid to high 20s tonight but still much death, we moved fast and died fast.

Thoughts and reports below:

dancemoox

Re: [Tue] 08 Oct 2013 (Time for tea)

Post by dancemoox »

Thanks again for hosting Bodge :P

Cholo - Indie Charlie Gang Leader - Labbes MrKev AKKind

"Come out with the drugs above your head" I assaulted the first floor with Bodge, I killed two at the end of the corridor and reloaded, taking the lead from Bodge I stormed the room Gaius was holding, shot him in the head and got my legs shot off by the shotgun. Others tried and others failed to kill him..

Valkyries - MMG Gunner - Ice Assistant

We loaded up in the second heli flown by Mamba, we took a little fire on the landing and I couldn't see where as I was on the back gun. Once we got out Ice set about spotting targets and we moved up onto the mountain side. We held in place as everyone else moved on. I had perfect 600m shots on a squad and called it in, told to hold fire and eventually given the green light when they'd ran away, saddened by this I turned off CC so I could actually hear things Ice was saying. We set about shooting at stuff very far away. This made many things very angry, I was shot and Ice dragged me back behind the rock we'd call home for the next twenty minutes or so. Once my bleeding guts had been pushed back in we turned our attention to more bunkers and more targets. Goldfish had crashed almost on top of an enemy fireteam so I set about killing them, with 600 rounds gone and everyone in the town getting chewed up we decided to move to the next hill 200m away. Somehow on the advance to the town a stationary M2 Humvee had been left alone, that made the 200m run interesting - nothing gets you moving with propose like .50cal rounds skipping past you.. Once on the next hill I killed the M2 gunner and the guys around it, I was by this time running low on ammo, Ice gave me the last of his ammo, or at least tried to the hillside demanded 100 rounds for our prolonged stay. Ice went shopping for a new weapon and I killed another fireteam in the direction he was moving. Once down to the last 40 rounds I ran after him for the record I'd fired 900 rounds so was due for an upgrade too. I grabbed a scoped M240 and Ice snagged himself a 7.62 sniper, we would have done more looting but the Striker decided to rock up. We hid in the nearby bunker and waited for it to mosey on away again, when it didn't I shot a few more EI swarming us. I think we were saved by our helicopter pilot, he distracted it long enough for us to shoot out some wheels and kill the escaping crew.. Couldn't comment on what was happening in the town it may have been a PTSD meat grinder but the outskirts were cut from the same cloth..

Defence in Depth

Sadly I missed the high level strategy meeting due to an unscheduled conference call with head office.

Colonels - Opfor Alpha 3 FTL 'Rainbow Protection Squad' Tigershark Daf Guss

Protect the principal was my one order, and we did, somehow despite some comical fuck ups. SuperU nearly left without his bodyguards, Tiger loaded in with the cannon fodder and once at the dismount mark I lost sight of Super for a few seconds. Eventually we regrouped at the pavilion, I watched the door, Super watched me, Daf watched a window, Tiger did unspeakable things (probably) and Guss fired an RPG at stuff..

Sweeping Up - Opfor Alpha 1 FTL - Tigershark Labbes Croc

We held the forrested area of town to begin with, Croc with his spotting RPG could see targets moving on the hillside. I had Tiger and Labbes set out in some ruins, my plan being when the fallback order was given Croc and myself would pull back and the attacking force would be pincered. In the end we were ordered back as A2 was getting shot up. I ordred my guys into whatever building they took a fancy to, once inside they were to mark in side so others would know where they were. This tactic works well as in no time at all Tiger had contacts around his building, I fired on a few of them missing horribly until the glass broke in the window. My VON usage had attracted some attention from the enemy, I could hear them debating what building I was in. I kept an eye on the stairs and out towards Croc and Tigers building. I saw an enemy trying to rush Croc, I shot him in the back and hit him with a GP for good effect - reloading and checking the stairs I found someone coming up for me, I shot killed them but went down to the reaction fire. Not a bad effort, I need to get some more practice in shooting through glass, perhaps Pr3sario can teach me the secret ways..

Fivepin Alley - Bluefor ASL

Feedback for Audio - as Bluefor SL some indication of the AO where the launchers can be within would have been good, also where did the quad bike come from - I may have been distracted by Swedish people being Swedish..

So Super, speedboat collision lights are not 100% effective at preventing collisions when you use RAMMING SPEED and run over the top of your squad leaders boat.. That got the silliness started and the crazy Swedish were on a IKEA roll. We hit LZ Dunbar after being hit by the assault boat, Croc and I were healed and set off up the hill. Ice and Head had some crazy notion of shelling the town with the assault boat - honestly I've no idea it had something to do with Danes, clearly the winter insanity has set in early.. Eventually everyone assembled at BOF Imperial Flag Plant (or whatever I'd called it). I had A2 push into the town and hold the intersections as A1 hit the monastery hill. The IKEA patrol set out on the quad bike and confused everyone as to what targets were friendly, Super found a van and made his way up. Bodge and A2 were being murdered, I moved into town with Croc. The monastery situation was going from confusing to worse, A1 moved into the town, people were dying I just didn't know any more. Croc and I did our best to clear buildings, when Ice spotted enemy movement in the town 'between us' I moved in the direction of the A1 marker, that marker was very wrong. I assaulted the building Ice was in and killed him, mainly because of the shoddy flat pack furniture.. Audio had landed the scout bird and was moving around town with his TS PPT failing him. He killed a few enemies and we regrouped. Deciding that the emplacements at the monastery were still needing knocked out we commandeered the enemy technical and went for a drive. Bodge said "party at the church" from beyond the grave, we knocked out the launcher and drove down to the church, I went into full tacticool mode and switched to my side arm, I threw smoke into the church and breeched with Croc. Sadly the last remaining enemy had gotten lost, saying "the church" on Altis can be one of 656 churches ;)
ramming speed!

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Five Pin Alley - Creator & TH1 Pilot

Yay. I made something, and then i watched puppets move around in it seemingly with their own wills. Addictive stuff.
Bodge was so kind as to put my mission on, and some issues presented themselves pretty fast.
1 : Having an assault boat with a cannon was a recipe for madness. (And future hearings at the Gävle chapter of the International Criminal Court.)
2 : The chopper-attached quadbikes were silly.

Other than that most problems can be solved by some tightening of my IKEA-screws and slightly better briefings for both teams.

Re : dancemoox : The basic idea is that you should know that they are along the two roads through the city and not much more. The idea is to create the necessity of scouting the roads from afar with binoculars (i know, madness, but they will reappear like Rocky someday!), or with the transport helicopters. The alternative is to find a way to move down the roads and search up close.
I was a bit tired of the "lets move to the next pre-marked compound on the map" strategy associated with our cache-based missions, and wanted something that gave less immediate information.

I -should- have pointed out that you will be informed when all launchers at one of the three "lanes" are destroyed.
The quadbike.... erm.... see #2 above. :roll:

But it seems that the mission is at least somewhat viable for 20/30 players, which is good. The city isn't too large, and the clear goals for BLUFOR makes it possible for it not to turn into a standard "broken elements hunting each other down"-scenario, since BLU can sidestep that and chase the statics.

v2 is almost done. Now with even less suck and more awesome. Yay.

It would be very helpful if somebody on REDFOR shared their thoughts on the mission. (Yes, the boat that shelled the city is already gone... :oops: )

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Cholo
Some PCP-deprived Gang Member

Was ordered (Yes. Ordered. Me.) on top of the construction site. Nothing happened. Then went to see what was going on inside the drug-vault, got shot at by friendlies a bit, found Gaius, died like the rest of my brothers.

Ride of the Valkyries
Deputy Commander

That was a confusing mission. Let's start with the CO who got confused with the actual objective of the mission, then everybody loading in a chopper that can't contain everybody, and me being in charge of three fireteams out of four, and five FTLs out of four are on CC.

So I get to fly a second chopper, but I'm not instructed to take off, hence the lagging behind bit, you know . Take a slight bit of MG fire on landing, from behind, but I have a tail gunner, so what could go wrong: there's no way in hell he can't see that and deal with it. We land safely though, and the nightmare (titled "The Useless DC") begins.

Anyway, I still manage to somehow bring half of the dudes I'm supposedly leading into the first compound, the other half I'm not leading anymore: they got reassigned to a tourism school somewhere in the surrounding hills. I got killed soon after anyway.

Defence in Depth
A2 Saboteur

Ze armerican tanks are coming!
I hadn't played this in a while, was nice to see it's not pitch black Siberian the-winter-is-coming night anymore. Plus we can set things on fire!
Alas, the CO decided that was not a bad idea, but not really a good one either, so you do if you want, but I prefer if you don't, oh, and also please don't. Well.
And my IED is not working. But we were assigned two entrances to watch, so that gave me a perfect excuse to get slightly out of the Castle's walls, to the west. Of course, you've guessed it already, the enemy came from the east. I decided to relocate south, to see if I could flank them and deliver a shot or two before being spotted by those NVG-wielding capitalist pigs and executed by means of a cold bullet in the forefront.
Well turns out I did find a fireteam, hanging out south of the southern tower, but due to some logistics mumbo-jumbo they had seemingly been replaced by the Blind Boys of Alabama, allowing me to score a neat three kills for three bullets. There might have been a grenade involved to finish off that first victim.

Colonels
A1 FTL

I started this mission with an absolutely orgasmic rate of two frames per second. For some reason. Was about as easy getting in the truck as crossing the Grand Canyon bare foot on a rope, after drinking about 3 bottles of Polish Wódka.
We got to the Bus thing alive though, and I decided to astutely hide in the very truck we feared was a big bullseye until the hangover had gone. Soon as it did, I ran out, only to find one of my FT members (Croc, it was you) headbutting me in the face, causing me to fall unconscious immediately. He was so kind as to patch me up, but as soon as I got back into the compound, daf noted it would be a fun experience to see what would happen if he shot me in the nut. Which he did, the monster. I was getting healed up again when the enemy went with the idea that another farce wouldn't hurt anybody, and after wittily stealing one of our UAZs, drove right into our compound. Were met by an Ice rocket, the bastards. Had the side effect to set me right into an unconscious state, and to blow half of Croc up (That one's for you, Tiger).
Brave Toppometer went to raise me up once and for all, except that the very second he put his hands on me, I died. As the poet says, It was a good day.

Sweeping up
SuperÜ's AT dude

Well, really, it's more the Monocular dude. One launcher, no rockets, and no binoculars. We're just surviving through the crisis, son. The Party do what it gots to do.
Then I mostly followed Super around and watched him (but didn't hear him) murder people.

FivePin Alley
OPFOR ASL (de facto CO)

The briefing was slightly confusing, as there were no visible markers for the Statics we were to defend. Anyway, I sent a fireteam to the extreme east of the city, the other one to the south west, as well as a lone man to the north west in case they'd flank us.
Everything went considerably confusingly as the enemy set about shelling half of the country, and I was either trying to shoot silhouettes, 500 meters away, through glass, or to single shot that pesky pilot out out of his helicopter.
I went to check on the two northernmost statics, then pretty soon I was the lone survivor, got bored, didn't read my global chat, ignored whatever voice came from the skies and did not die of boredom.

Regarding that, I like the -eola type of things: the targets are somewhat randomly placed, but you still have an idea about places you need to investigate. Prevents the stalemate when nobody knows where to go.

Satire

Post by Satire »

Cholo - Some dude in Bravo

Charge in, see a massive heap of corpses on the second floor and run to cover. I didn't run fast enough and got added to Gaius's massive bodycount.

Valkyries - Bravo AR, Gaius's FT.

I really wish I'd filmed this one, just to see how terrible the state of the village was by the end. PTSD city. Anyway, we made it to the AO mostly incident free (there was a dead guy at the LZ, no idea who) and advanced to overwatch positions. On the ridge over the town it took no more than twenty seconds from Gaius telling us 'it's safe' to me taking a bullet. Our brave FTL took another bullet dragging me to safety, this one fatal and now I had the fireteam. Let the fiasco begin... :psypop:

Bravo's job was to push through the woods and low ground into the village, sounds simple right? Well, besides getting my Fireteam wrong on the comms we managed to sit in the woods whilst Charlie assaulted because I can't read a map. I also realise now that I should have put CC on when I took over, but looking back that's the last of my worries. When we got there it didn't seem too bad, but then it became clear the enemy was EVERYWHERE. We were whittled down until I ended up in charge of the remnants, and by then it was just Me, my AT man, Homer and daf in the compound, each taking turns to medic each other and kill hordes of Americans, backed up by a Stryker. Command ordered a charge and I obliged, rushing forwards with my RPG out to my heroic death.

Defence in Depth - Blufor A2 FTL ( Aka Team day to day or the Blind Boys of Alabama depending on your perspective)

I kind of liked borrowing the squad in the last mission so I decided to get one of my own. And it ends up being my best FTL outing to date with minimal fail. Once organised into our business friendly structure we form up and assault the castle. Not much to say so I'll let a video do the talking.

Colonels - Opfor A2 AR

Quick and dirty adversarial, I got in a building and sprayed RPK at anything that moved, followed by a victory when someone shot the other CO.

Sweeping Up - Blufor A2 AAR

Not too much to say, A2 cleared through the city whilst I shot at anything suspicious but failing to hit much at all.

Fivepin Alley - Blufor A1 AT (The non-Swedish half)

After a display of tremendous boatsmanship we landed and headed up the hill. Or rather me and Super did, whilst the Swedes stayed back to play with their toys. And nearly FF'ed us with said toys. I put a rocket across onto the monastery emplacements, de-crewing them but not destroying them. On the way to the hill Super decided to help himself to a van and we nearly got FF'ed again. It was about this point he realised it was an adversarial.

We then pushed down the hill into the town after it became clear we'd been made, loosing the Swedes in the process. At the base of the hill Super spotted a brand spanking new SUV he had to have. Unfortunately, Opfor probably realised that and shot him dead. On my own I pretty much went full Rambo mode, taking out a pair in the street and two more who came to flank me. Arma 3 CQB is fun. I linked up with the survivors for the church party but our guest failed to show and admin called it.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Gaia

Post by Gaia »

I seriously got everyone who posted? DAYUM. I never actually got to see my kill count, so I am just gonna assume it was the population of the planet. How many people were left in the end, cus I had run out of bullets, and that is why I was eventually overpowered.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Oh, and did I mention SuperU's absolutely stunning flying skillz?

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

Black Mamba wrote:Oh, and did I mention SuperU's absolutely stunning flying skillz?
Here is a video:

And here is my video for Colonels: