[Tue] 14 Jan 2014 (Commence Operation Manpile)

How we died
dancemoox

[Tue] 14 Jan 2014 (Commence Operation Manpile)

Post by dancemoox »

Tonight 30 Comrades embarked on adventures in space and time airport raids. After a danger close fire mission was called to wipe away the failure of Operation LOTR we embarked on police raids and collapsing buildings before a quick bit of mercenary work and finally we moved to A3 for some VIP close protection / semi clothed future builder action. :D

Missions tonight were:

ArmA 2:
  • Crash Site
  • Bolshevik Raid - Vanilla Edition
  • Two Days To Retirement - Vybor Edition
  • Radio Free Hazar
  • CHernOLO
ArmA 3:
  • Rapid Reaction
  • Builder Dispute
  • In Denial
Thanks as ever for attending, don't forget to post your lovely tales of action and I'll see you all on Friday for some hot hot ACRE action :clint:
ramming speed!

IceRaiser

Re: [Tue] 14 Jan 2014 (Commence Operation Manpile)

Post by IceRaiser »

Bolshevik Raid
FOO, went along with Super's Command Team and looked for the precious.
Tried guiding in some arty but it drifted off target every time... I blame the wind.

Soon everything went to shit as Bravo died, Super took a bullet to the face and both helo's made emergency landings behind Alpha; making me the CO of this clusterfudge.
Alpha got tasked with securing Obj Mordor(SW part of the Airfield) but just as they turned over the final stone - DISASTER!
Enemy mortars/Arty started raining in and with just a 25 second warning I ordered them to run West/South, Escape and Evade!
Sadly the Bolsheviks must've been jamming our comms with raspberry 'cuz most of Alpha looked to the skies, asking "Is it a bird? Is it a pl- :owned:

Stranded in a hangar, with my trustworthy Doctor Penny, and enemies all around us I did what any British Officer would've done. Firemission on my position - FIRE FOR EFFECT.

Rapid Reaction
KA-60(Orca) Pilot, tasked with securing Alex and his carkeys. The first pickup went real fast and we didn't really take any fire, ofc I forgot to start recording :bang:
Then Alex thought that he'd dropped his carkey at the ambush site so we went back to look.

Luckily he found it under his seat, so all is well!

In Denial
SUPRESSIVE FIRE!

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

A more cozy session than Sunday's epic brawl-marathon, but a lot of fun, so thanks to all the hosts, mission-makers and players! Edited missions to come shortly, and unedited files will soon be uploaded to the FTP server as per the fledgling and as-yet unofficial collective-recording initiative (pm me or AkKind if you have footage or editing skills to share!)

Crash Site - BLUFOR Commander

With a crashed C-130 to recover data from and starting on the south coast of Chernarus, I opted to try and move us to the crash site as quickly as possible. Ace pilot Draakon flew us to the south side of a valley in the middle-south of the AO, then dusted off to go scouting for the downed plane. He quickly located it to our northeast, along with the OPFOR chopper dropping troops nearby.

Hot-footing it across the valley, we posted MMG up in the woods overlooking the plane while the rest of us approached it at a hasty pace. Too hasty, as it turned out, as half of us go swiss-cheesed by some inquisitive and grumpy locals, including myself. However, we did manage to secure the plane, and start downloading the data. However, as the helicopter door-gunners duelled overhead, OPFOR were fast approaching from the eastern woods, and a tense battle of attrition began. Eventually the attacking force was worn down to a nub, with several wounded but only Kalelovil still on his feet. That turned out to be all it needed, though, as he swiftly dispatched Head(?) who was tinkering with the laptop, and Awaitz who was guarding him -- see highlight vid!

As Kale sprinted altruistically back East to recover his wounded comrades, Draakon and Dance tried to take OPFOR to a fiery grave with them but their kamikaze chopper attack was shielded by some dastardly local trees.

Bolshevik Raid - Bravo 1 Assistant Automatic Rifleman - Madtoaster FTL

With SuperU's Lord of the Rings-esque map-markings painting a picture of a grim and grisly journey to the airfield landmarks and equipment we had to blow the heck out of, we piled into the back of a Chinook and took a nice relaxing flight clear across Chernarus, to the Northwest Airfield so familiar to DayZ and Domi players. Dancemoox stayed back to fondle the cannons, and the CAS wildcat readied its engines as we landed northeast of the airfield, immediately coming under fire and running like the dickens for the nearest trees. Once clear we hoofed it down south and parted ways with Alpha.

Finding a gap in the fence, we snuck our way into the airfield proper while B2 dealt with some undesirables outside. After a few startling encounters approaching the hangars, we shot across the airstrip to help Alpha neutralise obj Ring, before quickly encountering a fresh batch of enemy troops running up from the south of the airfield, who neutralised us one by one. Only Inverselaw managed to drag himself into the hangar where a beleagured CO element was nursing its wounds, leaving Alpha to attempt to swoop in and save the day. Tink led the charge with a stolen tractor, dying with the rest of them in a hail of bullets, but in an inherently more glorious way.

Two Days to Retirement - Cop Boss

We found a police station-slash-schoolhall-slash-yoga facility overrun with stinking rockers, who were shot by cops other than me, not least the fearsome, room-clearing Draakon, albeit with a little healing-hands help from myself.

Radio Free Hazar - A1 was assigned to the south of our little makeshift town, defending the central transmitter. The enemy chopper rumbled its menacing way through the sandstorm, zeroing in on my AK-AA and literally demolishing my building with a well-aimed shower of high-caliber autocannon fire. Due to being incredibly resilient I shrugged this off, nipping over to the East to help shoot at some pesky invaders on a nearby sand-dune, before getting long-shotted and watching Gaius subjected to a bloodbath of his team-mates, lasting a surprisingly long time on his own in a town full of enemies.

Chernolo - Big Cop Man

An evidence locker full of golden revolvers, grenades, automatic weapons and cocaine was found.

Much fun was had by all.
Last edited by Dogface on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thirith

Post by Thirith »

Bolshevik Raid - Bravo 1, the guy at the back - Madtoaster FTL
I haven't got much to add to anything that's been said already, other than this: I must have been suffering from caffeine deprivation during yesterday's game. For one thing, I didn't see a single enemy before getting shot and bleeding to death, neither in this mission nor in Crash Site, so I'm not entirely sure whether the whole thing wasn't some Jacob's Ladder-style drug trial-cum-friendly fire. For another, I spent a couple of minutes mourning Dogface's corpse in the woods when I thought I was the last survivor of Bravo 1 - before I realised that I was focusing on the wrong sthud dot and Dogface was 50m behind me, alive and well, wondering why I was going all "Alas, poor Dogface. I knew him..." over Rook's body. The dead all look like to me. Anyway: good times! My ambition for next time I can join: actually see a real-life EI.
"Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS." - Grim Fandango

Rook

Post by Rook »

Dogface you both a) saved my life and b) threw a grenade at my feet during that session. I think they might cancel out.

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Medals for everyone, Rook. medals for everyone. :D

Updated my post with vidyavids!

Alex

Post by Alex »

ArmA 2:
Crash Site - CO Medic. Flying in, I spotted the wreck and we landed nearby and moved in. The CO died soon after along with just about everyone else. Somehow we managed to annihilate the bluefor ground forces so their pilot attempted to crash land into our faces. Good times.

Bolshevik Raid - Engineer. Upon reaching the airfield I buddied up with Satire so that we could spread the joy of explosions. I blew up a buolding and then we were both cut down by large amounts of enemy fire.

Two Days To Retirement - died early, think. Don't remember it that well.

Radio Free Hazar - Fell off of a roof :(

CHernOLO - Didn't get to do much. Threw some grenades and ran around a bit.

ArmA 3:
Rapid Reaction - VIP. Chatted with my bodyguards, climbed into iceraisers helo and took off again.

Builder Dispute - Altis CO. Split my force into a distraction force and a main force that would come from behind. It was all going so, so well but then my medic (Homercleese) decided to shoot me in the back of the head.
(fake)

Ardyvee

Post by Ardyvee »

Fun session, although I joined close to the end.

Rapid Reaction: This has a lot of potential, in my opinion, but from the Puppeteer/opfor side I could point to a few problems. I felt that the briefing wasn't clear enough. Maybe it could be reworded, but there was some initial confusion over what we could do. But, besides opfor not seeing vehicles around spawn point (and I'd like to think at least one of those would have had a some kind of hmg), I never felt like I was being part of the attacking force of an ambush. We were still moving towards blufor when the helicopter flew past us, landed, and left. Perhaps Lord Penney had the chance to attack the landing site since he was on the other side of the AO and I recall him entering contact before us.

Perhaps if the helicopter didn't take of before both sides saw each other, or if there was (which could certainly exist, in the form of those vehicles we never saw) some kind of way for opfor to hinder or even stop extraction of blufor.

That's about as much input I can give on how I felt during this one. The others were fine and bloody enjoyable.

Gaia

Post by Gaia »

Look, to explain my cowardly actions in Radio Free Hazar, I had just lost my entire squad in the blink of an eye, and I was dealing with some pretty heavy survivor guilt/post traumatic stress disorder....

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

So this happened. Poor Madtoaster. xD

The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"