[Tue] 17 Dec 2013 (Potato Waffles)

How we died
Bodge

[Tue] 17 Dec 2013 (Potato Waffles)

Post by Bodge »

Cheers to waffles for helping out with the hosting.

Tonight we played:
  • Rumble for Sahke
  • Kettles
  • Clear Skies
  • Finale
  • Dogs of war
  • Czech Mate
Thoughts and reports.

tired hippo

Re: [Tue] 17 Dec 2013 (Potato Waffles)

Post by tired hippo »

He's waffly versatile!

Satire

Post by Satire »

What's this? No hosts?

GLORIOUS REVOLUTION!

Ahem....

Kettles - Indfor Tank Gunner

Our headlong lunge into the enemy got us disabled in short order, so with the gun out of commission I bailed and charged the nearest enemy to fill him with bullets. Sadly he had a mate with him who got me in return and that was the end of that.

Clear Skies - A1 FTL

It lives! and doesn't crash everyone's game!

Aaaand we ended up playing it at noon. I'm sure this won't be a massacre AT ALL... :laugh:

Anyway, the plan was pretty solid, with alpha and Bravo taking a separate route into the AO each to maximise chances of spotting the target. Bravo spotted the Tunguska, which was luckily on the edge We had some contacts along the way which were taken care of, but on the edge of the AO Alpha started taking heavy contact from... well everywhere frankly. Thus began A1's farcical routine of taking a hit, patching up one guy and having another shot before we could make good our getaway.

We eventually made it into the woods north of the Old Fields, where our routine could continue. It go so bad that Spitnam, Alpha Medic extraordinare, joined us permanently since we needed him every ten seconds. Our fate was sealed when he was finally hit by a lucky enemy bullet, and our healing hands failed him (read: our heal actions bugged out). Crawling around in a pool of blood and guts, Alpha slowly bled out into nothingness.

As an aside, it's probably just as well we didn't get a chance to shoot at the Tunguska. As I found out recently, they're a bit more resistant to PRG-18 rounds than I remembered. As in 3 rounds to the side resistant. As such, they have been traded in with the local arms dealer for RPG-7's in v3. Of course we got bad rate on account of them being pretty blood stained so you've only got a rocket each... :D

Finale - MAT Gunner

After being in charge of this last time round, I wanted to shoot things instead, and MAT seemed like the perfect tool for the job.

For the most part I kept my head low with Echo and Bravo, waiting for a tank to turn around and then hitting it in the rear. Of the six rockets, I think they all found a mark, but still the tanks got through.

In a desperate attempt to knock out one of the last T-55's I ran for the SPG, but to my dismay it wouldn't turn to face it. Trying to disassemble and rebuild it was a hope to far and it gunned me down in revenge.

Dogs of war - CO

After a shaky start with helicopter arrangements, we all made it to our LZ's. My plan was to have the scout/sniper elements give us recon and kill stuff from a long way away while Alpha, Bravo and Charlie would act as an assault element an destroy the target derricks. The two KA-60's would be on station for rocket strikes and target recon.

It all started out OK, with Sniper force killing a UAZ sent to root them out and added a HMG to their arsenal, and Charlie blew the first target. Problems came with the derricks themselves and their tendency to shelter unkillable AI inside, which accounted for Bravo and Charlie. Somewhere along the line Kale got shot down over the oilfield as well, and Sniper team seemed to go dark.

I decided that the best plan of action would be to blow the third objective and reinsert to the south to take the covered approach to 4 and 5. But, the AI had other ideas and our push met with bullets, as well as a Huey and BRDM-2. to finish things off.

Czech Mate - Charlie AR

Charlie got scattered to the East of the LZ so we had a long walk to the fight. When we made it our tasking was to cover the eastern flank, which saw us engaging enemies as they attacked from the South. As we bounded up towards the target complex I copped and inexplicable accurate single bullet to the head, and that was the end of me.

Cheers again to Waffly for hosting, the uprising may not have lasted, but it will be remembered!
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

fer

Post by fer »

Satire wrote:Cheers again to Waffly for hosting, the uprising may not have lasted, but it will be remembered!
The Party thanks comrade Wafflyček for his outstanding contribution, and is pleased to announce his new role in the FA Forestry Service. Comrades on the street after curfew will be beaten helped home by our brave soldiers.