[Fri] 11 Oct 2013 [V+] (Ger'off my land!)

How we died
Pr3sario

[Fri] 11 Oct 2013 [V+] (Ger'off my land!)

Post by Pr3sario »

Quite a quiet session tonight but still a brave 10 comrades joined us as we explored the new lands of Porto (where the AI seem to have been on a tea break).

Tonight we played:

Sensitive Data
The Radio Stars
Porto Clean Up
- (New mission so plenty feedback for mission makers in your AARs please)
Random Engagements
Raid on Corazo
- (New mission so plenty feedback for mission makers in your AARs please)

ChernOLO
Infection

We would like to see the attendance of V+ sessions growing, so if you have friends that play Arma then why not bring them along. We promise to be nice to them before the inappropriate touching starts. Also let your fire team know during the regular FA sessions. Obviously when you are not being shot at... :clint:
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Grizzly

Re: [Fri] 11 Oct 2013 [V+] (Ger'off my land!)

Post by Grizzly »

Porto Clean Up:
DAF Died due to excessive amounts of friendly fire.
That is all.

(So, ehrm, more enemies please?)

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Grizzly wrote:Porto Clean Up:
DAF Died due to excessive amounts of friendly fire.
That is all.

(So, ehrm, more enemies please?)
Thank you Grizzly! Spent all morning adding patrols and new way points for EI. I've also removed that particular heli location as a possible spawn point as its the only one out of town. You wouldn't believe it but there as actually 50+ AI on that map last night, most were in the town though... :D

Sensitive Data
In a team with Kale and IceRaiser, all was going well until we made it to the meet up point. As we entered town I was hit and was in the process of being saved by Ice when a rocket hit us and killed us. Ice re-spawned in the JIP heli slot and proceeded to rescue the last man standing - Kale. I was mighty impressed.

The Radio Stars
Somewhere along the road I lost MrKev from my FT. When I made it to the TV studios I was able to get inside and make it up to the top floor where SuperU was quite cleverly shouting "the ROOF is the last place they would look for a HOSTAGE, why am I on the ROOF". I killed someone at the top of the stairs before going down myself, where I sat in wait to take my last shot at whoever dared come to check on me.

Porto Clean Up
As the mission maker I have to say that SuperU must have some sort of clairvoyant powers as he took the route directly to the crashed chopper. More AI has been added and that particular spawn point has been removed... :commissar:

Random Engagements
Fort SuperU was attacked and we managed to kill most of his team, by the time I was dead Super was the only one left and I found it amusing to watch him in spectate running and screaming like a little girl.

Raid on Corazo
Really enjoyed this mission Kale so thanks for making it. Balance seemed to be pretty good and I liked the fact that civilians were picking up weapons and joining in the fight. It added another element of worry. We lost a lot of high command during this mission, but Ice and one other (sorry I forgot) were able to complete the mission. Well done!
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

First time using ACRE and I really like it. Let's use it more!

Sensitive Data
FTL Daf told us to mount up then seemingly ran away, never to be seen again. We drove over, took heavy fire and 90% of us were dead pretty quickly. Kale also tried to shoot down the rescue helo.

The Radio Stars
Jumped into the helo and we took off. Considering it was a 5v4 match with no AI on the island and theoretically no danger until we hit the TV station Ice said something along the lines of "We should be careful not to lose anyone on the way there" jokingly. It was at this point that I fell out of the helo.

Porto Clean UP
I don't think I fired a shot, but I did get to do a lot of boat driving: you win some, you lose some. I like the idea for the mission and it works with the terrain really well, but it definitely needs more AI - maybe patrols and give some team members silenced weapons?

Random Engagements
First dead, that pretty much says it all.

Raid on Corazo
It felt like this mission used ACRE best as there was a lot of pre-contact planning and manoeuvre, which I really liked. Balance is good throughout and the armed civilians is a good way to catch players off-guard, though I think the base could do with more AI to make that element of surprise more valuable.
Also Daf shot me.
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Sensitive Data - A1 Rifleman - Daf FTL SuperU and Mr Kev

So the plan was formed and daf wandered off like the lost alzheimer's patient he is. We drove down the road with me and Super in the lead, we hit some contacts and I zipped them with the minigun, when we got into town I destroyed a technical but was shot in the process, someone possibly Kev dragged me off the gun and was tending to me when the angry Hind showed up.. Our SUV was intact with all of us dead around it, clearly we need to all remain within the vehicles!

The Radio Stars - Director General

Moar funding for the arts, bring us turtles to put to sleep for winter and coat hangers to make christmas decorations! I held Super on the rooftop since it had just two ways in and we had low funding. Super decided he wanted to wear my 117 and 'contact' his audience - the delusions of radio stars - wearing of the radio proved a bad idea as it got him shot. Once I was killed by Ice Super grabbed my pistol and made a murderous run, he ended up killing Ice and dying outside. Stockholm ftw!

Porto Clean Up A2 AAR - IceRaiser FTL Mr Kev AR Pr3sario RM

So I killed myself and secured my gold revolver for my own use, I also exchanged weapons a few times ending up with a PKM for a spell before going all NATO and getting a Mk48. I didn't shoot Super and any lies Ice has given in his Party Trial are to be disregarded. I attempted to carry Super back to his boat to give him a good viking send off but got stuck to the ground again, Ice unstuck me and carried Super back to the boats, deciding to accompany Super to Valhalla he asked for charges to be set on a timer next to him and I departed on the boat with A2 blowing them up early to prevent unspeakable things done to the body of Super..

Random Engagements - Bluefor FTL IceRaiser SL Daf AR Kale AT

So those trees really are bullet proof, on contact I hit them with GP fire and had to rush them to make sure the two people under them were dead.. Daf decided to shoot me and eventually when Ice got me back up again I spotted enemy SuperU zipping about behind us. I lobbed the last of my GP and fired on the trees, in the end a good old hand grenade got him, and an innocent civilian rabbit..

Raid on Corazo - Medic

Aside from the technicals pooping out equipment and the hangars of non entry it's a good solid mission. Nice usage of radios too, terrain made the 343 only good for fireteams so onto the 148 went SL me and the FTLs. Daf again shot some friendlies and I was unable to first aid people after becoming wounded, I had to shoot Ice with my medical pistol to get him down off the tower he'd decided to climb to prove it could be done. I never knew Ice could do such a convincing cat impression.. After healing up a good few people around the barracks building I went to meet up with Pr3saios fireteam and got shot in the face, they looted my body of the booms and pistol, all the nice stuff I'd looted from the barracks. I'm now resting inside the wooden hut just outside the town..

ChernOLO - Officer Moon Moon - Sergeant Pr3sario

Pr3sario took the rooftop I kept the perimeter, I went outside onto the road and got shot in the bum at the same time as Pr3.

Infection - Disgruntled farmer with lee enfield..

Ger'off my land! So in the coming zombie apocalypse I need to get myself a bolt action rifle, they work out well. I managed to shoot Homer through the supermarket glass in a quick reaction shot, and again when I'd begun to clear the office building, a river of poo was freely flowing by that point as I'm sure everyone could tell from my screaming..
ramming speed!

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

Raid on Corazo
A1 FTL / Kale replacement

Joined the session very late and forlornly watched the FA platoon hotfoot it through the wilderness on their way... somewhere. Before the heartache and isolation became too great I minimised, the role of a non-interventionalist deity clearly not for me. Suddenly a voice out of the void! Dancemoox jumped into Limbo to let me know Kale had disconnected and a space was now open. A brief transmutation later and I gazed out through Kale's dead, lifeless eyeballs. Following Dance to A1's position we scoped out the base from our hillside at about 300m elevation. Since I had no idea what was going on objectives wise AKkind was ecstatic to learn that the leadership would remain with him. I'm pretty sure he held this against me, which would explain his later actions.
While spotting targets, we were in turn spotted, leading to a long range fire fight. Somewhat tense, and a bit of trouble with guards in guard towers and people having to be shot to get out of said towers but within no time the camp was ours. We probably took too much time securing it and so to move us on the AI appeared with a grenade equipped technical. It was taken out but not before A2 took some mortal coil shuffling hits.
We proceed towards the city and our port objective but had to clear a few compounds along the way. One had two entrances. AKkind and Daf went in one, I thought, "aha, pincer movement!" and went in the other. I managed to scream "Noooooooo" before AK's shot took my head off and died hearing him berate himself for his transgression.

He got over it pretty quick though and after a few more friendly fire incidents the remnants of the strike force made it to the docks where they were unable to open the doors. A sustained rain of RPGs hitting the warehouses may or may not have destroyed the Linebackers inside but the party leaders declared victory so who is this snivelling worm to argue?

Really good, balanced mission. Also, Dyslexi ('s face) was in the first camp. Gave a little extra enjoyment to the attack.

ChernOLO
Piece of Human detritus Gang member

One of the quickest ChernOLOs I've ever played. Moved up to the police station, just 3 of us, AKkind, Pickers (?) and me. My fellow examples of human filth leaned out from behind cover only to see the Bacon on the roof apparently awaiting crucifixion. AK and Pickers complied. Two dead Po Po. Yo.

Infection
Zombie Queen

Several minutes spent running around moaning ceaselessly and leaping bushes straight into trees and I felt fully confident in my brain fetish fuelled abilities to murderise every dirty filthy living one of 'em. I was wrong of course and died a couple times first. Finally got my Thriller moves on and got my first couple of converts to Zombianity. Following a Lee Enfield bullet to the head courtesy of Dancemoox taking time out of his weekly shop I respawned and beelined straight to town. Following the ruckus of incredibly masculine squeals and stench of repeatedly soiled y-fronts I zombied in on Dance atop the first floor office building balcony as he tried to mask his cowardly shame by purposefully firing his Enfield at dangerous looking bushes and life-threatening shadows.

Unfortunately for me with seconds to go he found his manhood and with one great squeal turned and sent me back to the hell of a capitalist plutocracy JUST before I got within brain chomping range.

Good times had by all.