[Fri] 17 Jan 2014 [V+] (Jackal Shaped)

How we died
dancemoox

[Fri] 17 Jan 2014 [V+] (Jackal Shaped)

Post by dancemoox »

Tonight 22 Comrades defended Celle against slow moving attackers, fought against teamspeak and did well in a Jackal Jaunt (friendly fire not forgiven).

Missions tonight were:
  • Defend Celle
  • Snipe Hunt
  • Jackal Jaunt
  • Chologorsk
  • Crash Landing
Afterparty
  • Infection
  • Outpost Bean
As ever post your pics, video and words below! I'll see you all on Sunday :D
ramming speed!

IceRaiser

Re: [Fri] 18 Jan 2014 [V+] (Jackal Shaped)

Post by IceRaiser »

Will post a proper AAR with some video later today(after VeeDub's done the magic :science101: )

Until then:

Before Ice forgets: Change the Harrier to the LGB version and remove the ARP - add Fuel/Repair truck instead.

Satire

Post by Satire »

Defend Celle - MAT Gunner

Well, despite the red hordes being a bit of a no-show, MAT did have the enjoyment of seeing CO run over one of our engineers. Followed shortly by several RPG round coming out of the forest we had just carelessly driven through/by.

Also, we parked our TOW humvee in a variety of excellent tactical positions, for an upcoming YouTube series called the Art of Humvee*

Snipe Hunt - A2 AR

To be honest, this one has just blurred into a collection of small fire-fights with AI, relentless tension from knowing that there's snipers out there followed by the occasional high velocity round, seeing my whole team get cut down before my eyes and a big explosion.

So yeah, I'd say it's a damn fun mission if I may say so myself!

Jackal Jaunt - A2 AR

TS problems decided to kick in while slotting, but I wrested them back. The mission was spent mostly trying to hit things with my crappy M249-alike and running back and forth. Apparently the Apache gunners in this mission may need to spend some time with vehicle recognition charts/at specsavers... The glory charge at the end saw me running after the CO vehicle up a rubble strewn slope to the burning mansion with a stolen Enfield shooting bad dudes left right and centre. Good times.

Chologorsk - I have no idea

There can only be one!

And I was not it...

Crash Landing - MMG Gunner

The village has pretty poor MMG positions, but I did my best. Lots of running from side to side to try and find somewhere I can lay down and still see. After healing my valiant assistant twice he managed to get himself shot so I went to help MAT back up to his feet. Sadly this may have pissed off a local ZU-23, which was the end of me.

Infection - M14 Marine

Running around has it's benefits, such as confusing the zombie's location system and not getting pinned into a house. Sadly there are drawbacks, such as loosing breath, getting lost and stray bullets.

Outpost Bean

Two runs, two embarrassing deaths. First, I selected smoke grenade rather than my weapon when faced down with a dude 3 feet away, followed by accidentally opening gear menu, followed by death. The second time I just got makarov'ed from an unseen assailant sixty seconds in.

* = This may or may not be a massive lie
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

The Russian hordes apologise for the lack of movement. Turns out they were rather new to WALB and rather enjoyed staying in the woods.. I'll have a word with them and get them doing more!

Also Ice changes to Apocalypse have been made, would a rearm truck be too much?

Finally I'm removing the six dudes that held us up for half an hour, V2 will be a quick drive down to the town and then setting up.
ramming speed!

gamma_gandalph

Post by gamma_gandalph »

Defend Celle ENG Assistant
This round was sadly rather short for me, as I decided to stand in front of a CO in a hurry

Snipe Hunt A1 Assistant AR (I think)
This one started a bit slow, when our FT came under fire a few times and we managed to fall way behind the rest of our team. Then the mission quickly proceeded to bring me and Wrath rather close to a heart failure when we soon dicovered to be the only two people left alive. After some sneaking around and some desperate calls on my radio, an insurgent with an apparent personal grudge against Wrath killed us both.

Jackal Jaunt A1 Assistant AR
One of the missions where I never really saw the enemy. I shot our AR gunner though, I think it was Mamba? I am really sorry for that one, but you see, it looked to me you were storming out of a bush towards me and the FT firing your weapon just a second after I called my sector safe...

All in all, it was a very entertaining second time playing with you guys! Thanks everyone!

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Satire wrote:Also, we parked our TOW humvee in a variety of excellent tactical positions, for an upcoming YouTube series called the Art of Humvee*
I do hope I'll be invited as a guest star to give invaluable insight on how to defend a position that's not attacked.
gamma_gandalph wrote:Jackal Jaunt A1 Assistant AR
One of the missions where I never really saw the enemy. I shot our AR gunner though, I think it was Mamba? I am really sorry for that one, but you see, it looked to me you were storming out of a bush towards me and the FT firing your weapon just a second after I called my sector safe...
No worries. That was a rather confusing moment, as you guys couldn't see the four enemies standing just in front of us. Also somebody walked into my line of fire at the same time, as I was firing full auto. I think I avoided killing him but I didn't have time to announce the contact.
Funny part is those four were the first targets of the session I could actually shoot at. Didn't survive 2 seconds.

Mr-Link

Post by Mr-Link »

dancemoox wrote:Finally I'm removing the six dudes that held us up for half an hour, V2 will be a quick drive down to the town and then setting up.
Noooooo......The Spetznaz hiding in the pub behind the curtains was a nasty but cool surprise. He started firing just as I lead my fireteam in there for a quick mid-mission drinking session like any respectable FTL would do. The bastard knew we couldn't resist the temptation :argh:

Also for all our deliberate and slow movement, we still managed to miss some things and be attacked from the back on several occasions.

BTW this was my second week of V+ and I am beginning to understand what the fuss was all about. Thanks for hosting a great session guys :hist101:

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Here we are~ Sniper Hunters.

The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

I didn't realise I hit you at the end Wrathz. Makes me feel better!
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here