[Sun] 9th Feb 2014 (Meat grinder for everyone!)

How we died
Aqarius
Host

Re: [Sun] 9th Feb 2014 (Meat grinder for everyone!)

Post by Aqarius »

^Wait, that thing can ZOOM?!?
:siiigh:

No Pardon
BLUFOR A3 FTL
Once in a while, Arma truly manages to invoke the experience of a battlefield in it's most dynamic form: utter chaos, panic and screaming.
Right off the bat, AAR didn't even know he was in the game, and missed the first round of transport (the lucky bastard). Right as the Chinook dived in for a landing, the island echoed with the flames of the dead Wildcat, taking with it our command and most of support. Alpha, dumped on the ground and rushing to assist, was immediately peppered by light enemy fire, which soon turned into heavy enemy fire as a BMP rolled over the hill. With my AR shellshocked, RAT on away duty and smoke everywhere, I tried to help the bleeding pilot, but was intercepted by an enemy fireteam. By the end of it, myself and a few others were attacking the village somehow rallied under the banner of AH1. The reign of utter confusion and chaos was only bolstered by the two EI holed up in the old church, picking us off one by one. The mission came to a close with a dash to the airport, chasing the last choper out of SaiUtes. Along the way, I spied the once again bleeding pilot, so I popped some smoke and rolled him over for a belly rub. I ws promptly shot by an MG and bled out.
What we learned: Do not help bleeding pilots. They got that way for a reason.

Oil Trouble
OPFOR A2 RAT
The teams were presented with a choice of objective, namely, a village and an oilfield. Guess what both sides chose?
Piling out of an Mi-8 south of the oilfield, we attempted a flanking move in conjunction with Bravo's strike from the east. That plan was scrapped after I popped my head over the ridge and got it shot off immediately. So, we instead regrouped with what was left from Bravo and attacked along the same route as they failed to do. Hitting the compound wall, I noticed a dead comrade besides an opening in the concrete. Dropping to investigate, I took one more bullet to the nogging and was dumped to a broken spectator script.
What we learned: Do not investigate dead comrades. They got that way for a reason.

The 309 Take
INDFOR A1 RAT
Once again out on field patrol near the Dacha, I decided I'd take the wheel this time, figuring I couldn't get run over while inside the car. In that sense, strictly speaking, the drive was an improvement.
A1 was on the far left of every right turn the company made, which wouldn't've (what a strange word) been that big of a problem if the technical could carry a full fireteam. This way, I was trying to figure out the A3 gas pedal while half the team had a workout of a lifetime. After an uneventful half hour, I drove through some bamboo and was notified that "someone ran over Satire" :v: . Some 100m after that, the squad got engaged and we were forced to ditch our now-unpimped ride. The rest of the mission was spent crawling through wide open fields, trying to sneak up on the enemy that everyone except me seemed to have no problem seeing. I now realise why. :bang:
What we learned: RTFM. (Literally. A3 comes with a FM.)

Manhunt
BLUFOR A1 RAT
Dumped out of the chopper north of the city, the team descended towards the coast, reaching the church just as the victory fire began.
What we learned: The enemy waits for no man. Neither does the party.

Training Day
BLUFOR A3 FTL
Moving with the MMG team, we crested a ridge and got a glorious view of the enemy compound, IFVs, helo, everything. As I was marking the above on the map, I heard an Ai shout "enemy", and promptly died.
What we learned: In the words of the WALB Spetznaz:"хороший разведчик-мертвый разведчик"
[/allegedly]

Alex

Post by Alex »

Adv Oil Trouble
Bravo SLThings went well until we got into the vehicles (which is to say that things went downhill fast). Dancemoox grabbed his fireteam and drove off in a UAZ so I grabbed my own vehicle and gave chase. The rest of the Squad piled into a Ural to move to the oil field. Dance soon got into trouble when he ran into an entire enemy squad and was wiped out. I soon ran into the same group and died as well.

The 309 Take
Alpha 2 FTL
Using the art of bounding, I took my fireteam nearly through the entire mission intact until the squad lead died and took most of the squad with him. The only fireteam still functioning, we continued to advance towards the last objective before being pretty much wiped out by encircling enemies.

Manhunt
Officer 1
Discussed budgets with SuperU, took off my clothes, discussed policy and hid from the bad guys sent to kill us. as soon as the meeting ended, my companion was killed by a grenade tossed through the window. Left with no other choice, I charged naked at my assailant, killing him with my revolver and making my escape. It was short lived as the tires were soon shot out and I scrambled under the vehicle for cover. Bodge came to the rescue and bashed my brains out with his bumper.
(fake)

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

Manhunt

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Naked Alex is OP, nerf plz.

Seriously that revolver is stupidly strong, I put half a mag of my SMG into you and you hit me with one or two rounds :argh:

Anyway proof if proof was required that a sneaky recon moox is deadly with mini grenades :dance:
ramming speed!

Alex

Post by Alex »

dancemoox wrote:Seriously that revolver is stupidly strong, I put half a mag of my SMG into you and you hit me with one or two rounds :argh:
Strange, because rewatching my footage, I wasn't hit at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATjhB0Alt1s
(fake)

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

WrathzRevenge, when you are aiming, hold RMB to hold your breathing, it will improve your accuracy greatly for a while.

Aquarius press CTRL + RMB (I think) to cycle between the zoom levels.

Dancemoox you are supposed to but BOOLETS in the fleshy parts, not the walls and the ground :D

''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Alex

Post by Alex »

Been a long time since I've listened to that on Kefirz.
(fake)

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Kefirz wrote:Aquarius press CTRL + RMB (I think) to cycle between the zoom levels.
Yeah, I figured it out. I just saw the single scope tube and assumed there's no alt. setting.
[/allegedly]

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Kefirz wrote:WrathzRevenge, when you are aiming, hold RMB to hold your breathing, it will improve your accuracy greatly for a while.

:o

:siiigh:

I wasn't trained for this.
The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I would rebind it because it fucks up your aiming.