[Fri] 10 Jan 2014 [V+] (You are the new Actual)

How we died
Dogface

Re: [Fri] 10 Jan 2014 [V+] (You are the new Actual)

Post by Dogface »

I think we need a dedicated thread for this.. I'd even be interested in a dedicated video/Youtube section! Since as well as making a lot of fun content I think it'd be a great recruiting tool. Thoughts, Mods?

Anyway, for now, in the interest of not bogging down this thread, I guess if everyone who's interested in this sends a PM to AkKind for the login, renders and uploads as much video as they can, from any mission, to the FTP, and then I'll download and work with that. (PM me once you've uploaded?). In the meantime, everyone is of course free to use their footage to make their own videos and upload them to their channel (and/or the FA) channel. Likewise I was intending to post the multi-vid to my channel and/or FA... another thing I'd like to talk about if we can get a thread up for this is how to handle the proliferation of comrade-run Youtube channels and how we should tie them into the main FA channel...

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

Oh great party bureaucrat Jesus, I am not looking forward to videos of Shady Harvest.

I'll get an AAR up soon as I have time. Conveniently that'll also give me time to assess and counter all charges made against my completely flawless planning and "leadership".

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Homercleese wrote:Conveniently that'll also give me time to assess and counter all charges made against my completely flawless planning and "leadership".
Leadership is spot on, we just need to track down the potato planting gremlins that have gotten inside your radios!

On an unrelated note I think Bolshevik Raid will be done with a little more air assistance the next time :science101: Scored highly on the murder and indeed mayhem scale, remember Comrades suicide before capture so they don't get your sexy DPM trousers :suicide:
ramming speed!

Satire

Post by Satire »

Crash landing was definitely a highlight for me

Proper AAR with words and stuff to possibly follow. I've a bunch of video too, but Virgin has decided to give me a waffly-level connection for uploads so it may take a while!
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Dogface - I sent you a PM.

Here is short highlight reel from Fridays session. I am going to try and pump out one of these a week. Intended to be a lighthearted look at the trails and tribulations we face at V+

I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Shady Harvest: If this mission ever gets an update then the best thing that could happen to it is a few randomised patrols along the mountains. ;)

Bolshevik Raid: A2 FTL.So much desperate back and forth while getting slaughtered. Mr-Link was wounded many times. Fate wanted him to keep referencing Predator. "I emptied three clips into them and didn't hit anything", "The jungle, it came alive!"

It was only a matter of time before his legs gave up and I found myself carrying him to the LZ, but it turned out to be the wrong one so had to double back. My game crashed just as we were crawling to safety inside a compound. We never made it to the chopper, so it wasn't all that bad.

Sensitive Data: A1 FTL. Dammit, I'm also ASL. I need more practice and a 148. We reached our dismount point and instantly took fire. I should have said "driver, stop, do not dismount" and directed fire to the infantry on the road, but instead said "don't panic" and called the contact out as we drifted past him and all dismounted as a force of habit.

The second mistake was calling an advance to the corner of the village and letting A3 - in their unarmed, unarmoured SUV - race ahead. They were cut down by a technical right on our destination.

Random Engagements: KIA, and lazer always picks good kill zones.

Crash Landing: A1 AAR. I don't have Satire's work ethic, but I did shoot a few people.

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Sensitive Data - A2

Fun times.
The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

lazerdx

Post by lazerdx »

After reviewing the footage I have determined that "when did lazer get killed?" was muttered far too often for my liking. :psypop:

Alex

Post by Alex »

Shady Harvest - A2 AR. The initial mine assault went well, we secured the area and began to move down the road. Then things went downhill. Given the sheer amount of firepower, it seemed that we were facing at least a platoon of BMPs. Our transport Helo went down, the medic got killed, several fireteams got shot up and the medic died. Our FTL died with little fanfare and I was in charge. Lacking any type of useful cover, we bravely held on and pushed to the town. The actual town clearing went well and the rest of the mission went smoothly.

Bolshevik Raid - AA gunner. The enemy spotted us and I died very quickly. The remainder of the mission proceeded with a great deal of drama and hilarity.

Sensitive Data - A2? Marksman. before we even got to the town we came under fire, people were wounded and we struggled to fight off attackers we could hardly see. Mounting up again, we pushed into the village. Alpha 3 were all wounded by a technical. "Alex, go help A3 up" was the order and I ran gleefully into the hail of bullets from a technical.

Random Engagements - We all holed up in a tower and fought bravely to the last man for a very hard won victory.

Crash Landing - A2 FTL. All was quiet (more or less) until a large number of technicals came towards. "We'll be fine!" I shouted before being shot in the head.

Chologorsk - COPFOR was annihilated by an army of hyper aware addicts.

Infection - No crosshairs, oh no. Armed with my saiga 12, I grouped up on the in the factory building with most of the survivors. Unable to cope with the stress, Dancemoox leapt to his death and soon returned to have revenge. as the situation rapidly went from bad to worse, I accidentally shot a Presario in cold blood and was soon after overwhelmed.

Outpost Bean Betrayal - I witnessed the cold blooded murder of Homercleese and attempted assassination of our rook. I joined Dancemoox on the roof and found myself a nice machinegun. After a long fight, we are all but out of ammo and were the last survivors. Guided by the voice of the wrongfully killed Homer, we attempted to bring the building down in a blaze of glory but the masonry was stronger than we expected. Attempting to reach the boats, we both were wounded and i shot Dancemoox to ensure his reputation as one to not shrink from certain death.
(fake)

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

For video-pooling things, I've put up a post here!

Meanwhile, the AAR.

Bolshevik Raid - A1(?) AAR, AnterOwl FTL

After a prolonged bout of crabpeopleitis, we mounted up in a chopper to assault an island airfield. The landing went smoothly enough, and once we had combobulated ourselves we headed north into the woods, approaching the airfield from the side of a large, rusty red barn. Scattered patrols gave way to entrenched defensive presence and we were soon getting shot at by a static MG and various other bad things. This quickly devolved into a fairly Nam-like situation, surrounded by smoke, bullets, wounded people, and people carrying wounded people, which continued as we were slowly forced back into the woods form whence we came.

Draakon pulled out his whip and got us all back into order, flanking around to move on the ATC and surrounding buildings. After some hard fighting, during which I tied, the platoon managed to get a foothold in the area, but yet-more-bullets and the Dance-killing destruction of the ATC had soon battered us into retreat. A hasty Wildcat-based exfil was organised, but they never stood a chance of making it out of there, and didn't. Oh, the humanity!

.. I'll write about other missions after the session that's about to start!