[Tue] 05 November 2013 (The Humanity)

How we died
Tigershark

[Tue] 05 November 2013 (The Humanity)

Post by Tigershark »

Thank you to the wonderful 21 or so fine fellows who dropped by this Folk ARPS Tuesday session! Thanks also for slotting in an orderly fashion.

ArmA 2 Missions:
Internicine OE
Black Folk Down
Highway

Arma 3 Missions:
Church of Kerry. - Audiox tried to hunt down Kerry but Tigershark swept Kerry off his feet and fled in a small Fia(t) truck and settled in a nice beach house.
Burn - Tink led a squad-sized SF attack on Air Station Mike-26. Everyone died.
Compound - Head, using the Strider's amphibious ability but totally ignoring the rule about leaving it outside the town, assaulted the compound and managed to eliminate Moon Moon's Cult of not-wearing-pants.

BFD lived up to its name with a help going down in the first 5 mins of the mission. It then turned into the kind of meat grinder Italian sausage makers dream about.

Great games...thanks guys.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Satire

Re: [Tue] 5 November 2013 (The Humanity)

Post by Satire »

Internicine OE - Indfor Alpha FTL with Spitnam, Bojangles and Disenchanted

Given that Opfor took a while to get started, I guess that their plan was something along the lines of flank east using the cover to get close. Well, lo and behold I was right! I ate a bullet early on spotting enemies, but my fireteam held out and picked off the attackers one by one.

Black Folk Down - Bravo 2 AR with Gaius, Croc and Spitnam

**Video to Come**

Fun times, with plenty of bullets to go around, most of them aimed at us. The whole check targets to see if they're civvies went out of the window early on, and I had an M60 to play with. Good times.

Highway - CO with Dancemoox as medic

"It's only an ambush, how hard can it be?"

Well, this deserves some explanation. The plan was to set up an L-Shaped ambush, with Delta as an outlier. It should have gone kind of like this:

Alpha and Bravo would initiate the ambush, Foxtrot would cut off the tail, MMG could rake dismounts with bullets and everyone else could kill the targets stuck in the kill box. Delta and Echo were lookouts who could move in if needed, then we get the hell out.

Unfortunately it didn't go so well.

Something, possibly an ND, alerted the convoy, who piled out in front of Echo and swept through the valley like a death tornado. I got hit before I could really co-ordinate an effective response, and it all started coming apart as the APC's overran our positions and wiped us out piecemeal.

I think concentrating forces a bit closer together would have helped, along with AI drivers who react to ambushes in any tactic other than full ramming speed at the nearest group of heavily armed men with RPG's. Still, it would be nice to try the plan again without getting detected before we could spring the trap.

Church of Kerry - Blufor A1 FTL with Alethron, Tink and Spitnam

A1's job was to keep our glorious leader secure from AAF dogs. I put my AT team in the construction site to watch for a sneaky northern flank, while me and Spitnam went looking for the enemy. We found them on the east side of town, marked and pulled back for A2 to deal with. Our search for safe spots to hold up the enemy went through half the house in town, none of which had east facing windows. We held out our ring of steel for 15 minutes allowing Kerry to hightail it out of town, just as AAF made it to the chapel. Instead of Kerry, they found me and I gunned down a pair of them before we claimed victory.

Burn- A3 FTL with Toppo, Spitnam and Ardyvee

After nobody wanted to lead A3, I dropped out of A2's AAR to take the lead. Our helo had to wave off at the LZ, but our alternate dropoff let us get great eyes on the rest of the team, and Toppo got to have a field day with the AR as the enemy crested into the rest of Alpha's position.

After that we got to play overwatch element where we pissed of a GMG Strider. I did wonder who puts a GMG MRAP in a mission that only issues 1 AT launcher per sqaud, and then I remembered this was a Ferrard mission...

We died shortly after.

Compound - Underpantsfor AR with Toppo, IceRaiser and Fake Alex

Well, my position up on the balcony of our building was lost when I clipped through the wall and fell to the ground from the top floor. Somehow I lived, tried to flank and fell victim to the mostly bulletproof stairs. Indfor mopped us up and Moox plaza fell to the invaders.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Internicine OE - Indi Charlie FTL - Zitron Willem Dan

Colour coded Charlie markers pleases the Arma Gods, I was the only one to die from my fireteam and that was possibly due to me shooting wildly at the skylining enemy from out on the balcony, seems I didn't see the Camo warriors breech the town to my right.. Hat wearing team won in the end.

Nice job CO'ing Gaius, kept it simple, when the enemy force was spotted you moved assets when required. Sometimes it can be a gamble, as it turned out the enemy did have a flanking force but that was wiped out by the good defensive triangle created. My only comment of note, why did you go to the door out onto the balcony where I'd died, it was waay too hot..

Black Folk Down - Engi Team Lead - Zitron as my able assistant

So from the start of the mission I had a teleport option and could have used my Star Trek powers for good and teleported myself and my red shirt behind enemy lines and blown some things up with the massive number of mines and other exploding goodies we had, but tonight wasn't my shift in Engineering so I had to travel by helicopter then foot then helicopter like some kind of 21st century person..

Engi disembarked from TH2 and Zitron got started looting the corpse of some poor unfortunate that had somehow become caught in the rotor blades. His M136 was a nice addition to our list of things that go boom. We stuck with CO in the rear as Bravo attempted to walk into the mincer, TH1 got horribly shot down and I gave my expert Engineering opinion that they were dead and we swiftly moved on with our lives.. We moved forward maybe twenty feet, CO got shot, BSL got shot everyone was getting shot. I kept my head down moving along the limited cover, occasionally popping my head out to shoot at bad dudes far away.. When Bravo was well up on its purple heart quota and requested to pull back and advance via Alphas cleared route I got Engi moving, with Bravo meat shielding us we ran first to TH1 who were very very dead and then across the open very very quickly to the compounds Alpha had cleared on the way through. Just as I was about to get us moving towards Alpha TH2 took fire, SuperÜ the door gunner and documentary maker was hit and so was TH1 - new orders were to pull back and repair them, then with Super dead we took over the gunner seats. Myself as Crew Chief and Zitron on the right. What followed more than makes up for my poor gunnery in V+ recently, between myself and Zitron we took out 29 targets including a highly suspicious SUV that bad men loaded up into then attempted to drive out of the AO and a M2 Land Rover about to do all sorts of nasty things to the ground pounders. More repairs and a fresh bird (for ammo) and we were taking names over at the airfield. If we'd have been able to get eyes on the HMG that was stalking the east side we'd have maybe have been better use.

Highway - CO Medic

I moved myself into the center as best as I could, with Fox set up in buildings by the road and nowhere else to go I got behind cover in the south petrol keyosk and waited. Someone nearby fired a shot, the EI dismounted from the convoy and the first enemy vic opened up on me.. I crawled out towards Fox, I spotted a Toppo and cried for his help, left behind you right stop, eventually I was healed up. I dashed towards Fox looking for an RPG. I found Daf and picked up his RPK, and kept moving north looking for something grenade like, rocket or otherwise. I found EI milling around the buildings as well as crew members from the enemy vics, I also found one very alive IFV doing all sorts of damage to the east of the road, it saw me, killed me and then I got to watch Gaius have a PTSD episode inside a bunker..

Church of Kerry - AAF A3 FTL - Daf Aryvee Swinkko

Plan was to move up the hill with CO and shoot at the town, the hill shot at us and it was horrible. A1 and A2 were doing a good job suppressing the hillside, as I moved up I threw a frag at a formation of rocks then followed it up myself, on CC I cried "A1/2 shift fire " my grenade hadn't killed the rock dweller. Tracers still look lovely.

Burn - Medic

So one of the fireteams got wiped out, A1 since we no longer had AT. I'd grabbed a GP rifle from one of the dead guys, as the GMG Strider flung 40mm at us I did my best to push towards it returning 40mm. I fired my last HE and it then returned with what felt like five or six of its own, I was very very very dead 'sploded into lots of tiny bits. At least I'd blown out a wheel before I died! I blame you Ice, requesting that we laser the target for you, I saw someone else point a laser in the best described as vague area of the Strider, my pin pointing of the drivers eyeball made it mad!

Compound - FIA CO

Curse those crazy swedes and the flat pack sea monster, I laughed when Fake Alex said "do they have boats?" how wrong was I.. At least we won the moral victory, swimming IFV inside the exclusion zone, tisk tisk Head..

Clearly my Moox Plaza defensive plan operates best when I've got two fireteams, further investigations are required.
ramming speed!

Gaia

Post by Gaia »

Internecine Obama Edition- CO INDFOR

I set my fireteams up in a triangle in the middle of town. The plan here was to establish a 360 field of view, so I could hope to either find Opfor as they advanced, or find Opfor as they maneuvered.
Turns out, both happened. Shortly after the session started, Alpha spotted trucks to the south, and I sent Bravo into the town to prepare for an attack from the east. Opfor crested the hill, and we laid down suppressing fire. When I was shot and killed while poking my head out a door, the mission was going well....

INDFOR victory, and my first victory as CO!

:dance:

For Black Folk Down, check Satire's video. It sums up the first half of the mission.

The second half of the mission was mostly me bounding with croc, trying not to die. Generally stressful and scary.

Highway- Charlie FTL

Charlie was tasked with being a rear guard for the ambush, and so we vailantly hid in a bunker. To waste the time til the attack, we braided each others hair and talked about boys.

The mission started going wrong when Foxtrot was spotted. I tasked my AT with, and I quote, "Shoot them. Kill them." Sadly, he missed, and we were soon overrun by infantry. In the firefight on the side of the hill, we got shot several times, and I lost my legs. BUT I KILLED THE INFANTRY!!!

Soon after that engagement, several APC's stormed up the hill towards me, and I hid in a bunker and cried... At some point a member of Delta drove a truck up to me, despite me saying I was dead anyway... They died horribly.

I finally was shot by an APC after getting a killcount of 9.

:clint:

Finally: Church of Kerry. Kerry/CO

I, as the glorious leader of the Cult of KerryBaltar, decided to split my forces rather than try to hold the area around the chapel. I decided I didn't want to get shot at, so I tasked A1 with holding the town in front of the chapel, and A2 with forming a BOF on a nearby hill overlooking the town.

A1 met contacts, and baited them into the town, where they were were massacred by A2's fire. A1 held the line around the chapel admirably, and me and Tiger ran off and found a beautiful beach home.

A second win for Gaius!

:zoidberg:

And Dancemoox, in answer to your query, the reason I looked out that door is because I am an idiot... I suddenly forgot I was CO, and I started looking for contacts...

Alex

Post by Alex »

Can't remember my squads all that well, but I had a decent run for my first session.

ArmA 2 Missions:
Internicine OE - Backed up my fireteam lead in defending the village, fired a whole lot of rounds before taking one to the face. Killed

Black Folk Down - Stuck together and pulled through with only one casualty from our fireteam. A respectable amount of kills but a little disappointed with not getting to fire my rocket. Survived

Highway - AT on Echo. Aimed my rpg and was shot in the face for my effort. Killed

Arma 3 Missions:
Church of Kerry - Fireteam hud did not install correctly (turns out I had forgotten the community pack :oops:). made it to within range of the church before being killed.
Burn - MIA
Compound - Stationed on the roof to watch the road. Got bored with looking at trees, decided to watch the water instead. Spotted the Strider moving along the beach and alerted my team. "Do they have boats?". Fireteam leader was killed next to me shortly after the firefight broke out. I managed to kill a pair assaulting another tower before being killed.
(fake)

Ardyvee

Post by Ardyvee »

Although I joined late to the session, I still had a lot of fun. And, with out exception, I didn't feel as useless or lost. Oh, and I sorted out my VON (for now), so no more whisper listing the fireteam I'm in to deal with it.

Highway - I acted as the AAR for the MG team. Hiding behind a rock just south of the alpha - bravo line, we waited. We didn't want to be seen until it was time, after all. But that was not meant to be: soon after the convoy reached the Charlie - Delta line north of us combat started and we were left with firing from a distance. I can only imagine that both Alpha and Bravo had their effectivity reduced as well, being unable to use their ATs correctly. (Wasn't the plan for the southern line to initiate and trap as many armored vehicles within the square?). It wasn't long until we were shot at. Zitron fell after being shot the second time, and I took on his job to shoot the MG. I just wasn't sure what to shoot at since there was barely anything worthy of shooting at the road, at a distance of 600-800m. Eventually, what was left of the platoon was ordered to retreat. Charlie wouldn't made it, and... I'm not sure who else was left at that point: part of Alpha, maybe one, and somebody else. I tried to retreat, but my indecision of "should I leave and save my skin or try to shoot at something and help others" eventually got me shot. I bled out afterwards.

Church of Kerry - After landing, I got separated. When I finally managed to see my team again, we had already lost daf. They were going uphill, and I had the advantage of seeing better what was up. Except I didn't, and FTL got killed without me noticing, from uphill. Eventually, I made my way to Swinkko, uphill. It wasn't long after I was shot from downhill. I didn't have the chance to see what happened to him, and I'm not even sure I could communicate we were being shot at.

Burn - Alpha 3 had to be landed away from the rest of platoon when our helicopter got shot at. We were making our way to FUP when Alpha 1 and 2 made contact. We were in a very good position and our FTL made the decision to engage targets. We were, after all, in a good position. I remember making my way with FTL while AR and AAR engaged, and then FTL correcting and directing the shoots for increased effectiveness. We then moved towards the objective, joining the now advancing Alpha 1 and 2. As we reached the top of the hill, and got eyes on the air station, we encountered a problem: I, as the 4th member of the fireteam, would have been the one to have an AT. I did not, being a grenadier instead. It was Alpha 1 the one who should have had the AT. It never made it, possibly because they had lost it. I'm not sure. And, as we looked at a group of EI on the road, behind light cover, with a vehicle behind... Well. EI begins firing at friendlies. Given our position it seemed logical if not ideal if we fired at the EI. So I did. On further thought that might have been a great moment to use the UGL I had, but hindsight is 20/20.

To note, the pilots on the helicopter giving us support did their job very well. It was pretty to see the tracers of their minigun rain down on the enemy, and it was pretty nice to have air support.

Compound
- So, FIA extremists took over (part of) a town. We were to get in and take it back. Head, after being allowed to get in the Strider, had a pretty nice plan. We were to get in, ride to the water, and attack from the beach. Solid plan. Of course, turns out it probably isn't as quiet as it could have been and we were spotted not soon after. As soon as our superiors heard about our use, we heard about it. I disembarked close to the pier along with somebody else, and we moved through the small pocket of trees, while the vehicle was "disposed of". The other three members of our attack force reached shore, and we moved through the buildings. Eventually me and somebody else took hold of a building. I personally shot 2 extremists that were holding on the rooftop on nearby buildings, while the rest of the team tried to take over their own buildings. I was shot for peeking through a window when I couldn't see where the enemy was but they could see me.

For what is worth, Head's plan was pretty interesting (although it was against the rules), and with a lot more people it would be quite interesting to execute.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Internicine OE: Indfor A2 FTL. Sneaking through bushes to the NE, Bravo spotted contacts in the top floor of a building and opened fire while Charlie(?) maneuvered in. We caught up, stacked around a house, and got bogged down with no easy way to advance, and our numbers began quickly whittling down to nothing.

Black Folk Down: B2 AAR. Highlights: All of Bravo taking heavy fire and retreating behind Alpha while CO - who did not give any fucks - advanced that way successfully. Then a charge across open ground to Yarum, which left us having to rescue a wounded Gaius.

Highway: Delta RPG. I landed a few good rounds on the convoy, which was considerate enough to open fire on us and make it more exciting for the guys without RPGs. IceRaiser went hunting for more rounds down in the greenery and got very shot. The rest of us withdrew, and Tink went on a daring rescue mission in a pickup truck. :hist101:

Church of Kerry: Blufor A2 AAR. Gaius, you fell prey to 'plan by committee'. Luckily it went very well. A2 took the Soutern hills and engaged the enemy. I ended up pinned behind some rocks but managed to take a couple with me as they advanced onto my position.

Satire

Post by Satire »

Video for Black Folk Down is now up, enjoy!

Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Those tracers in Hillside Skirmish sure do look pretty :v:

Has anyone dropped this one yet?

''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Gaia

Post by Gaia »

It is now my greatest goal in life to be Folk ARPS' dedicated Captain America...

Whenever we see a wreck from now on, I will panic and try to get my team to fire on it...