[Fri] 20 Dec 2013 [V+ i44] (Tally Ho and Chocks Away)

How we died
Pr3sario

[Fri] 20 Dec 2013 [V+ i44] (Tally Ho and Chocks Away)

Post by Pr3sario »

The time traveling tractor worked! It bloody worked! 21 comrades joined us for this one off special event.

We played:

• Bastogne Attack - In which the tank broke the bridge (yes I know it wasn't a tank!)
  • Ballybrian - We should have went to the pub
  • Crossing The Line - Robo EI killed most of Bravo
  • Ace Combat x 2 - Is that an enemy?
  • Highland Line - "Do you expect me to die?", well yeah we did!
  • Road Ambush - Chase those damn tanks!
  • Infection - i44 Edition
  • The Escape - In which a flock of owls tried to save some POW's

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU's FA doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really helps us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

Happy Christmas to one and all!

:clint:
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

dancemoox

Re: [Fri] 20 Dec 2013 [V+ i44] (Tally Ho and Chocks Away)

Post by dancemoox »

Firstly I'd like to thank Comrade Pr3sario for hosting tonights time travel session, I'd also like to thank those skilled members of the Party that provided missions for tonights event, I know I'll be adding more murderous Germans to mine for next time.

On that note I'll say V+ will be doing another I44 night in 2014. But details are secret for the time being, we've got a lot more toil in the fields to do before we can take the time traveling tractor for another spin :science101:

Lastly don't forget to ignore loved ones in favour of the Party next week for the last V+ of 2013. Usual time, usual modset, I hope to see you all there!
ramming speed!

Satire

Post by Satire »

dancemoox wrote: On that note I'll say V+ will be doing another I44 night in 2014. But details are secret for the time being, we've got a lot more toil in the fields to do before we can take the time traveling tractor for another spin :science101:
Excellent! My planned assault on the Chernograd Tractor Factory may see the light of day at last!

Ace Combat - Spitfire Edition - A2 Lead

Badger Squadron, take to the air!

Just to add, normally VON sounds terrible, but this time it worked wonderfully, making everything sound like WW2 radio!

Ace Combat - Bf.109 Edition - A2 Lead

So it turns out the Bf.109 is pretty terrible compare to the Spitfire. The pilot visibilty is poor too, which helps explain the mid air collisions...

I got shot out of my cockpit just as I managed to get one of them in my sights, and spectator script failed for me, so I got to watch Draakon's corpse for the rest of the match. Balance alterations will need to be made for a v2!

Highland Line Argyl Rifles (A.K.A. A2) FTL

Somehow we seemed to luck out and grab a quiet sector for this one, with only a few Germans and wandering AFV's driving onto our sector and into the sights of AT and the Tank. Our only casualty was Spitnam who died accompanying me on a mad dash to steal a Panzerschreck from a dead German soldier.

Road Ambush - Alpha lead/Acting CO

This was a bit of a fiasco on my part. At some point my CC turned itself off as well, which hardly helps. But somehow we ended up winning!

I had no idea the convoy was making a mad rush through the map so I took things slower than we needed to, meaning that by the time we reached the cache it was nearly at the planned ambush point. In a rush I took off after it in the stolen armoured car and it appears we did indeed miss it. Luckily it was discovered languishing at the end of the road so we all went there in dribs and drabs and somehow knocked out the tanks and trucks one by one.

Infection - M1 Garand

*Video to come!*

The Escape - Alpha MG

Well, I lost my Bren on the way down, but found a silenced Sten lying around to steal instead. We managed to sneak up to the perimeter, under cover of owl noises and commenced our assault, which saw Bravo charge headlong into an MG42 nobody had seen and Alpha go round the flank. I tried to blow a hole in the fence with a bangalore, but was shot before I had the chance.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Alex

Post by Alex »

Bastogne Attack - MIA

Ballybrian - MIA

Crossing The Line - Alpha 1, SMG. Advancing as the spearhead, We were the first to clear the crossroads, sprinted across the field and helped to secure the first pier area. We attacked and captured the next pier area without any casualties by that point. After that, things went to hell as every other element was wiped out save for us(still intact) and a single soldier from Bravo. Our FTL was soon gunned down as we took cover behind some shipping containers leaving me in command of the three survivors. Our third fireteam member was wounded. On my way to rescue him, I was wounded as well. With my last round I granted him death and waited to bleed out into the grass as the last survivor made a mad dash to the airfield.

Ace Combat - Opfor: the FW is an ungainly bird and flies about as well as a brick. After an accidental attack run on an ally, i was shot down in flames. Bluefor: The spitfire is a majestic piece of machinery and I claimed a kill after a very long chase.

Highland Line - CO Medic. After being missing while eating my lunch, I came back to find the CO dead(we wasn't in my Fireteam any more). I shouldered my rifle and joined in with the sport of shooting the attacking germans.

Road Ambush - Alpha 1 FTL. Trusty revolver in hand, we lead the way towards the weapons cache. By the time we'd captured it, the convoy was long gone. I hopped into an armoured car with our CO to give chase. We stopped by the road and as I tried to hop a fence I was most ungracefully killed by Arma for beingfar too awesome.

Infection - Thompson SMG. I buddied up with Satire and Draakon for the first few minutes, we repelled the carolling presario zombie and another. Our feet grew itchy and I moved on, holing up in another building before deciding to drift alone. I was killed and came back with a thirst for blood but was shot in the legs and had to crawl for the remainder of the mission. My crippling did not impede my efforts and i claimed a victim who I caught in the open.

The Escape - POW. Sat and chatted with Head, laughing at some of the NPC names. Soon (not really, was quite a wait) the guards spotted our rescuers. They turned their guns inwards rather than at the attackers and killed Head instantly along with the rest of the prisoners. I made in into a bunk house but was wounded by a 'friendly' grenade. I was patched up and we rode off into the snow in a stolen car before running out of gas in the middle of nowhere.
(fake)

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Satire, love the accent in the Spitfire video :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Stupidly fun session, dragging long into the night. Eagerly awaiting the next one.

Bastogne Attack
HEER B2(?) Rifleman
Folk and woods are a bad mix, whatever the decade...

Ballybrian
PARA CO
Since we dropped on opposite sides, I figured we might as well strike from two angles. Able squad manouvered for an eastern approach, fearing the wide, open field towards the south. This turned out to be a less than optimal choice, as we were under MG fire from the get-go. Our misfortune, however, seemed to fully occupy the 'jaegers, setting up Baker squad for a strike to their flank.

Crossing The Line
US A2 FTL
Designated as the long range component of a short range squad, we dealt with out identitty crisis the best way we could: gloriously! Two men short after an ill-fated attempt at sneaking through some woods (again us and the woods) the team (that is, the two of us) moved towards the beach, then along the beach, and then up towards the town. Before we reached the town, however, we were mowed down by close range fire, and got to see the entirety of bravo be taken out one by one by a singe guy, sitting in the bushes some 30m from them. Good times :lol:

Ace Combat
Luftwaffe/RAF, in turn.
Having for the first time succesfulyl taken off in an arma fixed-wing, I spent the first third of the first mission desperately trying to keep my nose and speed up. The second third was spent trying to find the AO, as I shook off the habit of using the mouse for turning. When I finally did find the enemy, I immediately got them on my tail, and the muscle memory of the IL2 days started kicking in. And there I was, hauling ass over Ballybrian, with two flights of Spitfires behind me, about to find out the 109 in I44 has quite a bit less agility than my old Lavochkin.
The second time around was a turkeyshoot, though most of it I spent trying to figure out friend from foe. Ridiculously fun, though.

Highland Line
UK Tank driver
As soon as the tracks were fixed, we rolled up to the line to watch and make some fireworks. The Jerries weren't on their top form, I must say, as despite showing up with one of their Tiger tanks, the line held with no major hickups.

Road Ambush
Resistance B2 SL
We gathered up our meager armament, as the commander shared his plan. We listened very carefully, for he said it only once :v: . Despite our best efforts, the assault on the weapons cache was a mixed bag, and quite literally swept me off my feet. In adittion, the convoy, no doubt eager to reach their base before the Soldatensender Belgrad sign off, blew past our supposed ambush point prompting a mad dash in any and all available transport.

The Escape
PARA A1 Rifleman
Dashing through the snow, chirping all the way, we stormed the camp with great success, and rescued almost most of the prisoners. Tally Ho!
[/allegedly]

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

Bastogne Attack - Tank (that's not really a tank) driver
Roll out, explode our way through a bridge and come to the realisation that WW2 era armour is a lot slower than their modern counterparts with even more limited visibility. We do our best to support, and take out a few enemies at close range, then we start taking hits from an unknown direction. Tried to evade our way out of it but it made us even more vulnerable and we pretty quickly blew up. Sorry guys. :siiigh:

Ballybrian - Alpha grenadier
After some inch-perfect formation running our fireteam found a nice spot of bocage to set up and observe the German paras setting up. They quickly spotted us, however, and we engaged as Bravo approached from the other side of town. My grenade launcher was hugely ineffective and I found our fireteam cut down to just me an Presario pretty quickly. We inched our way into the town, only to find everyone dead and Bravo hanging around.

Crossing The Line - A1 SMG
As a 3 man assault team we were tasked generally with pushing in first and getting into SMG range whilst the larger A2 covered. Bravo seemed to be engaging with much more regularity than we did, and we didn't see consistent action until we reached the pier. The pier. Oh good god, the pier. Where a lone MG42 gunner took out almost the entirety of our force, not being encumbered by a static gun meaning he shifted around and made fools of us. Down to me, Alex Fake, and Kale, I got tired of hiding and ran out to hunt him down. Made the kill but not before he wounded me, and I had Alex finish the job off rather than try and crawl at the enemy.

Ace Combat
I don't have words to describe how much fun this was. All I will say is we have to do this again, and soon.

Highland Line - AT Gunner
I AM THE GUNNER, HEAR ME ROAR. YOU WONDER WHY THERE WERE SO FEW ENEMIES TO DEFEAT, IT IS BECAUSE GUNNER KEV DEFEATED THEM . YOU MAY FEAR THE TIGER, BUT THE TIGER FEARED GUNNER KEV AS HE BROUGHT THE FIST OF GOD DOWN UPON IT. MY MIGHT DESTROYS ALL.
(Getting more than 2 kills in a mission is a big deal for me, if you couldn't tell already.)

Road Ambush - Resistance rifleman
Waffly urged our fireteam on with his *ahem* flawless French accent, and we dealt with the ammo cache in quick order. Then he ran me over.
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

Satire

Post by Satire »

Infection '44 is up!

Also, if anyone fancies an impromptu run of Ace Combat I'd be up for that. If anyone wants the mission file just send me a message. I'm going to try and do a Red Vs Blue Spitfires variant for balance/spotting too.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Inspired by Comrade Strang and our dogfight mission.

I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Satire wrote:Also, if anyone fancies an impromptu run of Ace Combat I'd be up for that. If anyone wants the mission file just send me a message. I'm going to try and do a Red Vs Blue Spitfires variant for balance/spotting too.
What's the balance of power in Spitfire vs P-51? They're nice and sparkly.

Funny thing: Cousin came to visit today, we went for a walk. Ended up passing by the museum. Fun stuff.
http://s23.postimg.org/q8voav0d7/20131222_124231.jpg
[/allegedly]