[Sun] 17 Nov 2013 (There are four lights)

How we died
dancemoox

[Sun] 17 Nov 2013 (There are four lights)

Post by dancemoox »

Comrade Tigershark is attending to other duties in his dungeon at the moment so I shall get the AAR going.

The session saw 37 in a welcome clothed extended A2 session with nude prisoner interrogation A3 Afterparty.

• A2 Missions run;
  • Internecine - Obama Edition
  • Breakthrough
  • Fulcrum
  • Holy Stones
  • Fox Hound
  • Cholo - Zargrabad Precinct

A3 Afterparty
  • Downed Bird

Internecine saw Comrade Fer issue orders, death warrants for his own men as it turned out.

Breakthrough continued the fine tradition of Ferrard missions in being very enjoyable and laced with PTSD tanks.

Fulcrum exhibited why good observation is key when calling in mortars.

Holy Stones was it's usual manic mission.

Fox Hound lead to the crushing defeat of the Takistani Freedom Super Party in its infancy.

The combined hoards of PCP gang members swamped the local Copfor in Cholo.

Finally over in A3 Downed Bird started out slow but in the end the naked forces of Mooxforce prevailed, even disabling the AAF extraction bird with a well placed GP.

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU's FA doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by Ferrard. Posts in the AAR threads really helps us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

I'd lastly like to thank both Tigershark and SuperÜ for hosting tonight's session.
ramming speed!

Ferrard Carson

Re: [Sun] 17 Nov 2013 (There are four lights)

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Internecine - Obama Edition
Deployed as DefendFor (IndFor) Commander
To arms, brothers! Our brothers of another mother (one who prefers grey camo to our fashionable green) want our oil derricks! They may not be Americanski scum, but we don't want to share our oil profits FREEDOM with them either!

Thankfully, we've got Obama on our side! Except he armed them too. And he only gave us ancient 20-round mags that still reek of the pot their original owners smoked in 'Nam. Thanks Obama.

They proved enough, though, enabling us to go on a mind-boggling 13-1 rampage through AttackFor's ranks. Sure, I ran through my entire supply of magazines and had 4 bullets left by the end, but we won in a crushing defeat, and that's what's important. Dogface died valiantly for our oil money I mean, FREEDOM!

More seriously: This is a stellar example of good, cooperative defenses. In the video below, I left some of the logistical chatter at the beginning so that it's clearly communicated that my awesome FTLs were proactive in securing good defensive positions and then talking with one another to make sure all the weaknesses of any one building were covered by the strengths of someone else's position. If you were an IndFor FTL that mission: Really Good Job!

Breakthrough
Deployed as Bravo 1 Autorifleman
It's time for another of my beautiful co-op missions involving attacks, resisting the counterattack, and dying horribly in a foreign land, unwashed, unwanted, and unloved. Who says un-modded ArmA isn't realistic? :dance:

The Russians have made a deep thrust into your mom Takistan, and it's up to us to... err... not stop them. That's the task of 1st Armored. Our job is to clog the barrels of the elite Russian tanks with our bodies until their weapons jam, enabling 1st Armored to waltz in without taking any fire. Gotta protect those paint-jobs, ya know?

Bravo's ride to the front was uneventful, as Rabbit and Hare tore through what paltry resistance was offered by a few checkpoints. We did hop out quickly at one intersection to go sightseeing and nab some souvenirs off of the guys Rabbit killed, but that was about it until an old, decrepit T-34 shoved a HEAT round through the radiator of B3's humvee, obliterating B3 FTL in the process.

Making our way up to the walls of Shahbaz in a grand display of organic bounding overwatch, B1 pressed our way in, with Alpha's progress to the south marked by the ever-increasing crescendo of gunfire.

And then they came.

Rabbit exploded as a trio of T-72s looked at it squinty-eyed. Like a steel-tentacled monster of horrible squid-like bullet-rape, the eight Russian tanks and well over a platoon of Russian regulars swarmed over Shahbaz, hunting us down like pheasants who were sorely lacking in AT assets, all while a terrifying bird-of-prey swooped overhead, ready to rain rockets down on our heads if the survivors somehow got uppity.

You know where these horrors of war weren't, however? They weren't around Yarum, fending off 1st Armored's counterattack.

Mission Accomplished! :psypop:

Fulcrum
Deployed as DefendFor (IndFor) Alpha 2 Rocket-dude (with an Enfield)
Going backwards in chronological order, we played the mission where repeated OpFor wins resulted in the Morning War storyline leading to Breakthrough. The rules of Fulcrum are quite simple:
  • The Russians have lots of firepower and vehicle-mounted weaponry with which to ruin the day of any IndFor element they can isolate, pin, and assault, but due to their low numbers are very vulnerable to attrition.
  • The Takistanis have shitty weaponry, but they also have the numbers advantage, the ability to skirmish at long-range or heckle and wound, and plenty of cover and fortifications to maneuver through.
If the Russians sit back and trade fire, the Takistani weight in numbers and long-ranged Lee-Enfields will win the day. If the Takistanis dilute themselves too much and get isolated, they'll be slowly cut to pieces as each extremely weak element is defeated in detail.

OpFor sat back and traded fire in a comms-induced paralysis. IndFor's largely independent fireteams maneuvered mutually supporting elements everywhere across Shapur, sniping from a distance. You guess who won :fry: A mis-marked fire-mission landing 4 own-goals for OpFor certainly didn't help, and neither did this:

Holy Stones
Deployed as OpFor Alpha 2 Rocket-dude (with an AK this time)
Waffly's IndFor rushed him to the shrine, and my mad-dash to try and unseat him was met with nothing but bullet-y pain and the sudden revelation that The Holy Stones had bestowed their divine favor (of leprosy) on Waffly!

Fox Hound
Deployed as AttackFor (OpFor) Commander
One ten-man element, augmented by yours truly and two stragglers from Charlie, took up some nice, commanding positions on a bunch of oil-derricks overlooking the AO. The other ten-man element wandered down into the valley, slowly flushing out the six insurgents and murderizing them for their lovely, lovely flesh... wait, what game am I playing here? 6 kills by OpFor, 2 losses. I'd call that a win.

Cholo - Zargrabad Precinct
Deployed as holy-fuckballs that was as fast as Daf in the local petting zoo.
I barely had a moment to settle into my clever, clever haunt when I was filled with lead by someone proving that ArmA's bullets have a built-in incubation period before they actually cause severe bodily harm. :owned:

Downed Bird
Deployed as Guy-Who-Can't-Read-Maps
Not my finest moment of command ever. Turns out, that sea-wall-like precipice off to the side of the airfield that would afford massive cover and concealment? Yeah, totally visible from the terminal and tower. I diluted IndFor and we got picked off one-by-one until only the hostages remained. To be executed. Damn. :owned:

Tune in next week, same time, same place, for a lovely tale of murder and woe!

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

zitron

Post by zitron »

Breakthrough
Rabbit driver

The usefulness of our fin stabilised depleted uranium rounds were severely limited by the poor visibility. In the second engagement our gun elevation was damaged by a lowly T-34. I took the matter into my own hands and decided to ram it instead, despite the protest from the commander Ebass. Stff the gunner was able to fire at the T-34 while we were in point blank range after the ramming. I repaired the tank and everything seem to go pretty smoothly for a while.

And then suddenly T-72s! I reversed behind a small hill as shells hit the other side, for a couple of seconds it seemed like we were safe, then the radar starts flashing and I shouted "Missile Launch!!" and we were hit and disabled by a ATGM "Missile Launch!! G..." the second missile hit and everything is red as the Su-25 flies over us, invisible through the fog.

Downed Bird
IND TH3 Pilot
This mission was slotted unfairly. The attacking force had short range weapons, 2 ppl less + one pilot and also had to rescue the hostages and blow up the helo.

When the attack started I decided to land on the roof to create some distraction and some asshole thought it would be fun to shoot GPs at me and took out the tail rotor. So I gave up on that and landed in the parking lot while spinning like a top. As soon as I landed, I was met with a hail of bullets so I had to take off again, still spinning. After recovering I looked at my options and decide to attempt landing next to TH1 and try to blow it up. Unfortunately while the landing went fine as soon as I got out I was pinned behind my helo and shot while trading fire.

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

Internecine - Obama Edition
Alpha FTL in Ferrard's video
We sat and watched and listened for the majority of the game. Then we all simultaneously decided to flank north and east around the enemy. Mamba called out contacts close and I shot Michael in the side for the game ending kill. 13 - 1, wow I've never seen such an utter and crushing glorious win.

Breakthrough
Tigershark: Hey, Mamuto, is that a tank over there, bout 75 m East?
Me: What? Nahh I don't see anything.. Let me check my binocs.
Me: Oh, hey, maybe... is that a turret turning towards us? OH FUCK GET DOWN TANK TANK TANK *BOOM*
Alpha got unbelievably lucky, we were all clustered and that tank shell only killed one guy (happened to be stoner, the only guy not clustered with us... talk about bad luck)
So I took his rocket launcher and we proceeded onwards to Shahbaz. Oh god, Shahbaz. As soon as we entered the perimeter, the music started playing and shit hit the fan. Squad lead went down almost immediately putting me effectively in charge. My only order was to dig in and pray to anything that would listen. I poked out the building I was in, took down a dozen soldiers, ducked back in, fired two rockets at tanks, decrewing one. At this point Alpha was down to just my fireteam and the medic. As Tigershark and I tried to figure out how to get to an RPG laying just outside the building, I took a .50 cal to the dome piece and that was that. Good job A1, we showed them what's up.

Fulcrum
Mortars were dropped, we were told to charge, and I would have if not for being pinned down by almost effective lee enfield fire. I saw a few enemies flanking to our east, so I decided to stay back and take care of them. And take care of them I did: the RPK made short work of a guy trying to crawl under a wall. Another guy tried to make a run for it and went down. I then proceeded straight to where I killed them and ended up flanking the entire main town to its East. At this point, there were just 3-4 of us left because of a friendly fire mortar incident on our fireteam :argh: . I saw Mamba rushing by in a stolen armored vehicle so with one long burst I put him down, with the driver fleeing in terror. As I started reloading and ran around a corner, a guy I had not previously seen put me down. Shoulda checked my sectors better! Argh.

Holy Stones
Zerg! Rush! Run! we got to our building but then everything started exploding around us and my fireteam got wiped out. Super quick adversarial.

Fox Hound
Some glorious Fireteam buddy team bounding later, Alpha 1 walked away with at least 4 of the 6 kills. This was not balanced in the least bit, but certainly an interesting idea. Question, would we have lost if we took 20% casualties?

Cholo - Zargrabad Precinct
Decided to go to the construction site but didnt realize how quickly the PCPers can get there. Got one before being taken down myself. Shotguns suck.

A3 Afterparty
Downed Bird[/list]
As defense, we waited in our underwear for so long on the cold starry night that my private's privates were solidly frozen before the first CONTACT! was called out, even with cuddling SethroTull in the darkness of an abandoned shack. Watching Zitron's recovery was really sweet, good flying, mate! Seth and I flanked north, then west, then south, and to my dismay saw enemies where we were just minutes ago, waiting to ambush them. Regardless, we opened fire and took them down.

Capital Punishment
We shall not speak of the horrors endured during this run.

In other related news, I'm quite sad that A3 is relegated to just afterparty activities. I understand the reasoning, and I agree, but I am deeply saddened nonetheless. Guess it's time to start developing missions for A2 haha!

see y'all next week

Satire

Post by Satire »

Internecine - Obama Edition - Indfor Bravo Rifleman

A pretty quiet run for Bravo, we just sat in our compound trading shots with anyone who poked their head up. I nearly shot Alpha as they flanked but managed to miss with every shot!

Breakthrough - Weapons 1 MAAWS Gunner

The first half of the mission was pretty serene, we just followed up behind Bravo as they mopped up, watching armours sweep across the meadows and fire teams advance towards unseen threats. In the downtime we enjoyed the morning mist and discovered a dead Takistani gentleman with a tree sprouting through his crotch, much to everyones bemusement.

Then we got to the village and this happened.

In the end I followed my late FTL's orders that we were too beautiful to die and made it out alive, hitting three tanks to put them out of action and claiming a few crewmen.

Fulcrum - Opfor A2 FTL

This went pretty badly. We were blinded by searchlights, then when we advanced I got hit by friendly mortars, wounded and killed by an unseen attacker.

Holy Stones - Indfor A2 AR

We held down a building south-west of the shrine. I managed to rack up two kills from curious head peeked around corners before a grenade got me.

Fox Hound - Opfor B1 FTL

Another relatively quiet one, bravo's job was to hold the high ground and spot for Alpha as they swept. We saw a few guys, I struggled with the map, directed my AR to fire on them and that was about it really.

Cholo - Zargrabad Precinct - Copfor Commander

Climb roof stairs. Die.

Downed Bird - Crawlfor A1 SMG man

Our stealthy approach failed to lull the enemy off to sleep, so we were re-tasked as the 'loud' team and tried to assault the control tower. While there is a decent amount of ground clutter to word with, 300m of open ground with an SMG tends to end badly and we got killed in the junk piles near the tower. I do think this could use some tweaks for the attackers, at least a bit of fog or decent weapons to help with the open approaches.

Capital Punishment - A1 AT

Glory to the first man to die!
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Alex

Post by Alex »

Internecine - Obama Edition: I appear to not recall any of this mission along with a lot of the missions on sunday, sorry.
Breakthrough - I do recall this one, though not fondly. Was an autorifleman and had a good time waltzing through the fields and laying down lead. We made it into the town where another squad shot me and killed my AAR as we cleared a building. I was patched up to be run over shortly after by a tank.

Fulcrum - Shot by an unseen attacker.
Holy Stones - As above
Fox Hound - Shot at elusive contacts but was not shot at. A good day.
Cholo - Zargrabad Precinct - Wounded promptly but fought off attackers before bleeding out.

Downed Bird - Executed for the heresy of wearing pants.
(fake)

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

2nd ANCIENT THREAD, I ALSO RESURRECT THEE IN ADDITION TO THE PREVIOUS THREAD THAT I JUST NOW RESURRECTED.

Internicene saw a fairly standard gambit from the attacking force as they took to the wooded hills to the northeast of the village, while sending a flanking force further west. However, with my MMG placed in a commanding position by Ferrard, I was able to unleash much rattly high-caliber death upon them as they passed through the grove where once the children of our villages used to play peacefully together. *sniff*

In Breakthrough I took command of Alpha as we steadily fought our way across some dangerous mostly-open ground towards the town of Shahbaz. This one was very satisfying as my squad bounded with excellent discipline, covering and moving with clockwork precision like they were at an exhibition parade. Despite being sent directly towards an enemy T-55 we managed to make it there mostly unscathed thanks to being saved by Ebass's glorious ramming attack, and we were even able to pull him and his crew from the damaged vehicle, ensuring we could use their support as we took the village. That last assault did me in but that just meant I got a gods-eye view of the carnage that followed. And oh, did carnage follow.

Great stuff!