[Sun] 05 Jan 2014 (..looks like a space triangle..)

How we died
dancemoox

[Sun] 05 Jan 2014 (..looks like a space triangle..)

Post by dancemoox »

Tonight 44 Comrades assembled to fight in the new year

Missions played tonight were:

Arma 2
  • No Pardon
  • Clergyman
  • Arrival SE
A2 Afterparty
  • CHazarLO
Arma 3
  • Crabfrustration
  • Compound
  • Airfield Raid
As ever post your best recollections of battle below, pictures, text and video are most welcome as are poems about my manly moustache :zoidberg:
ramming speed!

Tink

Re: [Sun] 05 Jan 2014 (..looks like a space triangle..)

Post by Tink »

No Pardon - Bravo Medic

Bravo chopper got shot up and landed hard so I had to run around like a headless chicken patching everyone up once we had left the chopper to its watery fate. Then I advanced up a hill with Bravo and was killed.

Clergyman - Bravo 1 FTL

We advanced on the church from behind using water suspended in the air as concealment, I ordered my men to grenade the church then we stormed in. The plan was for the enemy to be bogged down fighting Alpha at this point so we could set up a defensive position. Instead the enemy BMP drove through the walls of the church and cut us all to bit.

Arrival SE - Charlie (Recon) SL

If I wasn't such a loyal Party member I might find it suspicious that on Friday a high ranking party official who I shall not name abandoned myself and the rest of mortar and sniper team on Utes and then on Sunday our glorious Leader "accidentally" rolled over me in a Humvee. If I wasn't such a staunch believer in wisdom and incorruptible nature of the Party leadership I may even suggest I was being silenced to cover up the cowardice of a certain member of the Party.

Luckily despite getting run over the exceptional training of our medical corp allowed them to get me back on my feet and I was able to get back to leading Recon Squad. We ended up doing less recon and more gap filling between alpha and bravo but we filled those gaps with gusto and despite some naysayers suggesting that we would all be KIA by the end of the mission we never had a single casualty.

CHazarLO - A member of a Band

The band got in our sweet ride and decided to stick it to the man by doing donuts outside a police station. The cops obviously weren't amused by our reckless abuse of the highway code and began shooting at us. Being a rebellious young rocker I didn't have me seat belt on and when Dancemoox drove into a wall I flew through the windscreen to my death.

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

No Pardon
BLUFOR Alpha medic.
Ran around the island, dodging bullets and healing comrades. Then, crouched next to a wall at the edge of a suposedly cleared village, I hear a wounded grunt and turn to see a villager 2m from me and some 10 other soldiers. By the time I noticed his AK, he had pointed it at me, and as I fell writhing to the ground, he was fed some 3 mags worth of led by the panicked BLUFOR. As we reported teleporting villagers, the group moved on. Some time later, I was passing a ZU emplacement we had cleared previously, and heard grunting again. Sure enough, a bleeding, crawling, INDFOR machinegunner almost shot me in the back. There's something wrong with that map.

Clergyman
OPFOR Bravo medic
We were stationed in the northern barn, supposedly to scout, but in practice we were staring at the fog untill a charge south was ordered. So, we rushed south, skylined, and got shot to shreds. SuperU and I were crawling north, Walter was dragging the dying, and Iceraiser went AWOL. I later joined him, and we made a wide flanking move on the church.

Arrival SE
A2 FTL
As the mission started, we dashed to the airport buildings, warned that we would die otherwise. Obviously, this meant a few guys decided to take a leisurely walk along the airfield, just to see if they'd die. Surprisingly, the answer seems to be no. The enemies charged, and the turkeyshoot commenced. After that was done, the mission turned into a long-form bounding excercise, progressing rather smoothly from compound to compound until AntlerOwl anounced "outside is clear", I got out and got shot by a guy with n RPK from 20m away. Some people got ARMAd, some people got run over, but by the end, I was the only one to actually die to enemy fire. So, yeah.

CHazarLO
:dance:

Crabfrustration
INDFOR A1 FTL
Charging through the woods into a fog that shouldn't have been there, we stumbled straight into an enemy squad and got shot to shreds.

Compound
BLUFOR A1 RAT
SL held the fort down, the rest of A1 took overwatch, and I went sneaking around the town. Soon, I found the opposition standing near their IFV, and came up to some 10m behind them. Finding I remaped my 'grenade' button to something else to avoid accidents, I just went full auto and started spraying. The minute I opened fire, I went completely blind, and was immediately gunned down. As I sat in limbo and pondered how curiously difficult it is to gun people down in Arma 3, I was joined by a few of the people who shot me. As it turns out, while I didn't kill anyone, I managed to spook INDFOR enough that they just started shooting at anything that moved. Chiefly each other :laugh:

Airfield Raid
Charging through the woods into a fog that should have been there but wasn't, we stumbled straight into an enemy squad and got shot to shreds.
:siiigh:
[/allegedly]

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

No Pardon
BLUFOR A3 FTL - Madtoaster, Lazei, WrathzRevenge

Zenzos really had his work cut out for him. His unexpected promotion sure did get us a good lesson in how to deal with communication issues. Must've been horribly off-putting. And seriously, when the party forcibly promotes people to SL slots they should make an effort to tell CO/FTLs not to be annoyed at said person when the results are less than satisfactory. When you do stuff like that, CC and information flow should be presumed to be broken down for the remainder of the mission unless you know the persons you promote have experience in said slots. :science101: 'nuff said.

A3 had a newcomer, whose name was Wrathz-something. His special welcoming present was a mission where his fireteam was doing a grand sum of not too much for prolonged periods of time, and a field view of the wonders of communication-errors. Which he took in stride and with good humour, so thanks for that.
A3 had the south side of the landing zone, which was quiet. The screams of A1/2 did not faze us overly much as we tried to move the south-eastern hillside away through pure force of will.
When we started moving A1 got bogged down, and i sent us into the forest to get close on the enemy. I didn't see a single one, and after i told that to Head in A1, Lazei could inform me that he had shot three guys, and that there were more further out. I hereby submit myself as a candidate for "Spotter of the year". :oops:
Also, could i put in a requisition for Lazei's LAZER-FRIGGIN-EYES? I'm not saying pry them out of his corpse or anything, except that's what i'm saying. :D

We got to play with a ZU23-gun, and Madtoaster got to ride the tractor, so everybody was happy. Moving along the road to the airfield completely exposed was a definite highlight.

Thanks to Zenzos for trying to sort it all out as we went along. And please do try SL again some other time. It gets better.... :hist101:

Clergyman
OPFOR ASL

Special super mega tip of the day. Don't ever remove Comrade Fer's markers from the map. You will die to "massage-by-bmp2" not much later. :eng101:

Arrival SE
BLUFOR B1 FTL - Satire, WrathzRevenge, dvl

This was fun. Homer did a good job telling Bravo what to do, and all i managed not to notice this time was one or two T-55's. No biggie, i guess. :siiigh:

The fireteam was a joy to work with, and even though the enemy-count was a little low due to ridiculous amounts of grenade-spam and vehicle-MG fire, we got to do some neat running about. Of course, the AI being rather unclever in darkness did its bit.

A3
Cyborg ninja assassins, everywhere. :psyboom:
Also : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wv2g6d ... lpage#t=80

All in all, a good start to the new year.

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

Aqarius wrote:No Pardon
BLUFOR Alpha medic.
Ran around the island, dodging bullets and healing comrades. Then, crouched next to a wall at the edge of a suposedly cleared village, I hear a wounded grunt and turn to see a villager 2m from me and some 10 other soldiers. By the time I noticed his AK, he had pointed it at me, and as I fell writhing to the ground, he was fed some 3 mags worth of led by the panicked BLUFOR. As we reported teleporting villagers, the group moved on. Some time later, I was passing a ZU emplacement we had cleared previously, and heard grunting again. Sure enough, a bleeding, crawling, INDFOR machinegunner almost shot me in the back. There's something wrong with that map.
The teleporting Armed Farmer was fun. I saw Stoner (A1 AR) get hit and saw a civilian in blue clothing running up the road toward him. Thinking this was who'd shot Stoner, I shot and killed him. Which made the sudden materialisation of the AK wielding Jamie Hyneman lookalike in the middle of Alpha a bit of a shock.

End of mission stats showed that I'd committed a war crime by shooting the civvy in blue.

Sometime later, A1 was providing overwatch for Bravo's assault on the control tower complex when we started receiving grenade and/or GP fire. Being right out in the open on the southern side of the runway with no EI in sight, this was either GP fire from a reverse slope 300-400 metres away or grenades from an invisible or teleporting EI nearby.

Very, very odd.

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Just some highlights of my first mission with you guys. Also at 6:00 is that friendly fire? I was distracted at the time to notice...

The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

I like your dad, he knows his stuff :jihad:

You should make him play Arma and see how much street cred you can get by driving tanks over goats and peons.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

In my quest to work through my backlog of footage I am approaching the present. I am the timemaster. :P

Clergyman - Attackfor SL

Our pincer movement seemed to work at first, as the other squad successfully burst onto the church from the SW woods while we cleared towards it through the town. However, Wafflynumber's IFV managed to somehow escape our own and our AT soldiers, and eat our entire team. At least our bodies are already right next to the graveyard. :P

Arrival SE - C1 AT, Zenzos SL, Iceraiser AR, Kyrnz AAR

[ :science101: Video features experimental techniques including maps, updates, ID labels, fast-forwards, chapters sorta, and more music. :science101: ]

A gruelling and atmospheric, but remarkably successful run of this classic mission. To weather the initial counterattack Alpha was sent to the north side of the airfield, Bravo to the south and our small Charlie recon squad took up the ATC. Wave upon wave of attackers including a tank or two were readily identified and ably dispatched before they could lay a finger on us, with Bravo's machineguns and SOV humvee kicking the ass of many who braved the hills above them and the dark end of the airstrip.

Once things had settled down they pushed east towards the Jaza hills while Charlie and Alpha cleared Loy Manara. After a prickly but well-executed sweep, we parted ways with Alpha heading north and us heading east. After getting briefly surrounded in a remote hamlet, Bravo rolled in to help out and then moved south to link up with them in Jaza. All the while we'd been hearing the distant reports of Alpha scouring the northern hills, so we linked up to head their way.

Meeting north of Loy Manara, we combobulated ourselves and then swept in a great long line west across the hills. We came across several large patrols, but they were as nothing to our combined might. Rawr. The voluminous victory fireworks were a testament to how few of us bought the farm that day.

CHazarLo - Copcop

Whoops, labelled it Cholo in the vid. Anyway, I bravely ran outside to meet our attackers (rockers on tour/in search of PCP) head-on, but when they also met me head on I bravely ran away. Shrugging off fellow-cop Fer's friendly fire, I hid in a closet until everyone else was dead, then stormed out like the terminator mowing down too blighters with my MP5. However, they were a hardy lot and deaded me soon after.

A3: Compound - Attackfor AR

We came across a compound with two neighbouring flat-blocks that housed some men we didn't like. After laying some of the old dakkadakka on the roof from below, we fought our way into one towerblock. Finding it to our liking, we made it our home, but seeking somewhere with a more permissive policy on smoking pets, I exiled myself and departed to the opposing block. Finding nary a friendly hand to welcome me I went up onto the roof, where I extended one to opposing-team hardliner Stoner. But with all the bullets and lasers flying about we ended up shooting eachother, shortly before my team sallied onto their rooftop and started blasting away across the gap.