[Tue] 28 Jan 2014 (Look Before You Leap)

How we died
SuperU

[Tue] 28 Jan 2014 (Look Before You Leap)

Post by SuperU »

Thanks as always people was a good session! We saw 32 comrades come and fight for the party!
Missions:
  • Lead Stocks - The arms dealers guards went on holiday, however we did successful engage the hostile trees.
  • Broney - Saw an under strength platoon with a tough BMP push down to Nagara leaving all the puppeteers dead.
  • Rolling Matryoshka II - It started off so well, and then it ended so dead!
  • Crash Site - Walked into enemy LZ, died.
Arma 3 after party:
  • Rainbow - Paratroopers become Paradead. They still won...
  • Airfield Raid - Aim Bot AI vs FIA. Guess who won...

Dogface

Re: [Tue] 28 Jan 2014 (Look Before You Leap)

Post by Dogface »

A sleek, compact, efficient session from German designer Karloff Lagerbier that has attracted some fresh faces with bold and exciting new visions of military simulation trends.

Lead Stocks - Alpha 1(?) Fireteam Leader

Peaceful. So peaceful. We wafted down onto the fields of Chernarus amidst no hail of gunfire, and advanced under heavy lack of mortars through the forests, towards the site of the weapons dealer's illegal rave. Not being viciously mown down by the emplaced MGs that weren't there, nor ambushed by several elite spetsnaz strike teams, we lined up in a non-deadly treeline and watched the solitary and distinctly yuppie-looking armsmonger taking his morning walk in a field next to his sole ware, a BM-21 Grad truck-mounted multiple rocket launcher. After a little Benny-Hill-esque chasing back and forth, Alpha 1 arrested him without incident, a distinct lack of retaliatory firestorm enabling us to stage a relaxed, non-desperate retreat. Ahhhh!

Broney - Puppetmaster 3

Salted throughout the sprawling Takistani town of whatever-it's-called, me and my army of loyal AI puppet minion manslaves, along with forty other robots and humans, spread out around the northeastern crossroads to lie in wait for the attacking Bronygroup and accompanying busload of anime convention attendees. Unlike the dudes of some, my dudes were safely hidden inside buildings and clusters of rocks, but this would not save us in the end.

The bronymobile, a heavily-modified Infantry Fighting Vehicle, pulled up onto the Eastern hill, in the perfect position to mow down a couple of my most unfortunate dudes when they tried to scout a possible retreat in order to let the enemy advance a little. Therefore I had us sit tight, taking the occasional potshot but otherwise simply serving as a little pepper to keep the Russian advance interesting.

My minions got a couple of kills, but as the main Russian force moved in they were quickly wiped out, until I was left with just a single rifleman to possess. Charging forward in a glorious fashion, I ran clear past one Russkie hiding in a bush, who in great alarm fired wildly at my retreating feet, missing them and allowing me to loop around into a building. Spraying a wild and inaccurate burst of fire at another borscht-eating invader, I was then promptly splattered by the first one's RPK. Huzzah!

Rolling Matryoshka III - Commander

Feeling supremely confident about our chances in this traditionally easy-peasy mission, and overflowing with manpower, additional weaponry and... okay, we were doomed from the start, with our anemic numbers and back-to-basics loadout, though we did at least have a Tunguska AA with its dual autocannons to help us, along with a jet that would be fueled if and when we destroyed the AA on top of the hill we were attacking.

Rather than taking the traditional route of looping around the south and west of the hill to approach through the thickest area of woods, I decided to have us cling to the shoulder of the eastern hill and attack that way. At first it went rather well, as me and the Tunguska were able to chill out on the opposing slope, with a prime view of the troop's movements. We both spotted an approaching infantry patrol from the northern road, keeping our eyes on it until they came within range whereupon we quickly splatted them. Meanwhile Alpha and Bravo bounded neatly past eachother towards the flank of the hilltop bunkers.

It all went wrong when we crested the hill to commence the actual assault. A flurry of explosions from what looked to be a static AGS auto-grenade launcher, or possibly a Zeus AA gun (enlighten me, ground-pounders?) started unleashing the fury, throwing the squads into disarray and separate pieces, in collaboration with a bunker at a gas stage north of us, which had a clear view of the hill. The Tunguska advanced closer and closer to the frontline, destroying bunkers and static emplacements as it went, but was soon defeated.

Putting on my Anger Hat, I charged across the valley, up the hill, over the crest, and into a hail of bullets to die writhing with my comrades, although I managed to take out a few more Russians as I crawled towards the bunker with my kalashnikov gripped in my teeth.

Crash Site - Alpha/CO medic

As the medic I missed out on most of the tactical developments, but we landed near the crash-site, snuck into some woods, and quickly engaged enemies to our south, engaging in a frank exchange of views and bullets and grenades that kept my healing hands busy. Satire sent me careering back and forth a few times between wounded folks, and I believe I then got shot in the spleen. Good show!

Hey! If you took footage during this session, give me, we make into video! If you didn't take footage, you take! Is good!

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Dogface wrote:Charging forward in a glorious fashion, I ran clear past one Russkie hiding in a bush, who in great alarm fired wildly at my retreating feet, missing them and allowing me to loop around into a building. Spraying a wild and inaccurate burst of fire at another borscht-eating invader, I was then promptly splattered by the first one's RPK. Huzzah!
It's a shame I don't take footage, because that scene looked awesome on my screen. I think I managed to draw a perfect silhouette of you in the sand with my first two bursts. To be fair, though, I was actually sprinting behind you. And I'm a bit out of shape. Even after the nice warm up in the first mission.
Dogface wrote:A flurry of explosions from what looked to be a static AGS auto-grenade launcher, or possibly a Zeus AA gun (enlighten me, ground-pounders?)
IIRc it was both. There was a Zsu or a Shilka to the north, and an AGS immediately to our west, on top of the bunker. Yeah, the one Dancemoox, all young and fiery (and naive), thought he could use for himself and rain death on the enemy... in a Wolfenswan mission. :laugh:
Also I absolutely did not shoot Iceraiser in the face during that mission. That's just lies.

Nothing much to note about the session, but it was a very enjoyable one!

Alex

Post by Alex »

Lead Stocks - Had a nice walk and it gave my squad a good chance to help a new player out.
Broney - INDFOR Puppeteer. What a fun mission. Thanks to a trigger happy AR, my compound was hit first and hit hard. My squad began to die off until it was just me in my building and I was shot in the back while checking across the compound.
Rolling Matryoshka II - AA driver. We had a good view of the approach until ordered to check along the road. We were engaged by a GMG and possibly a ZSU.
Crash Site - We hopped out of the chopper and dove into the trees. Seconds later, I spotted the enemy about 20 meters away from me and opened fire. A hell of a good firefight ensued and much fun was had.
Rainbow - Leapt from the helicopted, flailed wildly when my chute refused to open and died.
Airfield Raid - A nice job down the road and into a gully filled with brush. I may have passed up the lead element because I soon mistook an enemy patrol for friendly. Died.

(fake)