[Fri] 24 Jan 2014 [V+] (God Like Podagorsk)

How we died
dancemoox

[Fri] 24 Jan 2014 [V+] (God Like Podagorsk)

Post by dancemoox »

Thanks very much to the 21 Comrades that were out tonight for the session, I hope you all enjoyed the session as much as I did.

Missions we tackled were
  • Random Engagements - Podagorsk
  • Mind The Gap
  • Bolshevik Raid
  • The Colonels
  • Holy Stones
  • Snipe Hunt
Afterparty Territory
  • Hells Fury
  • CHernOLO
  • Infection
  • Outpost Bean
  • Gun Game - Shapur x2
As ever post your pictures, video, hand drawings and watercolours. This week I'm also accepting charcoal sketches..
ramming speed!

WrathzRevenge

Re: [Fri] 24 Jan 2014 [V+] (God Like Podagorsk)

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Random Engagements - Podagorsk:
At 07:10 onward... Who was that?! Firing rockets at me!? AHHH!

The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Sooo many highlights. :D This was a really stonking session, we packed in many missions and all of them had awesomeness hidden within.

In Random Engagements as A1 FTL I secreted my men in the barracks to lurk like trolls, waiting for BLUFOR to clear them. I got bushwhacked through a window but the fight went on, coming down to the wire with MrLink executing a clever gambit that resulted in the last survivors all killing eachother in a hail of crossfire.

Mind the Gap saw some Spetsnaz forces insert to Podagorsk by boat under my CO-ship, with Dance's Ninja Assassin Deathsquad sneaking into the woods to trail an enemy general, while 3 fireteams-worth of Alpha headed up hill to take out an antenna. We saw the guards well ahead of time but they still managed to unleash an absolute massacre on Alpha, the last stragglers hunted down and blown up with a grenade. Moon Moon's assassins fared a little better, but came under repeated attackes from cracks-hot patrols who eventually overwhelmed them.

In Bolshevik Raid I acted as JTAC between CO Draakon and Wildcat attack chopper pilot Dancemoox (with gunner Ardyvee), along with SuperU's chinook. Tasked with capturing a bridge and the power station (?) beyond it, we inserted safely into an AA-heavy area and advanced. Things started to go topsy-turvy when a BMP powered into our flanks, but it retreated long enough for us to set up for an attack on the stronghold across the bridge. With my lasers and Dance's rockets combined, we cleared out most of the resistance and Alpha piled in to finish the job. After the engies blew the bridge behind us, we got word from SuperU that the Wildcat had crashed with no survivors. He soon had cause to swoop in for a daring extraction as we got swamped by an angry enemy counterattack, but me and acting medic-machinegunner Kalelovil didn't have enough legs between us to climb into the waterline-hovering tailgate. Flying away and leaving us to crawl into a hail of gunfire biting-teeth first, his ace piloting at least managed to give hope to the two survivors before they passed away from blood-loss mid flight.

The Colonels was a short and sweet adverserial that ended in RPGs and lamentations, as was the following mission in our little Aziz-Azoz-athon, Holy Stones.

Our last main mission Snipe Hunt saw me sniping/commanding in Fallujah, along with a ragtag group of rebels with rockets and machineguns, which I distributed in the tall buildings around the hotel that me and lazer made our nest. I soon caught sight of marine uniforms amid the sheds about 400m to the southwest, and started ineptly but enthusiastically shooting at them. I got a few close hits that probably rattled some teeth, but no confirmed kills as the yanks filtered around to the south.

As my minions bravely engaged the invaders, me and lazer ventured downstairs only to get waylaid and laid low - lazer bought the farm but I was able to scramble away. Sneaking around to the west flank, I encountered Satire and managed not to flinch as he surrounded me with bullets, thunking a couple of nice clean hits into his chest. I then celebrated by exuberantly flinging myself off the balcony, breaking my legs and leaving me to crawl forlornly about, firing taunting shots into the air and trying to see if I could ambush someone as they rounded a corner. Sadly, I was the one that was ambushed by AkKind, whom I'd previously winged. :P

Venturing bombastically into afterparty territory, I took and promptly wasted a copslot in Cholo, as Super snuck around the side of my desk-based ambush and shot me most viciously. He then went on to deploy his wiles against an all-too-trusting Dancemoox, his offer of defection turned into a ballistic declaration of the founding of SuperUtopia atop the police station. Dance took his revenge in the following round of Infection, declaring Super a traitor to the human race and fair game for all armed survivors. However he was (unwillingly?) joined by some reprehensible american lad who tempted me into Super's murderhouse with offers of collaboration and cake, only to shoot me in the back after my close-range GP up the stairs failed to detonate. Coming back to the vacated house as a zombie, a truly enviable pile of bodies was on display around and up the stairs. Well played. Dance and Satire decamped to a dismal red warehouse, demolishing wave after wave of zombies before finally succumbing to the horde, as was inevitable.

With the session showing no sign of losing steam we headed to Takistan to board the Hellcat, a C-130 adorned with M2s and arty cannons on the wings, pitted against a small flight of slow-chugging AN-2s. Our giant metal bird swooped slowly and stomach-lurchingly around the mountains, as the slow but nimble biplanes peppered and rammed us, but some canny maneuvering by pilot Alex got us some prime head-on strafing runs against the enemy and one by one, they went tumbling to the ground in flames - the final blighter nicking our wing and sending us careering into the ground shortly after him.

At this point I had to head off, but crikey if that wasn't a lot of fun! I highly encourage anyone who hasn't given Vanilla+ a try to have a look at the thread and give it a whirl. Cheers to Dance and all the V+ and FA staff, I say!

By the way, I got good footage of almost all missions, and AkKind got footage for Snipe Hunt and Colonels. These would make some great feature videos, so if you captured any footage you can share, or if you'd like to see how easy it is to get set up (hint, very!) to do so, then head on over to the wiki for more information!

Alex

Post by Alex »

CHernOLO - I attempted to confuse the Police in the station by randomly throwing smoke grenades before reaching the entrance in time to witness SuperUs genius infiltration.

Infection - In an attempt to turn Satire and Dancemoox against eachother, they both shot me.

Outpost Bean - Mistaking the wounded Zenzos hiding in a bush as a hostile. I killed him and proceeded to hide on the town hall roof. I shot up the bad guys, was wounded several times and was killed while making my escape.
(fake)

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

My footage was borked. Thank you Dogface and WrathzRevenge.

Taking Draakon's blow-the-bridge-first route in Bolshevik Raid was more fun than I wanted, and it's great to have CAS too (toy slots are overrated to play but add so much to the atmosphere for infantry IMO.) I'm really not used to NLAWs: I tried to take out the BMP from ~50m in hull-down position and the rocket dipped straight into the ground. I was treating it like an M136 or RPG.

Hells Fury was awesome. Great stuff, whoever made it. :dance:

Mr-Link

Post by Mr-Link »

Random Engagements

Thanks for the videos WrathzRevenge and Dogface. I didn't realize exactly what happened until I saw that video....that was epic in an unintended way.

Mind the Gap

It basically went like this:

Some AI elements spots Alpha and opens fire-----> ASL orders alpha to engage------> all alpha are like: pew pew pew tic tic tic.

The AIs look at each other in disbelieve and go "Are they serious?"--------> All AI in the area are like: bang bang bang BANG BANG BANG.

The rest is too much of trauma to recall :psyboom:

Pro-tip: Real life Spetznaz GRU do not use bizons and ak-74u with silencers in large outdoor operations. Of course they dont have to contend with ArmA 2 fickle AI either, but that's another story.

Bolshevik Raid

It was pretty nice and slow. I took on the MMG duties with Akkind. We watched in horror as a BMP3 zipped right pass us through the bridge and on to the other side were most of Alpha was. These guys were not braking for anyone, and we didn't have any AT assets on our side of the bridge anyway.

The Colonels

RPG to the face !!

Holy Stones

Bullet to the face !!

Snipe hunt

Due to where I was positioned and where blufor landed, I ended up making a huge sweeping flanking maneuver. The problem was that I channeled my inner Dslyecxi a bit too much. It was too slow, too cautious but it wasnt unwarranted though, as I was hit by a stray bullet at some point. So I was under the impression that blufor was expecting me. Maybe they thought I was a random AI. I was moving a bit AI-ish. Anyways, in the end I caught up to them from behind. I even managed to RPG a poor fellow straight in the backpack, and then proceeded to down a couple of guys as well. But it was a bit too little too late.

Hells Fury

Sneaky sneaky SuperU has made a "slight" alteration to the mission from the version that we tested earlier. I happily jumped into the opfor pilot seat thinking I would pilot a huey. Turned out to be...oh god.....the horror of horrors......an AN-2!!!!.....That thing was hard to fly. The huge C-130 was pulling tighter corners then we were. I could only push the machine so much before risk stalling. Allegedly we manged to ram them somehow.....I dont know how as by that point my head had a .50 cal sized hole in it and was slammed face first on the controls...going down.

Satire

Post by Satire »

Mind The Gap - B1 FTL

Bravo's job was to be super sneaky ninja force and jump the general as he walked on the train tracks. Given that our main 'heavy hitters' were suppressed AKS-74U's and the engagement ended up being in the open, that didn't end up going so smoothly. We had to try and close distance which really should have been done in bounds, but since there were a hell of a lot of bullets and a fair bit of ground to cover became a bit more of a charge. Somehow I managed to hit a Machine gunner before going down. None of the bad men shooting at us looked very general like so I maintain that we'd been had.

Bolshevik Raid - A1 AR

We went from our LZ to the bridge without contact so decided to send Spitnam mad with puns instead. When we did get there I was the first to die, courtesy of a narcoleptic machine gun nest that suddenly woke up after spending a good while sat in front of it. We though it was KO'ed by the attack heli runs...

The Colonels - Azozfor A2 AR

A2 was to accompany glorious Azoz round the East flank while A1 took the west. We manage to run into the enemy who promptly GP'ed our team, with me being the only one left uninjured. After helping them back up I managed to kill someone who poked their head out round a corner for too long and someone who tried to storm our compound.

Advancing on the bus station, our glorious leader took an RPG round from a hidden assailant. I patched him back up only for someone to fill him with bullets!

Holy Stones - Opfor A1 AAR

Protip - When directional and volume control is borked, don't announce your intentions to assault a position when you're stood next to it. They'll be waiting for you any you'll look like a tit.

Snipe Hunt - A2 (?) AR

Snipe hunt always ends up being a blur for me. What I do remember is being on the door gun and taking fire on the way in, engaging militia contacts that seemed to be coming from all sides, seeing Spitnam explode spectacularly and running into a sniper at across the street range and dying. I love how this mission always comes down to house-to-house fighting despite one side having sniper rifles!

Hells Fury - Wing 1 Gunner

CHernOLO - Gangfor AR dude

Capped a Po-Po on the roof, snuck round to hear Super's defection.

Infection - Russian Officer with AKS-74U

I met up with Moox, and claimed a barn for our own. However some dude with a revolver and his priest buddy wouldn't leave. They started acting weird, and the revolver due kept pointing his gun at me so we wasted them. They probably shot first or something, yeah?

Then, we may have gone a bit crazy...

Alex tried to turn us against each other so we killed him too, and hid out in his warehouse. This ended up being our fortress until restless legs forced us to move on, where I manage to get ff'ed by my trusty companion.

:siiigh:

Gun Game Shapur: Pistols at dawn edition

Satire OP, plz nerf.

Gun Game Shapur: EXPLOSIONS! edition

Satire and Dancemoox OP, plz nerf.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.