[Sun] 27 October 2013 (Tractor Traitor)

How we died
Ferrard Carson

[Sun] 27 October 2013 (Tractor Traitor)

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Thank you to the wonderful 45 fine fellows who dropped by this Folk ARPS Sunday session! As always, thank you for helping us get through the administrative humdrum of slotting and technical difficulties and to shooting people as quickly as possible! Tonight's missions saw some nail-bitingly close resolutions, with close calls and Pyrrhic victories for all!

ArmA 2 Missions:
  • Crash Site
  • Expanded Mandate
ArmA 3 Missions:
  • Air Raiders
  • Come From the Water
    Afterparty
  • Compound
First we returned to the forests of Chernarus with a classic and a meatgrinder! Kale's ever-popular Crash Site saw four air-cows jousting in the air above us as the small, nimble infantry squads danced their deadly samba through the forests. OpFor reached the site first, but BluFor flanked and finished them, but not before a daring flight of SuperU air whisked away the valuable intel! The OpFor left behind didn't live to see the fruits of their intelligence, however, as they were all slaughtered to a one by the vicious, vengeful CDF dudes.

The second mission of the night saw a huge setpiece battle between a horde of Russians and UNPROFOR's Expanded Mandate. At first, Tiger's Alpha reigned victorious over the hill, sending The Dreaded Hind crashing into the ground, aflame. The platoon's AT made short work of the oncoming tanks, but after a furious fusillade of fire, Alpha's back was broken amidst crashing waves of Russian regulars! The remnants of Bravo charged, SuperU charged, the surviving attachments charged! SuperU made it to the top, but was murderized by a friendly HEDP round exploding in the trees above him, and Fer and Issus breathed their last defending their brave commander's corpse on the summit. All was quiet, and the remaining 6 (!!!) Russians took stock of a thoroughly horrific victory. The full story emerged later - as Alpha fell back in disarray under machine-gun fire and grenades, one of their number charged forth instead. Sequestering himself in the cab of a convenient tractor, he took the farming implement on a Tottenritt directly through Russian lines. Mysteriously, no one shot at him. He was later seen in a photo from the International Red Cross, lounging in the airfield from whence Russian reinforcements emerged. The investigation is still on-going...

Arriving on the foggy coast of Altis next, SuperU's Bobcat led a heroic charge in Air Raiders that overwhelmed the first layer of our defense and pinned me in my little tower. Fortunately, that tower is rated against anything and everything up to and including sub-orbital tungsten rods, and Super hopped out for a second to heal – I capped him, and his body was cooked in the subsequent bonfire generously applied to the Bobcat by MAT. Charred Super in the morning with which to celebrate my victory… mmm… :dance:

Come From the Water – Golf Company swept ashore in a hail of GP fire, smashing aside the CSAT counteroffensive. Alpha vanished into the nearby town, never to emerge again, but Bravo seized a nearby ridge and gulley, swarming over the transformer complex and claiming victory for NATO by sending the transformer station flying sky-high!

Finally, in the afterparty, a thoroughly well-armed and armored AAF squad dashed themselves to pieces against the stalwart BluFor defenders until only Head and Satire remained, one with an MMG, one with an APC. They met on the field of honorable pistol duelery… where Satire let loose with his belt of 7.62mm, and Head responded in kind with his mag of 6.5. The duel was over before it began!

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU's FA doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really helps us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

Until next time, eat yer vegetables!

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

boberro

Re: [Sun] 27 October 2013 (Tractor Traitor)

Post by boberro »

I'm not good at this words stuff, but here, have some pictures of the hind that finally got it and one traitor that later left this poor little tractor all by itself on the enemy territory:

http://imgur.com/a/HDeDW
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Satire

Post by Satire »

Ok, ton of video will come as it's uploaded!

Crash Site - BLUFOR A1 AR, with Gaius (FTL), Spitnam (AAR) and Bojangles (Rifleman).

Alpha might have got dropped off a few hundred meters further out than planned, but no worry. We hoof it to out overwatch marker, shoot at something (not sure if AI or human) by the C130 and watched OPFOR's super sneaky ninjas run off with the data in a ballsy extract move.

Expanded Mandate - A2 FTL, with Homercleese (AR), MrKev (AAR) and Stoner (AT Rifleman).

I've never played this before, but once I turned up late for the start of a session to find limbo full of people in shock from this meatgrinder. So needless to say I was looking forward to it!

Alpha was tasked with bounding from fortification to fortification on the west flank of the advance, and it went pretty smoothly. I probably confused my fireteam by calling out close contacts in a not too specific manner but we made it to the hill intact. After a quick sweep and clear we went to check out a lone MG bunker that might still be hiding someone. Then we saw it. At least 4 armour contact, including 2 T-72's and a swarm of infantry. As we legged it back up the hill the world erupted and I lost Kev and Stoner and took a bullet myself. Homer patched me up but our time was short and soon we got killed to death as well.

So yeah, this one lived up to it's reputation!

Air Raiders - Blufor A1 FTL, with Tink (AR), Zenzos (AAR) and Ajax (AT Rifleman)

The first mission I ever made! I was a bit worried that giving Blufor the Bobcats might be a little imbalanced, but it turns out the adamantium guard towers I plonked down on a whim were more than a match for whatever we could throw at them! The plan for Alpha was just to rush the open ground under cover fire from MMG and the Bobcat, then sweep and clear. Sneaking round the back of the hangar whilst the Bobcat battered through the walls was fantastic to see. Anyway, my team managed to get horribly flanked and cut down :( I'd love to know where Opfor deployed

As I said, it's my first attempt at a mission, so any feedback is greatly appreciated. For future reference for the hosts, I'd recommend not having backpacks on this, or at least just light ones. It's too short to need the extra ammo and Arma Asthma is no fun. Also, I've got a half finished and somewhat extended Co-op (as blufor) of this in the works if there's interest.

(Video is still uploading/youtube magic)

Come From the Water Bravo Squad Leader, with daf/IceRaiser as Medic

A lot happened here but I've got a video of the whole mission, barring the run to shore. Sadly, my CC was playing up due to my crappy keybinds so I kept dropping in and out of CC, but daf was kind enough to let me know when I was missing something obvious. Cheers daf. Anyway, I guessed the best plan for Bravo was to bound from ridge to ridge which would give us a good overwatch position on the town with which to support Alpha as they cleared. Alpha managed to get pretty chewed up and by the time I got CC working half decently CO was dead, Alpha was lead by an FTL and I ended up in charge.

I took bravo north along the ridge, bounding by squad and engaging targets in the open as we went. An angry helicopter also came to try for a gun run and got blasted for it's troubles. I tried to get what's left of Alpha to link back up with us, but only a lone man made it, to become an honorary member of Bravo 3. At some point daf left and Ice became my new medic, just in time for the shooting to start! The final assault plan was pretty simple, B1 and 2 would take the gulley running under the road to approach from out of the line of fire from their HMG's while B3 and myself shot the crap out of the target area. The plan worked, Pickers wired the target and after some crashing issues were solved, we blew the charges and claimed the victory!

Although the field promotion was a little jarring I think it worked out OK. Part of me thinks it would have been better to join Alpha in the village rather than stay stuck to the high ground, not out of tactical sense but out of fun/sportsmanship, especially once they started getting whittled down. But then again, victory is victory!

Compound - Blufor MMG with Sean as assistant.

MMG is a beast. I was hoping for a nice laid back afterparty to follow the nerve racking SL'ing but nope, you're gonna play hide and seek with an IFV! Went on a bit of a rampage and went though about half the opposition and the wheels on the IFV before Head got me. For the record, I thought our duel had been abandoned due to him not being able to find a pistol, hence the panic firing, sadly it was in the wrong direction!

But really, dat Zafir. Five kills and at least two of those were partially though floor/wall/stairs, not to mention disabling the IFV. I love 7.62. :D
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Spitnam

Post by Spitnam »

I was going to record this entire session, but then I realized that Dxtory was being a jerk and not recording my microphone as well as windows audio. If anyone has any experience in the program, please help me.

Crash Site – Blufor A1 AAR
Landed via helicopter, walked for a while, saw some guys near the C-130, shot at them, shot at helicopter, using up all of my ammunition, ran over to our FTL’s dead body to get some extra mags, only to find that he was two used ones, totalling ten rounds. Give the one with less ammo to the AT soldier who is also out. Then we lost.

Good mission, if a bit... odd in the way it played out. I don't think OpFor should have a heli when their job is to steal the documents, makes it a bit too easy with BluFor having no way of shooting it down other than excessive amounts of lead. Maybe a tractor or something?

Expanded Mandate – GoatFor B1 AT

This was a story that I will tell my grandchildren.

We, as Bravo one, start off by being very confused as to whether or not the friendly AI was friendly or not, and making jokes at the “kettles” expense. Then we take some contacts, and somewhere in-between Kettle wiping out everything that moved and us slowly advancing towards what the hill, our SL died, letting the brave and honorable (if a bit nervous and slow) Bravo 1 FTL Gaius to take over for Bravo, letting Daf take over command of my fireteam. We made our way to a trench about two hundred metres away from the base of the hill, and we lost Daf somewhere, so it was just me and our AAR, Bojangles. I took (very poor) command of him, and defended the hill from the Russians attempts to retake it. After missing all of my AT shots at the tanks that arrived, and ducking away from the Hind that crashed a bit too close for comfort, one lone AI flanked us and took out all of Bravo 1 and 2, but luckily not killing any of us. The medic miraculously survived, and got us up in quick order. After that, we shot some more dudes before being told to rush the hill, which was as ill-fated as it seems.

Awesome mission though, if I feel the odds were a bit off. The way Carson was laughing at the end told me that we had only survived half of what was intended.

Air Raiders – OpFor MMG Gunner

Zafir Op.

Starting out by running all around the airfield looking for a spot, we ended up staying at the western set of bunkers, me in one slightly farther away from the base than my assistant. After seeing a few distant contacts and encouraging my Assistant to not worry about the Bobcat that was in the airfield promptly killing everyone, I saw a bunch of mean looking people going up to one of those invulnerable metal towers, and promptly unloaded on of my ten belts of ammunition in that general direction, leaving no survivors. I then shot a few other meanies strolling about the airfield, and then took a look at the bunker my assistant was in, seeing a whole fireteam entering. I tried to tell him, but it was too late, and once again, I unloaded a belt of my 7.62 into them, wiping them out as they panicked. Shortly after that a poor lone soul rounded the corner of that bunker and I shot him down mercilessly. Then we won.
Actually though, after that mission, I have a fond respect and attachment to the Zafir and the 7.62 ammunition. If I had an MX SW in that situation, I would not of been as “successful” as I was. Its almost too good.

One thing: there is no way in in any possible condition, that the Zafir can use up all ten belts in that mission, and the four extra that the assistant had were just dead weight. Might want to tone that down a bit Satire. Other than that, great mission.

Come From the Water – A2 AAR

This one is the one that I won’t tell my grandchildren. Because it was horrible.

For those of you who don’t know, I was the lone survivor of Alpha from the village. It was so horrible, I'm not retelling it. Basically: the people who wanted to kill us were everywhere. EVERYWHERE. After it was cut down to just me and the Squad medic, we tried to regroup with Bravo, choosing to go through the “clear” town instead of risk it in the fields. About fifteen seconds before the medic is gunned down from god knows where. I almost looked for the guy who shot him, but decided to run out of the town as fast as I could (which was a slow jog, because ArmA 3) and go around it to Bravo’s position. After reaching it, I stood there for a while looking up to the sky, quite traumatized from what had just happened. Then I joined up with Bravo 3, shot some guys, only to have my life ended by a bunch of people I couldn't see. My words when I died were actually “Finally.”
Never again.

Good mission despite all that. The ArmA 3 AI is too good in some scenarios though, but the map maker doesn't control that.

Even though the last mission was a complete PTSD mess, this was by far my favourite session with you guys yet. I'm still fairly knew, so I'm sure it won’t last for very long, but I must say that I am so glad that I found you guys and decided to stick with you. It’s been the most fun I've had in years, and that’s no exaggeration. So, thank you. Everyone.

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

I trying something new, AAR's written while still cloaked by the haze of booze to drown the trauma. Also, this is unofficially the first meeting of the FA lonely hearts late night rejection society. All buckets of Ben and Jerry's to be air-dropped over Dublin.

Crash Site
OpFOR Bravo 2 AT (Dancemoox FTL, Zenzos AR, Aquarius AAR)

CO made the unassailable decision to assign B2 to act as air hostesses aboard SuperU's rotorific air cow, TH1. This of course was well within our party training and while Dance and Zenzos manned the hot lead injection systems I performed last minute checks running around the exterior of the bovine trying to gain access to the already taken rear gun confirming it's airworthiness. I mounted, ready to begin my lifejacket instructional interpretive dance only to find the chopper empty of all meat shields and so sat in silence mourning the 3 years of training in serving individually packaged peanuts that was going to waste. Captain SuperU even refrained from putting on the usual western 'rock n'roll', the typical focus for our 2 minutes of hate. Austerity is truly destroying our party provided freedoms.

After locating the crash site a daringly close-proximity landing had to be aborted and instead B2 returned to grunt duty, landing several hundred metres south and rejoined the rest of the OpFor human tide advancing from the south east to circle round under cover of forest and approach from the north east.
We went prone mighty quick but even so soon came under fire and I took one in the gullet. Dragging my now useless meatbag, I headed for Dance so that he might lay his restorative hands on me, completely untrained I might add, which is probably why it took so long and ended up with him getting shot before he finished. Aquarius had gone to meet his party assigned heaven initiator at this stage so Zenzos rushed back to lay his equally untrained hands on someone. Priorities became clear all too quickly however, as despite all the back massages I'd offered during our flight he immediately leap to cramming Dance's intestines back in as if my guts were already sausage. But I had vowed never to end up in a breakfast roll and he healed me eventually. I didn't even have the heart to complain about my protruding kidney.

The kidney did end my ballet career however and I was forced to glide like a fox through the undergrowth with virtually no situational awareness. Dance soon got eyes on the clearing and the opposite tree-line where all our troubles were originating. He also got shot again and Zenzos joined the ever increasing waiting list for eternal equality. Luring Dance into some nearby fallen trees we we soon back up and pew pewing at the opposite treeline where distinct targets had finally become apparent. Someone in OpFor secured the info and knowing that I was never going to make an extraction I continued valiantly pew pewing at no ones in particular (while my FTL courageously ran and ran and ran) until a grenade put me beyond any more finger flexing. And Aquarius outlasted me. He hadn't died and made BluFor sweat for the honour of corpsing him.

Victory! (no matter what the filthy ARMA outcome screen says).

Expanded Mandate
Alpha 2 AR (Satire FTL, MrKev AAR, and Stoner AT)

Amazingly ordered Alpha advance on the west flank, clear orders from Satire and blissfully unaware AI until we reached and took the hill. Then the tanks. Then the dying. Then the abandonment of all hope. Alpha lost pretty much all cohesion once the armour hit. Assigned sectors were forgotten and it was shoot whatever you see.

MLG pro tip, do not occupy any decrewed enemy AT guns in an attempt to counter the enemy armour. They very quickly overcome their inability to spot you and turn your world into a space filled with hot projectiles that want to hurt you.

Satire got hit, everyone else got dead. I managed to drag him to the medic and got him good as gold so he could be murderfied almost immediately. I joined him very very soon after. Which was good then because I needed to go out drinking to celebrate the old gods and equally good now because I'm fading fast and about to start detailing my thoughts on overweight women dressed as catwoman.

I can't believe we actually got it down to 6 AI being the difference.

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Spitnam wrote:I was going to record this entire session, but then I realized that Dxtory was being a jerk and not recording my microphone as well as windows audio. If anyone has any experience in the program, please help me.
Check what you have set in the audio tab, you'll have numbered devices. If you've got a microphone set as a device and you don't hear your microphone on the produced file its because its in a hidden audio track, you will need to right click on the file and extract the audio streams.

If you've not got a microphone set as a device then you need to click the green + and tell dxtory what the device is. Simple once you know how 8-)
ramming speed!

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Crash Site: Opfor B1 FTL. Everyone whose name began with 'Mr.' didn't make it to the chopper for extract. MrKev was accidentaly shot at base while boarding the Mi-8 (and couldn't get out to revive), and then Mr-Link went down while charging the plane. Issus and I were left, scanning the trees and laying down fire, until SuperU blazed in for an intense extraction. Unfortunately, I died seconds after takeoff, leaving only Issus to deliver the docs. Just to note: Crash Site is always great fun. My favourite FA missions seem to be the unfocused, high mobility ones. (see also; Goose Chase).

Expanded Mandate: A3 AAR. Most of A3 was wiped out at close range, near the beginning, by a handful of Spetznaz. :argh:

Air Raiders: Blufor A3 FTL. I had to quickly verify my Arma 3 cache after switching back from dev branch (it tripped the whitelist and kicked me.) One of those missions where I lost situational awareness. When we were told to charge to the wall, I somehow didn't figure that it was the compound wall, rather than a tiny stone wall half way. Finally hooked up with A2 and assaulted a bunker SE. Things became very quiet, and I was the last.

Come From the Water: B2 AR. Fun, but there isn't much to say. My clips kept multiplying in my backpack. I also felt slightly guilty for being the only one in the team able to engage at long range until near the end.

Compound: Indfor A1 FTL. We breached the compound from the East without much hassle and it was immediately obvious that the first building we picked was occupied, but I died to a grenade thrown from a doorway on the top floor. I wonder if this mission could be improved with the option of a UAV (with disabled thermals) instead of the IFV. The roofs can't be checked properly without climbing a ladder to the top.

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Crocuta wrote:MrKev was accidentaly shot at base while boarding the Mi-8 (and couldn't get out to revive)
I sincerely apologise for that Mr. Kev. Rookie move :siiigh:
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Issus

Post by Issus »

A fairly eventful evening, during which I harboured a shameful secret...

Crash Site
FERFOR, Bravo 1 Rifleman (Croc - FTL, MrKev and Mr-Link attending)

Commandeering both SuperU's chopper and Bravo 2 as his own personal entourage, Fer shot off into the wide blue yonder at full speed, leaving us to cram ourselves into Alpha's heli and follow at a respectable distance. Tigershark, eager to get the first war crime of the night under his belt, shot poor MrKev in the side of the head as he tried to board, stranding him (if not his bodily fluids) aboard TH2 for the rest of his mercifully short life.

Slightly traumatised by seeing one of our squad mates bleed out in the first few minutes, we suppressed the tears and headed to a hill overlooking the crash site. Bravo 2 were on their way to rejoin us when both they and Alpha came under contact, so the order came to push up to the C130. Croc started engaging a few enterprising scrap merchants around the crash site whilst I was trying to extricate myself from the loving embrace of a nearby tree. At some point Mr-Link went down and it was just me, Croc, and our valiant BSL Inverselaw huddled behind inadequate cover as the bullets fizzled past.

We waited for what seemed like hours to retrieve the intel. Our defensive position was compromised by my guy's unceasing desire to stand up if I shuffled a bit too close to the crate we were cowering behind, but apart from those moments of heart-stopping terror and frustration, my time was evenly divided between healing Croc and going full auto on the treeline and the many unseen assailants who dwelt within. Even the message that we'd obtained the vital documents did nothing to lift our spirits. We were to die here, that much was now certain.

Then! A miraculous sight! Through the smoke and flame the most beautiful sky cow I have ever seen appeared. It was SuperU! Sure, he initially came in a bit too close to the enemy, but an abrupt loop around brought him within running range. "Get to the choppah!" was the cry, uttered for perhaps the first time ever without a sense of irony or strong Austrian accent.

Croc got to the heli around the same time I did, and I flustered my way through the action menu to grab a gunner seat. Annoyingly it was the rear gunner, but I was still able to get a few shots off as we lifted away, the status panels glowing amber and red.

What follows is my best recollection:

SuperU: ...um, is there anyone here?
Issus: (inappropriately cheery) Hi Super!
*Silence*
SuperU: So, um is it only you back there?
Issus: You know, I'm not sure
SuperU: Well, could you... look?
*Issus remembers he can use his special "Owl Power" to rotate his head 270-degrees with the alt key*
Issus: Oh yeah!
Issus: Um. There's one dead guy. And that's it.
SuperU: Do we have the intel?
Issus: I believe so! It's probably fairly blood-stained. They make these things waterproof, right?

So as we came in to land at the airfield we got a mission pop up - OpFor has secured and successfully extracted the documents! Huzzah! What followed was a good five minutes of me and SuperU dancing around the airfield, saluting and humming appropriately patriotic music.

And then the mission didn't end.

And then we felt a bit weird. And guilty that everyone else was still being massacred by BluFor. So we were loading back up for a special rescue when the mission was called and the summary screen decided to lie.

Expanded Mandate
UNPROFOR, Bravo Medic (audiox BSL)

audiox: Hi Issus!
Issus: Hi audio! Um, does this seem a bit familiar to you? Like a nightmare we're constantly reliving?
audiox: Now that you mention it, I do have a premonition of horrible death. Still, I'm sure everything will turn out fine THIS time!

So, with both me and audio reprising the same roles that we occupied the last time we w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶r̶r̶i̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶o̶r̶r̶i̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶r̶d̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶b̶e̶h̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶t̶s̶n̶a̶z̶ played this mission, we were keen to aim for an improved result that we could both submit on our UN performance reviews at the end of the year. And we achieved that. Sort of.

Everything began promisingly. We had Ferrard's Kettle watching our backs, we had Alpha watching our flank, and the AI casually strolling through our lines turned out to be friendly. Which was nice.

Audio quite pointedly avoided entering the forest to our north for some reason (he kept muttering something about "grenades...grenades in the dark"), sending one fireteam there on a sacrificial overwatch as we moved along the road. But even that proved uneventful, and Kettle was reaching the point where it could engage some of the hill's outer defences. Audio was surveying the scene when he... exploded. Not sure if it was grenades, GPs or some sort of AGS, but he now covered a much larger surface area than before.

Emotionally informing Gaius that he was now BSL, I rushed to retrieve audio's binoculars, as I knew they had been a special gift from his wife. Sadly, Gaius's promotion meant that daf was now B1 FTL, and he had grown mad with power:

daf: Issus, I demand you give me the binoculars. There's a very suspicious goat in that field that I need to check out
Issus: But I need them as well! They allow me to... inspect people's wounds at range?

Sadly this sounded more convincing in my head than it was when spoken, so daf got his shiny, goaty prize. And also a bullet in the head shortly afterwards.

As much as I would love to tell you how I artfully orchestrated his demise, the truth is it was the Russians. The same Russians who appeared behind us and in a terrifying few minutes managed to drop at least half of Bravo. What followed was a blur of heal actions, chest pumping, and jam-wiping as I struggled to get my comrades back on their feet, running through dark woods and wincing at the sound of suppressed weapons as I dodged and jinked towards wounded fireteams.

At some point Kettle went down, and Gaius ordered a charge into the fortifications surrounding the hill. Spreading the fireteams out, we were told to hold the line and hold we did. Bravo, with the help of a WEP team, held against everything they could throw at us, with minimal fatalities. I was constantly running up and down the trench, checking, dragging, healing, all while gunfire and rockets erupted around me. A Hind met its fiery demise a few hundred metres to our front. A tank platoon was stopped dead by our RPG and Metis fire. Even when we were flanked and the entirety of Bravo was wounded, I managed to dodge the bullets and heal everyone up (with the help of WEP team and possibly Ferrard?) It was glorious.

Reports about what was happening at the top of the hill were sketchy. We started receiving fire from the hill itself, and the talk was of Alpha having been wiped out. Gaius steeled us for one final charge, but an FF incident caught me and Ice just as everyone set off. By the time we were back up, the remains of Bravo lay bleeding on the field. I was only fast enough to save Mr-Link, and after a few rounds of reciprocal healing we went once more to the hill only to find it... occupied by UN?

Sadly, the way I found this out was by lightly shooting Waffly in the back. In my defence, he wasn't wearing a scrap of regulation blue and was moving in rather a stilted AI-like manner. Good thing he didn't hold a grudge, and we set about our task of finally getting murdered in the dark just like Ferrard had promised. After being told to go "full auto" by Fer, I blazed away into the darkness before being dropped. I tried crawling towards the enemy for a final close-range assault, but the mission was called before I bled out.

Air Raiders
BluFor MMG Assistant (Mr Kev - Gunner)

What follows may be partially/entirely made up.

Issus: Kev, I have a terrible secret
MrKev: Is this to do with goats?
Issus: I've not actually seen an enemy so far in the session
MrKev: I... I don't know what to say about that. Although I will be silently thinking about how much of a coward you are.
Issus: That is a fully justified opinion.

So, given that I was a little "combat-shy", MrKev decided to leave the rolling green hills outside and charge into the airbase itself. Because of "effectiveness". Pffftt.

Admittedly, I haven't played a huge amount of A3, so my situational and geographic awareness still isn't great. It's the reason why I spent a good few minutes walking the wrong way around the shipping-container-wall. It's also the reason why I decided to stop and drop ammo inside one of the hangers, whilst apparently in full view of the enemy MMG team. Not that I saw them, of course. All I remember was the horrible green tracer arcing towards us from the background of my inventory screen. I tried to run and heal, but I either bled out, got shot through the wall, or shot from the other direction.

NUMBER OF ENEMIES SEEN THIS SESSION: 0

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

While I was sat in the aircow yelling GETTTT IN, I was getting shot at so much I don't think any panel was left that did not have a hole in!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =189917373

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =189917442

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =189917480

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =189917522

Couple of piccys