[Fri] 08 November 2013 [V+] (Special Offer On Fog Machines)

How we died
Pr3sario

[Fri] 08 November 2013 [V+] (Special Offer On Fog Machines)

Post by Pr3sario »

Thank you for coming along tonight. We peaked at 18 brave comrades including our old friend Cam. Good to see you again. Thank you for bearing with me during some teething issues in the first mission and slotting quickly, always helps the host. We played:
  • Oily Recommended
  • Crash Site
  • Porto Clean Up (Still too much AI)
  • Random Engagements (Celle 2 Edition)
  • Raid on Corazol

• Infection
  • CHernOlo
As always please tell us about your acts of valor or cowardice, even if all you post is a picture it will help us develop the sessions. Also a shout out to Kale who fixed his mission mid session so we could play it.
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Satire

Re: [Fri] 8 November 2013 [V+] (Special Offer On Fog Machine

Post by Satire »

Crash Site - Blufor A2 AAR with Pr3sario and Bojangles

A2 got lucky and were selected for super parachute duty. I did point out that I don't have the best luck when it comes to parachute landings while in the plane over. That said, the reason it went wrong last time had something to do with Dancemoox shooting me, which was a bit unlikely given he was the pilot on this one. Well, guess what happened instead?

Yeah...

As luck would have it after I stopped filming an enemy fireteam decided to use the industrial complex as cover, scoring me three neat kills. Sliver linings and all that!

Porto Clean Up (Still too much AI) - A1 FTL with Lazer, Spitnam and Gunrun

Well, we had a nice boat ride over, followed by a beach holiday from hell. Bad men with big guns in bushes, it was horrible. My team was slowly picked off one by one until I was the last one standing. Every time I got healed I was shot 5 seconds later and ended up bleeding out around a tree with Homer and Dancemoox.

Random Engagements (Celle 2 Edition) - Blufor ASL

Well, the plan was to check if the little village was occupied and if not clear fort moox. The forecast for Celle was a full on Stevie Wonder fog, but still I went for a cautious approach anyway expecting the enemy to not be cowering in a building. We eventually made contact with A1 in the complex and A2 outside. I died early on and got to see this marvellous spectacle.

The collapsing building killed the remains of Opfor so I claim victory!

Raid on Corazol - A2 FTL (Under the peer pressure of a certain A1 FTL...) with Ardyvee, Awaitz and MrKev

I've got a full video of this but I might just put up Homer's attempts to quell defeatism among the Party's recruits. Urban combat is confusing, so most of this consisted of A2 blundering trough Corazol shooting anything that looked nasty. We blew the hangars and didn't even loose anyone!

Infection - FAL dude

(Currently uploading)

I'm starting to think that battle rifles make things a little too easy, I've survived two games in a row with them. I found Ice wandering around reciting bible verses and decided to plae my faith in the lord and buddy up. After heading the the ATC my idea of Holy War for the tower was traded for Ice hiding inside while I ran in circles outside for a while intul they let me in. The last five or so minutes were spent watching for sneaky sneaky zombies. Just for the record Pr3sario, it wasn't full auto or even the burst mode when i shot you, just spam fire!

CHernOlo - Copfor Alpha Officer

Not much to say here really, I roof camped and took out three crooks before I was gunned down by some criminal scum with a stolen shotgun.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

lazerdx

Post by lazerdx »

Raid on Corazol was the highlight of the session for me, without a doubt. Hail A3! First time I've survived an open air sprint under enemy fire like that. I'll write up a proper AAR soon.

Alex

Post by Alex »

Oily Recommended, BLUFOR: Plagued by disconnect issues, I had my role as a pilot (gladly) relinquished to someone else. Reconnecting showed the majority of people walking on air. Mission called as the hostages were killed. Survived

Crash Site,OPFOR: Our Helo landed on the far side of the hill and we advanced into the town where I was shot in the head without warning, the first game casualty :(. Killed

Porto Clean Up, BLUEFOR: We made it to the beach without being shot to pieces. The first few minutes went smoothly as my fireteam mopped up the immediate area. FTL went down so I gave him a hand behind a burnt out car. We moved on to take cover behind a rock when he went down again and I was shot on my way to help. Killed

Random Engagements, OPFOR: Fireteam holed up in our assigned building, Draakan, the FTL, missed the first step in a most spectacular fashion and became a permanent part of the foundation. I took up a position on the top floor. After much waiting, I was the first casualty once again. Killed

Raid on Corazol, OPFOR: in Homercleese's fireteam, we hopped into our truck and rode most of the way to our first target, the barracks. Advancing across some astonishingly open terrain, I was shot in the legs and went down as I got to the fence (which I later found out was most likely friendly fire from the hilltop). The medic patched me up and I was on my way again. We rearmed at the ammo cache and marched down the road into the town.
Advancing through the town was an exercise in waiting for the civilians to pick up weapons so that we could then shoot them. In one case I had spotted an enemy and opened fire as Homercleese strolled in from of me and was shot in the back of the head. He was saved by my masterful knowledge of CPR and we advanced to the hangers without incident. I almost fired an rpg into the command element as they commandeered a boat and were slow in announcing the fact. We blew the hangars for a successful mission. Survived

After party
Infection: Buddied up with Lazer and his 'trusty' .45 inside of a small shed. My zombie fan club showed up and after some cheering of my name they entered and kill my friend and so I shot them both in the head. Another decided to pop in for a visit and so I shot him for fun. Deciding that I had lingered for too long, I relocated to a nearby warehouse where I sat in the corner and listened to the gunshots from the airfield. seconds before the match ended one of them scraped their way through the steel wall and into my back. Embraced by my greatest fan

CHernOlo: Hopped into a car and found my self with homercleese again. I was shot by a sniper on the police station roof and died. Executed without fair trial.
(fake)

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Oily Recommended
Reluctant Bravo extraction pilot
As I sat in my cockpit contemplating my future death I listened to the radio communications as Alpha and Bravo made their way into town. I looked down at the controls and to my horror discovered that someone had fiddled with my joystick :lol: and I was gonna have to do this one with the mouse and keyboard. "Bravo pilot cleared for extraction" came over the radio and so began the slowest insertion of all time. I made it on to the roof and dancemoox loaded a dead hostage onto the chopper - if we couldn't rescue him goddammit he would make an excellent play thing for IceRaiser when we got home. There was the curious case of a missing hostage who decided the grass was greener on the other side and barricaded himself in on of the rooms in the hotel.

Crash Site
We headed in on plane, by the time we got there only four of us remained as we lost someone to connection issues. The call came over the radio to bail and I immediately could tell I was going to land way off target. As it turns out I hit a barn wall on the way down and had to be rescued. I was later killed by Cam from the hill.

Porto Clean Up (Still too much AI)
ASL Medic
This was my first time as a medic believe it or not. I kinda sorta enjoyed it a little bit, but as injury was common on this one my medical supplies were a little overstretched. In the end I took a bullet to the head after proclaiming "I am fine, I am behind a rock". :siiigh:

Random Engagements (Celle 2 Edition)
Killed IceRaiser and Moon Moon - that's all there is to be said about this one :D :clint:

Raid on Corazol
I love this mission, really opens up the opportunities for using ACRE. Moon Moon and I were discussing running an ACRE Workshop for people as our numbers increase so keep an eye out for some information on that. I was A3 FTL and we did well - I was proud to watch my FT progress (maybe a little too well) once I was dead too!

Infection
Main Zombie - nowhere near as fun as being a survivor but good fun none the less.

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Oily Recommended - Bravo Squad Lead - IceRaiser B1 FTL

Nothing much to say about this one, I worked as a radio relay between Draakon and Ice, I also called in the slowest landing littlebird that has ever existed.. Once the hostage was located I removed him to the roof for extraction and then shot at a few technicals..

Crash Site - Bluefor Medic / AN2 Pilot

"Who can fly?" asked the CO, "I can sir" replied Draakon. "anyone else?" enquired the CO, "is landing a requirement" asked dancemoox "into the AN2 with you" gestured the CO..

So up went the para flight, I had real issues navigating with the fog and sudden hillsides but flew over the AO once and then hit the green light over the drop zone. With everyone out I put the AN2 into a dive and jumped myself, I landed alone at the petrol station and was soon killing local farmers. I'd managed to kill three before I was wounded, then I took out another two. The rest of the non roof bound airborne got to me and I was up and securing the C130 with Draakon. When fire started coming in from woods up slope from us I was ordered to pull back, passing a farmer I grabbed a CZ-550 and went to find a good view of the woods. As it turned out Opfor had troops flanking the petrol station, one of our guys was hit and I went to investigate, coming around the corner I saw Antler and fired a single shot into his guts. Before I could cock the rifle again he'd killed me.

Porto Clean Up (Still too much AI) - CO

So as CO I take my colour coding of markers seriously, splitting my forces into ASL A1 A2 (Team Pink) and CO A3 (Team Blue) I set beach landing zones for Team Pink and Team Blue heli insertion points nearby. The plan was to have Pink land and secure the beach, then push out to a building securing a bubble where Blue would then make a landing and become a base of fire for Pinks assault into Largo. The beach landings went well, ASL Homer getting his boats into position at the P FUP before hitting the beach, A3 landed way early and north of the LZ. From then on things started going badly wrong, everyone was wounded at some point. I even had to fire my command pistol to protect the life of my medic, who I then had to touch to save his life. Eventually myself, ASL Homer Pr3sario and Spitnam formed a wounded huddle around a rock and shrubbery. They all died one by one leaving me alone calling for the aid of A3. A3 FTL died returning from the town, Kale went down and only the AR made it to me, I was up and moving back to Kale with hopes of at least extracting off Porto with some men alive. Several woundings later I killed the enemy HVT but was eventually the last alive and wounded again, I called in the B2 bombers and Porto is now the worlds largest glass island.

Random Engagements (Celle 2 Edition) - Opfor Squad Lead

Not knowing that Pr3sario had done a deal with Stevie Wonder's Fog Emporium I selected the military base to defend, on teleporting in it became clear that holding the buildings was the only sound plan. From HQ building I could just see A1 building. Draakon could see other things from below the floor but that's another story. After six billion years and several generations of clones the enemy showed up. We could hear Homer and Kale near the A1 building. I moved to a window and fired a few GP, 'good hit' 'good hit' was the call from Draakon and Ice. I moved between my GP room and the stairwell window. I'd lingered too long at the window and Pr3sario shot me from the stairs.

Raid on Corazol - Alpha Squad Lead

The return of colour coded markers and with hillsides and distances the usage of FTL 148. I dispatched A1, 2 and 3 down into the woods near to the barracks and drove up with SSTF (Super Secret Task Force) to the BOF hillside where I watched my men assault the objective and then directed them towards the town. As we advanced from the A4 crossroads movement bogged down, my intention was for everyone to move at a slow but steady pace half way into town before sweeping north and attacking the dock. In the end we fell back to the bus stop and I formulated a new plan to bound fireteams past each other towards the lighthouse and then attack the dock. SSTF broke its wheels and was demoted to fetch and carry battalion, HQ element killed the M2 gunner of the boat but was forced to pull back into cover by the volume of fire from the dockside. I may have become very Scottish and very angry at this point and told FTLs to get moving as we were not about to die here, they could die attacking the dock but not hiding close to it. In the end HQ secured the boat charges were placed 40mm fired and we all almost lived to tell of our PTSD..

Infection - M9 sacrifice

Spawn in far from the town, made broken radio contact with Homer, hear the words Republic then get jumped by the zombie.. As it turns out the M9 doesn't kill zombies quite so well as I'd hoped. Once infected I attempted to trick the tasty meatbags into lower weapons, none of it worked but was amusing none the less..

CHernOlo - Copfor Sergeant

I hid inside the stock room of the supermarket until I heard voices, I then shot Homer, went down and slowly bled out with a screen the reddest red that's ever been red.
ramming speed!

Satire

Post by Satire »

Just a little extra video on quelling defeatism in the ranks.

Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Pr3sario

Re: [Fri] 08 November 2013 [V+] (Special Offer On Fog Machin

Post by Pr3sario »

Hey Satire, yeah I see that watching back footage. Sorry!!

Homercleese

Re: [Fri] 08 November 2013 [V+] (Special Offer On Fog Machin

Post by Homercleese »

Ok, a sufficient number of AARs have been posted such that I no longer need to rely on my feeble memory. Still haven't remembered to take screenshots though so I shall be sparse with populating my fireteams.

Oily Recommended
BluFor Alpha FTL

Helo insert, take the hotel, rescue the hostages and extract them. The hostages were disgustingly rich, corrupt, capitalist, Russian oil barons so I can only assume that we were rescuing them for later party-endorsed execution.
The insertions went swimmingly and we all took position west of Fallujah and the target, Alpha slightly north and Bravo to the south. Moved up and engaged enemies at a distance, cleared a path and then stormed the hotel. Unfortunately, this is where my FT coordination broke down a bit. But I blame the (in)consistencies of the English language. See, I look at a building and say, ground floor, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. In this paradigm the ground floor is actually, 0 floor. However, this is only after considerable effort in re-education on the part of society as originally, my free-minded, unsoiled younger self had engaged in deep existential disputes with my peers in which I argued for the illogical nature of the 'ground floor'. These innocent viewpoints we're beaten out of me however and I can only surmise that my FT was made of sterner stuff and had refused to abandon the obvious truth.
Hence, I only managed to collar Mrkev, my AR, and we covered north from the 2ST floor balcony. And didn't really see much. CO Draakon called for the hostages, we couldn't find the hostages, the building was searched really badly (for my part at least) and a technical was engaged out of my line of sight. Apparently a chopper landed on the roof and evac'd the sole remaining hostage.
No casualties!

It ended for me with the very poignant image of a sole BluFor trooper (AI) casually strolling east towards the very heart of Fallujah. His eyes fixed forward, his battles still ahead of him.

Crash Site
OpFor, Alpha 1 AR

Dancemoox piloted A2 on an obvious headliner mission while A1 was left with the real soldiering to do. Helied into the north-east of town we lost a bit of cohesion for a few minutes capering around laughing at Satire and Pr3sario but Draakon pulled us back together and we got eyes on from the petrol station. BluFor appeared on a crest to our west and started raining on the pain. Since all good cover had been taken I decided to move a little north into a light forest and started spitting bullets at anything and everything that could be EI, trees, mud, obviously dead bodies. Don't think I hit anything but maybe kept heads down. Then heard gunshots behind us, maybe a flank and decided sitting there would just get me sandwiched, moved a bit further north (the FT was effectively gone at this stage) but then finally got comms again, Draakon was pushing on the C130 so I moved to get eyes. Dunno what had happened with the firing behind me (Satire?) and Draakon had gone quiet again. Saw someone at the crash at range, called for an ID, no answer so I let my RPK ask which was apparently the right thing to do. The mission ended immediately with a win for OpFor. Nostrovia!

Porto Clean Up
Alpha ASL (Pr3sario - medic)

CO Dancemoox wanted a joint air/sea assault for this. I was leading A1 and A2 for the amphibious assault. It's very supportive of him to say that the landing went well, and maybe it wouldn't have made any difference but a coordinated, instantaneous assault it was not.
I made the stupid mistake of driving the boat instead of letting Pr3sario do this while I coordinated. Instead of giving a simple command to follow A1, all 3 boats pretty much went their own way. I stuck pretty close to A1 (I think) while A2 drifted away to the east despite my best efforts to raise them on (possibly the wrong) radio. So the boats either missed the FUP or had to skip it to try and catch up on the beach. Everyone landed safe but the casualties started stacking up fast and even with best efforts to move north up the coast to outpace AI reinforcements we didn't make it very far.
I stayed back with Dancemoox to give *some* cover to our exposed prostierior and ended up getting engaged by about an FT. Hid behind a car, took my first hit, Pr3sario got me back up, moved a bit north west to some rocks (one would eventually become my tombstone) and uselessly tried to urge Alpha to move north at best possible speed. It was completely futile, short of abandoning the injured I don't see how we could have moved effectively. We were cut down, myself and Dancemoox, huddled behind the rocks, bleeding out, inevitably loosing contact with the FTs. I died before A3 could even get back to us.

I think a diversionary attack somewhere on the south coast is a must for next time.

Random Engagements (Celle 2 Edition)
BluFor, AAR (I didn't deserve any responsibility after the Pink Beach Disaster) in Antlerowl's FT.

I brought the house down. Literally. This was after about 15 minutes of fog shrouded crawling so I felt something dramatic was needed to balance things. Antler went down either to grenades at the door or Draakon's ghostly protoplasm. I grabbed his M203 M4 and the rest is so much rubble in the fog.

Raid on Corazol
Alpha 1 FT (with Draakon - AR, Mrkev(?) - AAR, Alex Fake - AT)

This was good fun. Turned into a really vicious cock fight! We all needed to have our heads on a swivel. A1 and 2 were selected to charge across a very large section of open ground AND loop around the camp fence to the main entrance, while the rest of IndyFor covered us with a protective blanket of lovely bullets. Even with this the FT took a few hits getting there and because we'd been spotted on the hill and had to make the push a little early which is why I wasn't able to clear up the 'How do we get inside the Fence?!" question until we were in full majestic, gazelle-like stride. Amazingly no one was killed, we grabbed the explosives and headed for town.
And this is where it got a bit frenetic. Lots of advancing into potentially enemy strewn positions and once, with the entire FT moving together, all of us having to pile into a building screaming for the first person in to move further up the stairs.
There may also have been some discontent in the ranks with my earlier disciplinary measures as I suddenly found myself shot in the back. Possibly it was just friendly horseplay though as they healed me up and I'm told that I don't need to expect crippling back problem until much later in life.
We were hugely slowed by all this but never really got bogged down and maintained some momentum. But faced with a continued slog, Dance 'altered the deal' and we cut across to the docks, avoiding the city centre. The warehouse doors remained sealed tight, tighter than then parties finances. So we just exploded them to hell with absolutely no effect and claimed victory!

Infection

Stumbled around in the northern part of Krasnostav, hooked up with Croc and swanned around in it's northern hamlet before deciding that we didn't want to die so we headed north to the airfield, I mean, where else. Set up an exclusive society in Hangar-west and proceeded to govern during the time that would become known as a golden age for it's harmony and progressiveness. But a healthy vibrant society must always strive to advance and improve itself so two citizens were selected to expand. Myself and Croc were the honoured entrepreneurs and so we moved out onto the open plains of the runway where we marvelled at the swift beauty and effortless strength of the roaming Satire herds as they seemingly purposely crossed the plains.
Finally tiring of the wilderness we founded the first colony of HomerCroc in the faraway lands of, um, Hanger-east. The locals became restless and we began to hear them skirting our perimeter at night, calling for us to go native. They even learned our language and tried to seduce us to allow entry. We answered with the technological gifts from our homeland and survived.
Unfortunately the neighbours seemed to be really pushy religious types. Not looking forwards to the house calls.

CHernOlo
Freespirit freestyle freedance gang member.

Drove to the police station. Huddled up just across the road from the supermarket north-east of the station. Legged it across the road into the back yard of the shop. Legged it past Dancemoox who was sitting at the corner firing too slow to catch my fleet footed figure in his sights. But he had to learn that this flamingo could also... uh, what can flamingos do? Well this one had a makarov and pew pewed him. It was never going to be enough. As has been proven many times before, shotgun > makarov and I died.

He did bleed out though. Which is all I ever really wanted.