[Fri] 06 Dec 2013 [V+] (Move Through Runni Jumpi to Dingo)

How we died
Pr3sario

[Fri] 06 Dec 2013 [V+] (Move Through Runni Jumpi to Dingo)

Post by Pr3sario »

And so another chapter ends. We peaked at 17 comrades tonight, was great to see some new faces to V+ and some old ones too. Was nice to get a few longer COOP's in, although I can appreciate the wait for dead players can be difficult.

Missions tonight were:
  • The Colonels - Ended unfortunately...
  • Amphibious Attack - Drugged up Moon Moon can't remember his previous orders
  • Random Engagements - Celle 2 - BluFor MassACREd
  • Utes Clearance - Croc had to let his cat out...
Afterparty
  • Infection
  • ChernOLO
As usual please share your thoughts on tonight's session and share your stories for others to muse over. Screenshots and videos are also appreciated - I'm looking at you Satire.

I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

dancemoox

Re: [Fri] 06 Dec 2013 [V+] (Move Through Runni Jumpi to Ding

Post by dancemoox »

More words shall be said later, for now;

The Colonels

I was sent on a scouting mission, found the enemy fired at them and alarmed Homer, made contact with the enemy Homer on the 148 and then got shot by him as I tried yet more sneaky attacks..

Amphibious Attack

Squad leading and opioid based painkillers are an interesting mix, for those that died I'm truly sorry but you should have stepped up before Pr3sario 'selected' me. As it is most people lived and extracted, my corpse is still sitting dramatically by the ATC. I'd used up the last of my luck leading the RPG rush on the Shilka so my peaking around the corner killed me..

Random Engagements

"may I fire my boomstick?" So Bluefor tried to match me boomstick for boomstick, they didn't win. Also last guy you so very almost made it into cover safely but I was watching you!

Utes Clearance

A Corpsman has been dispatched and will be with you shortly, also he'll blow one of the objectives for fun. Satire I wish I'd recorded your death, the HMG fire tore right between us and the second round hit you..

Infection

IceRaiser must live! Right up until it's just me and him left, then I must kill him! Only one may live!

ChernOLO

So reports of a noise complaint were called into the station, I went to investigate, got shot by one of the desk jockeys and crawling back killed two gang freaks..

And now, sleep as my back isn't attempting to murder me 8-)
ramming speed!

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

A short AAR today, with a quick video. I was talking about 80's music and movies yesterday - I was inspired by that in the production of the video below.

The Colonels
As Alpha 1, plus a few others (I think), we made it to the bus depot and took up positions inside the house. I was shot on the balcony and was in the process of being saved when our sleeper agent Mamba received the code word and killed Draakon. Despite my confusion, we won!

Amphibious Attack
Under Satire I had a lot of fun in this mission being shot at while on long runs and engaging in a bit of a three way friendly fire incident. I eventually met my maker while bleeding out in Fluffeh's arms. In spec script I decided to follow the glorious FTL leader on his own where he single handedly arranged the extraction of the entire team.

Random Engagements
Confusion, rockets and pot shots. That's all I have to say as a BluFor member on this mission. :cry:

Utes Clearance
A nice long mission this one. Under Lazer we provided BOF as other FT's approached the caches, until there was so few of use we essentially became one large FT. Lazer called a final assault on the last cache and we threw everything we had at it before moving in in typical FA bounding style to clear the last remaining AI.

Satire

Post by Satire »

Pr3sario wrote: Screenshots and videos are also appreciated - I'm looking at you Satire.
Oh, go on then!

Amphibious Attack - A3 FTL

Speshul Forces!

Well, it turns out that no matter how deadly the enemy, we're far more deadly to each other! A3's chain Friendly Fire accident was followed later by our SL giving a practical demonstration of the dangers of mixing up your smoke rounds with your boom rounds.

Our good run of luck ran out in the woods shortly after where Pr3sario bled out in Fluffehs's arms, who would die shortly after without me noticing until the call went out for Brave men to charge at a Shilka with RPG's at the ready.

Now, I should be honest, I have a pathological fear of Shilkas since the days of Operation Flashpoint, where these AAA platforms seemed to be the elite shock-troop death-machines of the cold war Russian army. The traumatic memories of being stuck on a treeless hillside while 23mm shells rain down with nothing more than an M16 to fire back with are still vivid and clear. But we had a job to do, so I liberated the RPG from my fallen comrade, along with his makarov (it what he would have wanted) and volunteered for Bravery duty to face my old nemesis. But on the way over someone shot it with a rocket from a captured BRDM.

Whilst we were all huddled around the remains of the ATC, Dancemoox took a final fatal bullet, and somehow I was left in command. Now I know that we of ten have a problem when command passes over where we get bogged down and rendered ineffective, so I knew I couldn't let that happen. The solution?

1) Headcount
2) Organise cover fire
3) Charge! :hist101:

And somehow it worked! I nabbed the plane and after scaring my passengers with my... limited knowledge of piloting, we took off into the sunset.

Random Engagements - Celle 2 - Opfor ASL

I barely know my way around Celle, but I've been toying with making a mission around Lachendorf and I knew there was an enterable two story building there so that's where I picked. To be honest, the plan was similarly lazy/simple. I knew that the enemy would come from either the forest to the West or the East, so A1 looked east while myself, medic awaitz and spare man Ardyvee looked east. The flanking push was pretty much due to boredom, I reckoned that we could get into the trees before the ei we spotted could reach the treeline to see us so I ordered the charge.

We did get spotted but we must have taken the guy down fairly fast. The rest of them decided to get into a firefirght against A1. With no way to flank and only open ground to go off it didn't go well for them. The rest of us skulked around in the forest and I shot their Medic in the back. It's worth watching the video until the end for the reaction from Blufor :laugh:

Utes Clearance - A3 AR

Our briefings are very professional

One we got into things for real, A3 went through the village, shot at a few technical, then a few bad dudes before heading over to the first Cache. There we got wounded, healed, wounded and healed again before being sent back into the fray. Somewhere on a hill AntlerOwl go shot so I ended up in charge of the team. Our first assignment? "Advance through point Runni Jumpi to Point Dingo". Nice knowing you all!

Somehow we survived the run, but me habit of getting in the way of fixed emplacements finally got the better of me when a HMG took my head off, mere inches away from our Corpsman.

Infection - ASKU-SD man

Got jumped early on and become one of them. Highlights included scaring the crap out of former survival buddy Draakon and watching Spitnam accidientally gun down Fluffeh, giving me the opening to chew him apart.

ChernOLO - Copfor Alpha Corporal

I did my usual get on the roof plan, took pot shots at some holligan in a UAZ blaring his horn, accidentally shot another officer, put down one drugged up miscreant and got killed by another.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Satire wrote: Oh, go on then!
You always come through lol.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

I was experimenting with reversing video and did my perspective of Satire's The Professionals clip. Backwards laughter is disturbing.

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

Haha that hilarious!

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

I sound freaky -- I LOVE the sound of the bullets in reverse at the beginning :jihad: