[Sun] 29 Dec 2013 (Share this pineapple between you)

How we died
Bodge

[Sun] 29 Dec 2013 (Share this pineapple between you)

Post by Bodge »

Last night we had a respectable 40 soldiers shooting, sploding and throwing a million handgrenades. We played:

Missions (ArmA 2):
  • Bend
  • Breakthrough
  • Blackfolk down
  • Internecine 3
  • Unreachable
Missions (ArmA 3):
  • Crash site
  • Crabfrustration
As you have noticed we got a few A3 missions in, the new server binaries need testing and for that to happen we need missions that work. So if you are feeling creative go grab the latest F3 from the mission maker forum and get going.

fer

Re: [Sun] 29 Dec 2013 (Share this pineapple between you)

Post by fer »

*wakes up from a nightmare in which he was running around Chernarus for hours and hours, looking for a tin of beans; remembers he was supposed to post an AAR thread; checks the forum to find the Bodgist faction has beaten him to the punch*

Ahem!

Missions (ArmA 2):
  • Bend (Loss)
  • Breakthrough (Abandoned)
  • BlackFolkDown (Win-ish)
  • Inter III (INDFOR win)
  • Unreachable (win)
We were 40 comrades, brave and true. And we gave the final Sunday of 2013 a good send-off: a failed ambush in Bend, a festival of red-chain in the aborted Breakthrough, a fully-laden helicopter flying into the ground at the start of BlackFolkDown, and a one-grenade-fireteam-instakill during Inter III (hello OPFOR!). The ArmA 2 ended on a high note: despite our best efforts, including some wonderful friendly fire, the Third International Fighting Brigade of Takistan in the name of Che Guevara successfully destroyed the enemy Hinds and Shilkas, before extracting to the Red Tractor haven in Unreachable. Goodbye Sundays of 2013, you were wonderful.

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU's FA doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

:v:

PS This was what I was listening to throughout Unreachable, using the special, only-available-to-selected-Party-officials mission parameter: Gray's Anatomy Mode - On

dancemoox

Re: [Sun] 29 Dec 2013 (Share this pineapple between you)

Post by dancemoox »

Bend - Sabatour Leader

I turn on CC to find out what is taking the convoy so long, hear that its doing a hillside detour, take a look over the top of my sturdy rock and get shot in my squishy face by the BTR :psyboom:

Breakthrough - Bravo 3 AR

Play abandoned due to comical desync and probable vehicular homicide..

Blackfolk down - CO

I give you people lovely colour coded markers and Alpha has some sort of colour blind moment before having an incident with gravity.. Nevermind onward Bravo and Special Forces. My personal transport failed to take off correctly so I was chauffeured to the front line to boost the moralle of the troops with my command pistol. At first I remained behind Bravo but eventually decided to murderarrest the warlord myself. Securing the warlords compound I shot one EI with my M9 and gave another a jolly good splitting headache with a 203 HE. Bravo searched the area and secured it as Special forces secured their captive and returned to extract.

Internecine 3 - Indfor CO

Beware the tower of Moox for that's where he throws grenades from! My plan was relatively simple; have each fireteam A B and C arrayed around covering west to east with squad leads halfway to fallback positions. I myself would take up residence in the minaret and watch our back. As the enemy pushed from the east I flung my frags blowing up IceRaiser perfectly securing eventual victory. I gave the fallback order and then chaos ensued, in future if the enemy would be so kind as to wear an identifying neon health and safety reflective vests that would be most helpful. The remaining enemy contacts became trapped in a small compound south of the minaret, I ate some bullets but was patched up by Penny before returning to fire wildly downing another. Alpha and Bravo had the enemy in its pincers and the last enemy fell :dance:

Unreachable - HMG gunner / JIP leader

The party logistics officer is going to get a strong talking to, why he thought a minitripod would be okay to use in Chernarus I'll never know. Draakon and myself set up the gun under fire and I found I couldn't see over the grass and we were promptly shot as Draakon read off a bearing for me to fire. Once in the fresh JIP clone body I waited for my team to fill and then began a glorious charge onto the airfield, sure to blow up things with the backpack full of satchels and mines. Sadly nobody had spotted or mentioned the hillside swarming with very alive EI, I went down to some friendly fire and many others fell around me. Draakon was able to flank the enemy and paid the price at the hangars...

Crash site - Data securing AR

I can't hear anything over the awesome sound of my AR, plus look how many tracers I can riddle that enemy chopper with pewpewpewpewpew, oh we've got the data but our helicopter is goosed, right time to run away. What do you mean I'm the only one left, I best antagonise the enemy before becoming stuck on fence post :zoidberg:

Crabfrustration - Commander of invisible marker force 2013

So as it turns out Head broke it, broke it baaad. It also turns out it's really difficult to command when you've no idea where your forces are.. But anyway A3 worked despite Swedish sabotage attempts and showed everyone that we need a lot of practice :owned:

Finally I'd like to say thanks to Fer and Bodge for hosting and thanks to everyone that's made it such a great year! I'll see you all in 2014 and don't forget V+ on Friday :clint:
ramming speed!