[Fri] 01 November 2013 [V+] (Super SÜbmarine)

How we died
dancemoox

[Fri] 01 November 2013 [V+] (Super SÜbmarine)

Post by dancemoox »

Tonight saw 17 brave and loyal comrades take the revolution on the road to exiting lands both by sea and air and, in one case an ill fated attempt at a combination Littlebird / Submarine Hybrid by SuperÜ..

Missions Tonight:
  • Police Rescue
  • Random Engagements - Podagorsk Edition
  • Whereabouts - Vietnam Edition
  • Radio Free Hazar
  • The Valley
  • Porto Clean Up
  • Jolly Green
  • Infection - Peoples Republic of New Mooxia
  • CHazarLO
  • Infection - Elektrozavodsk
Please post pictures, video, songs of your love of the Peoples Republic of New Mooxia down below as well as any other AAR related shenanigans you like to post. I'd also like to thank the 20+ people that played tonights session, it pleases the moon moon!
ramming speed!

Pr3sario

Re: [Fri] 1 November 2013 [V+] (Super SÜbmarine)

Post by Pr3sario »

Not a good day for A2 in "The Valley"

Just a quick edit of the two "Infection" runs - see my treachery!
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

Scared Shitless

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

There was an unusually high (self inflicted) failure rate this week. This session also saw me taking the CO position a few times (or having it foisted! upon me). But as we all know, say it with me; CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION.

Now repeat until I actually believe it!

Police Rescue
BluFor CO (with medic/offroader pro Kale)

Some Peace Officers were cut off in Zargabad. Evidently they had thought themselves to be total badasses, capable of fending off the might of the Aziz/Azoz's war machine, but this wasn't your ordinary church-fair people's worker party uprising, this was the REAL THING and they were soon squealing for help.
In-mission planning, which, considering the nature of the mission I figured would have to be done on the fly as we tore down to Zargabad in our 50cal armed Hummers. But no, no. Take your time, it won't kick off till we both signal we're ready. I HAD ASSURANCES! So instead I put a brew on and got out my favourite Big Book of Ideas. BluFor was no more than one FT and the CO element, 6 men total. I figured me and Kale would take 1 HMV, and I'd have Alpha take four, 1 each. We'd proceed to way point HMV HOME just north of the city, drop 2 HMVs there because, 1) they have a tendency to blow up, and 2) we could drop the cops here and let them escape while we covered. Also, 3), I was so confident in my plan that I couldn't envisage any situation where there'd be more hummvies left than men.
We'd then move into the city centre down the 3 main parallel roads, 3 HMVs of 2 men each, and hope to spot the cops. If necessary HMVs 1 and 2 would swing west and east respectively and search the outer city.
Sounded alright I thought. Could probably have gone very wrong extremely easily, like with one bullet. Buuuut, we never got to find out. We sent the go message and began zooming there only to have the mission end before even hitting the city. The cops were dead, OpFor was victorious. They, in their bottomless reserves of evil, hadn't waited to plan or for the go signal. Booooo!

Random Engagements - Podagorsk Edition

I'm drawing a complete blank on this one. I'll edit as soon as someone kicks my memory. Or else I'll add an excerpt from my upcoming novel "The Twelve Party Mandated labours of Homercleese".

Whereabouts - Vietnam Edition
Alpha 2 AR (FTL - Mrkev, AT - Dancemoox)

Time for a rerun on a slightly softened version of Kale's soldier liquifier. The carry capacity of the choppers necessitated Fire Teams of only 3 so out went the AARs. As AR I did get an M60e, and it was Swwweeeet! Since we didn't designate any dedicated pilots they were stolen from the FTs and so Dancemoox was taken from us, leaving it up to me and Mrkev, the ultimate buddy team to wipe the floor with some local crime lords. Tango and Cash. Riggs and Murtaugh. Danko and Ridzik. Or possibly Dunne and Christmas.

After a smooth-as-somewhat-lumpy-butter insertion courtesy of Mr Moox; SuperÜ, or SuperApone, took alpha after our first crime lord while bravo trudged south to bring hot justice to the other. I'd barely got oriented when an alert notified us that the king of crime was dead. This went against all my expectations and past experience. We refocused on the third and final target, moving west to our north and started a foot pursuit. After several minutes of some snappy bounding orchestrated by Mrkev, Super decided we weren't making enough ground on target 3 so Dance was called back in to slam down and put us closer. In fairness to Dancemoox he came nowhere near the sub-powerline antics of Bravo chopper so I shouldn't complain.
We were dropped, proceeded through a factory compound and almost immediately made contact on the other side. I got into a sweet position, prone with my M60 and tore up any and all gutter filth that I glimpsed through the nearby bushes. Got all of my 5 kills within about 30 seconds; one of them must've been the final kingpin cause we won!

Radio Free Hazar
OpFor CO.

I was forcibly volunteered for CO for this and despite having played this mission from both sides a couple times I was a bit unsure how to proceed thanks to Dance mixing it up with the initial slotting. We wouldn't be facing dirt farming peasants, we were up against a chopper equipped bunch of mercenaries. I decided that despite this I didn't want to concentrate the transmitter defence around the mansion as I'd seen too many teams turned into GP and RPG soup that way, so I split daf's 3-man A2 between the building/mosque to the north-east of the square, and putting one man (Dancemoox) on the mansion balcony gun emplacement to discourage the chopper from any daring insertions. A1 went to the row of houses to the south-east as I figured that would allow them to get decent sights on anyone advancing from the south to east and allow them to fire on any advance through the square. And that just left me, so, just in case, I decided to hole up in the mansion.

That turned out to be a pretty lucky just in case. Within minutes of giving the go message the chopper appeared making a beeline right for the mansion from the south. Dance didn't have great sights on it but managed to give it a loving welcome all the same. Despite the damage it still made a workable landing on the roof, where I'd just scurried to in desperation. While screaming (on the wrong radio as it turns out) for the FTs to pull back in and save their dear, sweet, beloved CO, oh, and the transmitter, I emptied a mag into the chopper and it's filthy capitalist soldiers of fortune and got two I think. Still ineffectually screaming into my radio I leggedit down the stairs but took a bullet so turtled around and got the next one to put his head in my sights. Dance had turned his mighty firepower on the stairs at this point so I slithered over to him and he finally told me how useless my radio instructions had been. Luckily FA trains it's FTLs with a bit of initiative and they were already making their way upstairs and to the roof.

The mast was saved and the defence was a glorious, near disastrous, victory!

The Valley
Alpha 2 AR (with FTL Pr3sario, Bojangles aaaaaannnd......)

This was a disaster. We were to clear four caches. We moved west, offroad over hills and took up our positions just beyond overwatch on the first town. A3 and B1 were getting hammered to our North already. We started taking fire and I spotted one guy to our front (west) and with my sexy MG36 I nailed him. But we still kept taking fire and it was getting worse. Couldn't locate the source. Barely even the direction; south-east maybe. Started crawling that way, hoping for some eyes. We took a casualty. Then another. Then another. I was still crawling without much direction. The lads were trying to get into cover... somewhere. I finally joined my FT in the red, pulsing, shaking, reloadingless hell of injury. All down we basically just waited either for support or death. It was always going to be death at that stage.

And then there was just waiting. A lot of it. The remains of IndyFor seemed to be a bit lost for a while and they all had a Pow wow around one of the armoured SUVs. Which evidently broke down because they all split up. Dance went on a roadtrip for the ages, took out two caches pretty much single handed and started getting some mad air bro, leaping buses and road blocks in a single bound (well, nearly). But the SUVs armour finally gave out and he slumped forward over the wheel, the life leaving his eyes as the SUV rolled to stop. *Sob*.

Porto Clean Up
Alpha 1 FTL (Pr3sario, audiox No, NO! The PTSD! Don't make me remember!!....and uh,... sorry)

Draakon CO'd this one, we were to assault the docks on the north of Porto and blow up some kids toys, or something. 3 FTs, 3 Littlebirds. Punch in fast, land south and move north in a standard squad wedge, A1 on the left. On the way to the littlebird Pr3sario froze and started gibbering, frothing like a deviant. We all politely looked away, not wishing to embarrass him or get saliva on our uniforms. He quickly snapped out of it but turned to us, eyes now heavy with foreboding; "We should probably expect contacts as soon as we land". Undaunted we all took off, and managed not to collide. Swinging around the coast we turned into our northern approach when without any cause that I could see A1's littlebird took a straight nose dive into the waves, some gubber about getting shot at, or shot down. Who knows. Trailing a bit behind I decided to set down immediately, we were pretty close to the LZ anyway. A2 strayed way north so seeing as Draakon was currently filling the bellies of what I have no doubt to be a fully modelled sea-life food chain, I started trying to sound like a CO. They were to move south slightly and take cover in some vegetation while we moved north to link up. BUT we immediately made EI contact and though we downed at least a fireteam we didn't stop the fire. Or locate it. A1 all downed, I called for A2 to come to us with the medic but they we getting pretty battered as well and the medic (Dance?) went down as soon as he got to us. Five soldiers in capacitated, no one else left. This was a fail.

I got my radios right this time though.

Jolly Green
Stranded AR

This mission hates us all. ALL OF US. ALL OF LIFE. It makes ARMA 3 AI look like me. I took a hit in what was essentially the first few shots fired. Under the assumption that there was a resurrection system I shouted for about 10 minutes before I realised that I wasn't down, I was dead, and no one could hear me. Then I shut up and waited for it to all be over.

Took about 3 or 4 minutes.

Infection - Peoples Republic of New Mooxia
M14 guy.

What a lovely night to be out, even with all the ambient screaming and groaning. Whistling my way to a more satisfied state of mind I listened in puzzlement as the radio filled with screaming about panic directions and calls for new underwear. I bumped into Pr3sario and it took me a few seconds to remember why he was a little unnerved. Oh right, the Zombie. Strolled around for a bit. I asked about getting high ground, Pr3sario suggested the Aircraft Control Tower, henceforth known as the ACT. Aaaah, snappy. It was just inside the boundaries and sounded fantastic. Unfortunately as we got close we picked up something. Someone. Dancemoox! And he was extolling the benefits of becoming a citizen of New Mooxia (no longer the ACT). After some haggling about totalitarian pyramid structuring it was decreed to be a Republic! Dance still ended up at the top but with Pr3sario as that's how we (in our minds at least) circumvented the no bigger groups than 2 rule. It was now only two per distinct y coordinate.
New Mooxia's history was short but rich and full of colour. Mainly rich and colourful screaming but jam packed all the same. Croc joined us, and he and I dispatched the King Zombie at the main door, Pr3sario was plucked from his perch by a swooping zombie and I was finally co-opted by the apocalypse as I thundered down stairs at the sound of Croc's screams.

I was rebirthed and made the run north to the land I loved just in time to see Dancemoox be devoured from behind while defending his nation as a true Republican should (I know I'm Irish but I don't mean that kind of Republican). Who was left, I needed brains. Fluffeh? No! Zergra! I caught up with the chase just in time to see him gun down one of my brain-craving brothers but he ran instead of fighting and with much gusto I ran him down. MWAAAAAHA!

CHazarLO
Gang affiliate.

Drove close to the police HQ, checked the ground floor, climbed onto the roof, scanned the 2nd, and moved to engage Croc on the second with another honoured member of my peer group. Croc shot us both. Booo! And then Dance shot him. Hooray!

Infection - Elektrozavodsk

Volunteered for Zombie duty and my Jebus it was a baxturd! Fences and gardens and gates that can be fired through are no friend of the undead. Neither are one entrance only churches, or school buildings with upper rooftop defenders (Draakon). Refining towers are nearly as bad (Satire and Fluffeh). Tried at them all and failed to talk anyone at all around to my way of thinking. Came close against Dance but he sniped me perfectly out of the air as I threw myself at him. Was starting to think that might have been it had he not then stumbled into the church seeking refuge only to be instantly murdered by the heartless, unfeeling Zergra with moral support from Pr3sario. Now with the horde (can two people be a horde?) freshly bolstered, the tide began to turn. Dance returned to the church and managed to get Pr3sario and later with Pr3sario as a (unplanned) distraction I made it to their platform and ate Fluffeh, Satire (memories are volatile things! Don't trust them! Or other people!) soon being nibbled on by the surving and valiantly blood smeared Pr3sario.

And then only Draakon was left. Zergra got closest, whispering sweet nothings into his ear before having his face atomised while the rest of us attempted to vault up to chomping distance. But Draakon survived and I only succeeded in bonking my head off walls. A lot.
Last edited by Homercleese on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:03 am, edited 5 times in total.

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

Porto Cleanup
'Everyone is jumping around doing silly things, I know what I'll do, I'll roll into the sea!"

Sorry everyone :oops:
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

Satire

Post by Satire »

Random Engagements - Podagorsk Edition - Blufor A1 FTL

A1 got the west side of town and decided to check out the factory on a hunch. The appearance of someone running around up the chimney made the hunch worthwhile and we found most of the rest of them in the buildings. Got got shot from some random angle and got to watch A2 look for the survivors in a long game of hide and seek.

Whereabouts - Vietnam Edition - B2 FTL

Just me and Spitnam left to roam the woods looking for murderous guerillas. Oh god it's happening again!

Actually we all seemed to come out of this unscathed and I even got one of the bosses myself after he appeared out of thin air for five feet away!

Radio Free Hazar - Indfor MG gunner

Rooftop landings are hard...

The Valley - ASL

Oh God. I messed this one up bad, my apologies. The plan might have worked if the hills themselves weren't ready to kill us all to death. I tried to run after A2 to get them up, laid smoke and by the time I had they were all dead. Somehow A1 made it into town so after faffing about we decided to go look for them, I jumped into the gun SUV after the gunner got shot out, and driving ramming speed got us into the town, where I caught a well deserved bullet. I was hoping that things might play out in a slow fashion but every element taking contact at once just overwhelmed me.

Porto Clean Up - A2 Rifleman

After the last mission I'm done with responsibility for a while, so lowly rifleman it is! That said, the aura of fail persisted, and Kev drowned during briefing. Then when someone tried to drag his body, they dragged me instead, which was... rather unpleasant as the camera spins and bobs like crazy. :psypop:

The three of us made it to the LZ, and promptly got shot up by baddies hidden in the bushes. Everyone was downed and the mission was called.

Jolly Green - M136 Dude

Short mission, head up the hill, shoot someone, get shot in return, game over man.

Infection - Peoples Republic of New Mooxia - Lee-Enfield Farmer

Well, my living moments have been recorded by SuperU so that's covered. As for my undeath, I spent most of it crawling up the the Peoples Republic of New Mooxia, to pull of a sneaky leap attack that caused it's leader to crap himself in terror. Job well done.

CHazarLO - Drug loving drummer

I managed to snipe one of the PoPo on the roof with my makarov SD, then head up there to liberate his MP5. This then came in handy to mow done another officer who wouldn't give me my drugs back.

Infection - Elektrozavodsk - Bearer of the M14 of Justice

I met up with Fluffeh shortly after spawning in and we headed out for the station. Sadly, or plans to ride the rails to freedom fell apart when there was nobody alive to sell us a ticket. So we decided to become Oil Barons instead by hijacking a nearby industrial zone. My M14 proved a potent instrument of Zombie slaying, although after they got Fluffeh I knew I had to move. For some reason Homer seems to think I was dead, although my memories say otherwise. Anyway, after hanging around for a bit I went to join Drakkon at the school and wait out the timer for the victory.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

Satire wrote: For some reason Homer seems to think I was dead, although my memories say otherwise. Anyway, after hanging around for a bit I went to join Drakkon at the school and wait out the timer for the victory.
I was a zombie! I had minimal brain functions! Plus I blame Pr3sario. I'm pretty sure he told me you had tasted delicious.

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Homercleese wrote: Porto Clean Up
Alpha 1 FTL (Pr3sario, audiox and uh,... sorry)
I must say, the Party's cloning program, or perhaps the Party's deprogramming program must have advanced quite a bit, since i have no recollection of having attended this session....!

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

Alright, aaaaalright! You got me! So my minimal brain functions have nothing to do with the temporary case of zombieitis. I am, in general, a mentally deficient person. THIS is why I usually wait for other people to write AARs first; so I can piece together my life from the crumbs left by them.

I'm sure it was an "a" though. !!!! Awaitz! Was it you?

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

Haha, Satire, at least concerning what happened to A2, I don't think there's any blame to assign to you. We were decimated simply because the AI AaaaayIeeeeyed us. Even if you had a reserve FT or something ready to move into support us I don't think we could have given you any workable info to make them effective. Probably would've just ran into the same grinder that had just minced us.