[Fri] 27 Dec 2013 [V+] (Great British Road Trip)

How we died
dancemoox

[Fri] 27 Dec 2013 [V+] (Great British Road Trip)

Post by dancemoox »

Stuffed full of turkey and turkey accompaniments 13 comrades embarked on quite a BAF adventure.

Missions played tonight were:
  • Porto Cleanup
  • Jackal Jaunt
  • Takistan MSR
  • Random Engagements - Celle Edition

Afterparty Territory
  • CHazarLo
  • Infection
  • Outpost Beaaanz
I shall see you all in the scary future time of 2014 where we'll be facing more murderous missions 8-)
ramming speed!

Pr3sario

Re: [Fri] 27 Dec 2013 [V+] (Great British Road Trip)

Post by Pr3sario »

I leave this here because... Just because...

I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Well done lazer for getting us through Porto Cleanup mostly unscathed. :hist101: Some fun maneuvering was accomplished. Might upload clips soon.

As for infection: Dancemoox, I saw that red house, thought "yeah, give it a minute and someone will pick that spot", heard the gas station explode followed by your cackling. Great timing (for me.)

lazerdx

Post by lazerdx »

:science101: Porto cleanup is one I spent time thinking about.

I more than made up for it with my antics as the gunner for Arclight! Someone should have told me it was beret day. :psyduck:

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Porto Cleanup
First off - apologies for the lack of helicopter to blow up - just one of those ArmA things I guess... I ran the mission 10 times this morning and it spawned everytime... :commissar:

First of all let me applaud the approach to this mission. Using the available toys as best we could. A1 landed just east of Largo and were able to clear the town and grab the explosives. We had to hold of intermittant contacts from the woods to the south of the town but dancemoox came along and healed us all up. We retreated back to the boat and moved down to the south of the island. We landed between two nice rocks and came under fire from the town to the west and trees to the east - back to the boat! We made landfall a few hundred metres to the west of town and we worked our way through clearing enemies as we went. Eventually deciding to "make sure" the destroyed chopper was indeed dead before withdrawing to the chopper.

Other than the helicopter issue would people agree the balance is about right now?

Jackal Jaunt
Too much; AI and objectives. That's all I have to say. Promising concept though - love BAF.

Takistan MSR
Much fun, quite probably my favorite mission of the night as the gunner. How was it for the infantry?

Note for mission maker: Remove thermals please!

Random Engagements - Celle Edition
Good attack plan well executed. Heavy MG going overhead as we moved to the factory was pretty awesome.
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Satire

Post by Satire »

Jackal Jaunt - Medic

What looked to be a quiet start turned sour after Pr3sario was shot in the gunners seat, leading to us speeding off into the distance. He'd bled out by the time we stopped and I think everyone in the lead vehicle had been hit.

After patching up the wounded, we set off for the dismount marker, we I got to stay as driver with Dancemoox in the Jackal. We inched forwards shooting as we went, with me hopping into the front gunner seat when we were static to help out. So much for a Hippocratic Oath...

We moved towards the gas station, but got lit up from the East. Fluffeh came to pull me out of the wreckage, but he was hit too and we bled out surrounded by angry men in black turbans. At least we got to see the hilarious friendly fire incident!

Takistan MSR - IFV Commander/Ad Hoc CO

My plan was to drive between compounds and villages, with the infantry dismounting to clear with the Warrior in close support. Given that we lost about one man, I'd say it went pretty well!

I may have forgotten a bit about A3, but you guys seemed seemed to work on your own initiative, plus it's hard to estimate good vantage points for a sniper while commanding a tank and infantry! I would recommend removing thermals for the IFV though, it made our job far too easy.

I've got a bit of footage of this, which sadly is a bit bit chopped up due to me accidentally stopping and starting the recording/censoring the damning evidence of blatant war crimes. I'll see about putting it up if it still makes sense.

Random Engagements - Celle Edition - A1 FTL

Our route of advance was straight into the enemy position. Luckily for us, we saw them first!

CHazarLo - Copfor Alpha Sgt.

I elected to stay behind and hold the fort while Alex and Lazer took up position outside. Sadly, they fell to PCP crazed Vuvuzlela players leaving me alone.

Whilst on my rounds I noticed a suspicious looking satchel charge under the staircase, luckily I was upstairs when it went off.

Eventually with to miscreants downed, the last drug hungry ganger tried to negotiate, offering sex and drugs in exchange for his PCP. Sadly, being a police officer I have very messed up tastes, so negotiations failed.

His last words were "Ha, your MP-5 is useless!!" as my trusty submachine gun cut him down.

Infection - FAL Man

I died by falling off a balcony. That's all that needs to be said.

Outpost Beaaanz - Sniper

The heavy fog and night made this ''extra difficult'' run way easier than usual. We spent a lot of time wandering the streets shooting anyone who looked nasty, dropped into the manly arms, went of to Bodge's bar and grill and eventually escaped after an 'incident' with the tractor.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Alex

Post by Alex »

Porto Cleanup - A2 rifleman. Boarding the chopper at the last possible second, we flew off to be the distraction squad. Silenced weapons do not serve well in getting attention and things were fairly quiet until I was shot by awaitz and later took a bullet for dancemoox. The rest of the mission was quite quiet with occasional firefights and a missing chopper?

Jackal Jaunt - Everybody died and I was shot in the legs. With no medic, the CO and I commandeered an enemy vehicle. We pushed to the cache and dropped smoke to guide the helicopter in. We were rewarded by a load of 30mm cannon rounds.

Takistan MSR - IFV driver. My entire world became the tiny slit by which I guided out tracked death machine. We stayed a step behind the infantry and and rarely came under fire except for a very close shave with an rpg.

Random Engagements - Bluefor CO. A very straightforward approach led to the discovery of what appeared to be the entire enemy team inside of the construction site. Cover between us and them was a little sparse so we charged headlong across the field under the cover of smoke. No sooner had we stepped out when a storm started and visibility turned to shit. MMG became more or less useless except as suppression so we entered the building. I took my medic and tagged along with half of alpha up one of the staircases. When we reached the second floor from the top both soldiers in front of me were killed by a grenade Some explosions later and victory was declared.

CHazarLo - Copfor with a shotgun. With Satire holding down the fort, Lazer and I holed up outside. A van load of drugged up miscreants pulled up and I began to dispense justice with my shotgun. I killed the occupants but was soon overwhelmed.

Infection - Saiga. With a good russian firearm, I roamed the streets, only holing up in a building when things became heated. Upon entering a barn, I was shot by Spitnam in an unfortunate accident. I moved on again after patching myself up and was soon out in the open and finding myself under attack. After dispatching several monsters and watching more than survivor being taken down, my crosshairs soon fell upon a silhouette that looked a lot like a sprinting zombie. I fired, noticing at the last moment that it was not a zombie at all but the unfortunate Spitnam. Rook and I holed up in the church and fought to the last man and the last bullets in our magazines.

Outpost Beaaanz - I fought on the streets for some time before retiring to the manly arms bar. I annihilated the ravening hordes of bean seekers with my enfield and then made my way to the boats.
(fake)

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Pr3sario wrote:Jackal Jaunt
Too much; AI and objectives. That's all I have to say. Promising concept though - love BAF.
I've made changes to the mission for V2, slightly less AI but it's still high on the moox meat grinder and murder scale.. I also removed the fourth military base objective since we didn't manage to get one in V1. Here's to Friday and another jaunt :zoidberg:
ramming speed!

Rook

Post by Rook »

Random Engagements AT Rifleman

Under the guidance of commander Kalelovil, our small force fortified the second floor of an building under construction, and braced for the oncoming BLUEFOR onslaught. All was quiet for a lengthy period of time as we concealed ourselves in the building, but as I loaded my RPG the shaft of the weapon stuck up above our cover and exposed our position, as soon after we were decimated by a clinical squad and stifling MMT fire.

Cholo Musical Gang Bastard

I and several other miscreants drove to the station in a dainty blue van, and all but myself were gunned down instantly by ruthless shotgun fire from a rooftop above. I was shot minutes later by Satire when trying to make my own stealthy assault into the station.

Infection M14 AIM

Having been turned away from the church, I moved from barn to barn with Satire and Spitnam until we were overrun. Escaping to the church with Alex after he had shot the (definitely infected and zombified Spitnam, no doubt about it), we managed to claim the heroic title of last survivors before I was eaten by nasty zombies.

Outpost Beanz Pilot

For my first attempt at the mission I was unsure what to expect, but I remained safely at the Manly Arms until the call was made to run for the docks - at which point I was run over by a rogue street-tractor.

Spitnam

Post by Spitnam »

I apologize to all who were relying on the Chopper in Porto Cleanup to do chopper stuff. It seems I flew over some sort of miniature Bermuda Triangle which caused me to be lost in some sort of alternate dimension where my internet did not work.
For what I was present for, though, that mission went too well. Seems to me like it needs another difficulty spike... damn you FA, turning me into a masochist.