[Sun] 9th Feb 2014 (Meat grinder for everyone!)

How we died
Tigershark

[Sun] 9th Feb 2014 (Meat grinder for everyone!)

Post by Tigershark »

Big turn out this evening. Thanks to everyone who played and sorry for a few mission FUBARs

A2 Session
  • CoOp No Pardon - Vanilla Edition
  • Adv Oil Trouble
A3 Session
  • The 309 Take
  • Manhunt
  • Training Day
A total of 40 comrades attacked Altis head-on!
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

WrathzRevenge

Re: [Sun] 9th Feb 2014 (Meat grinder for everyone!)

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Oil Trouble... dancemoox should not be allowed to drive. Also rendering out the Arma 3 coop mission we did. Because that was fkin awesome and i'm so looking forward to doing more in the future if they'll all be like that.

The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

No Pardon
Bravo medic, got the whole left row of seats to myself in the Chinook. Didn't take long before I discovered why no one wanted to sit there...
THERE WERE BULLETMAGNETS UNDER THE SEATS! /dead

SuperÜ shall receive a gold star on his file for his skillz.

Oil Trouble
See Wrathz's video :P

A friendly reminder: PLEASE don't take a toyslot if you can't operate that vehicle properly.
You can always practice in the Editor or load up the Workshop mission on our server.

Medic Eugene Roe

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

I joined in progress toward the end of the first A3 mission, where I eventually ended up being surrounded in an isolated shack by CSAT infantry while switching to Bravo Channel (Alpha was wiped out).

In Manhunt, I led a fireteam where we waited for orders after landing and only saw maybe 1 or 2 enemies, and never really shot anyone. On the other hand, we could hear Recon's delightful firefight against the FIA, where it seems they or someone apparently killed the 2 FIA officers.

As for training day, we advanced along a gulley filled with reeds and bushes to the airfield, and along the way we probably lost one man per minute. Though, we only had about 14 to begin with. There was a helo with gunpods hovering about half the time, but he never seemed to do anything. It just hovered and then it buzzed us. Sadly, the armed Strider didn't wanna act similarly... though the RPG-42 that missed probably didn't help.

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

No Pardon
Deployed as CO Pancake
How do you know Carson is back? Because I'm a pancake Because Chinooks full of British dudes were sent teeth-first into hot LZ's and the loving embrace of enemy firearms. And it would have worked, but for that dastardly... friendly... pilot? A pancake is what I became when the Wildcat I was in landed ass-first in the grass. The title of this mission is prophetic, for there shall be no judicial clemency here, will there, your Honor? The Great Judge Makarov is infallibly fair and just in his rulings...

Special points to SuperU for an awesome performance at LZ AMERICUH! though.

Oil Troubles
Deployed as Fer's able man-slave, a.k.a. IndFor Alpha Medic
WrathzRevenge wrote:Point:

Counterpoint:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More seriously: As medic, Fer shoves me in the driver's seat so he can push wooden counters around the map in his lap in the passenger seat. I drive at a nice, reasonable, safe speed, taking the corners nice, slow, and gentle like I took your sister last week a heavily medicated swan. I come to a halt, I witness the slaughter, I prance about the compound for a few minutes, I see my beloved Fer go down to a bullet, I see a comrade jump to revive him, and I see a grenade end Fer's life far before his time. And then I shoot someone in the face and get shot in the face by his comrade. Not my most glorious moment, comrades, not at all.

The 309 Take
Deployed as Bravo 1 FTL
"B1 take the technical."
"Wait, we don't all fit, do we? How many seats are on this thing anyways?"
"Three."
:argh: :argh: :argh: Curse you ArmA 3 and your stupid, shitty passenger capacities!

As Bravo 1, we were late starting off. And due to a combination of ArmA 3's new weight-based fatigue system and a Squad Lead who kept us stuck on the outside of every single goddamn turn we made, we were always the last people to arrive. This was good, because we were always winded and completely unable to shoot when we arrived.

As we made our way around the perimeter, B2 somehow vanished into the ether never to be heard from again, B3 lost a dude, and in B1 we took one casualty. When our technical busted through some bushes and through Satire's hip on the other side. Let the record show that I was not behind the wheel. Let the record also show that I deserve a raise-- nevermind, Honorable Judge Makarov, you are totally right, I do all this out of the goodness of my comradely heart!

Eventually, Bravo had tactical-blobbed our way across the landscape with me pushing B1 to the vanguard, darting from low-stone wall to low-stone wall on an otherwise featureless dinner-plate. Our SL hadn't been paying attention in tactical movement classes, though, and he and our medic were mowed down alone on a ridgeline between a very widely dispersed B1 and B3, while B3 and Charlie were taken under fire.

I seized the reins like a Banana Republic Junta and ambled back to B3 and Charlie who had wiped out their foes rescued B3 and Charlie by descending upon their enemies like a vengeful angel. I then forcibly annexed Charlie Squad. Politely, of course - a certain civility must be maintained in international-- I mean, intersquad relations. Some minutes later, the last of Alpha died, leaving Bravo as the sole squad left in the region, which meant VICTORY! When I returned to the dacha, I was informed by the Honorable Judge Makarov that this was not, in fact, a game of Gal Civ II, and... uh... shown the error of my ways.

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Fluffeh

Post by Fluffeh »

No Pardon - A2 FTL
Alpha inserted via Chinook, but shortly after landing, the other helo carrying command and the weapons teams went down to our north. We pushed rapidly to attempt to secure the crash site, and began taking fire from multiple directions. After clearing the immediate threat and dealing with the wounded, we began to push towards the town. As I healed a downed ally, I was shot through a doorway (the barn had been cleared, but apparently an enemy shot through the length of it).

Oil Trouble - Opfor MMG Assistant
MMG tagged along behind Alpha as they landed and approached the objective, before setting up on a ridge facing north as a vehicle crested an opposing hill. We then proceeded to pour several hundred rounds of 7.62 into the hillside, disabling the vehicle and killing a few of the crew and nearby infantry. We then swept southeast to attempt to intercept enemy reinforcements, but were pinned down and killed by heavy enemy fire atop an oil derrick.

The 309 Take - Charlie 2 AT
This mission reminded me what Arma 3 can be at its best (so very, very pretty, and loads of fun), and I was frequently torn between forgoing my NVGs or missing out on the beautiful tracers. Charlie pushed westward from the swamp, laying heavy fire on enemy contacts and clearing out its first objective with only minor casualties. On our way north to the next objective, however, we ran into a clump of reeds housing some particularly nasty AI. Caught with little to work with for cover, we poured grenades and gunfire into the foliage, but when it was all said and done, all that remained of Charlie was CSL, his medic, 2 from C2, and a lone survivor of C1. We regrouped and began the long run east towards friendlies. After meeting up with Bravo, we continued eastward, but soon stumbled upon another cluster of enemies. B3 and Charlie engaged in a rather nasty firefight (where I was reminded just how much needing 3 hits to kill with 5.56 rounds sucks - particularly under LMG fire) that left CSL and BSL facedown in the dirt, leaving B1 FTL as our new glorious leader. Victory was declared soon after.

Manhunt - AAF Alpha Medic
I started having some rather nasty network issues, so my apologies to my team for leaving you medic-less for much of the mission, but apparently we didn't need one, as the officers were dispatched in short order.

Training Day - MMG Gunner
My network problems seemingly resolved, I tagged along with A3, setting up on a hill overlooking the airfield we would soon attack. Unfortunately, we would never get the chance, as a patrol of EI wandered up the hill to our left. They were within twenty meters of us when I spotted them - initially I mistook them for A3. Looking to my right, I saw the actual A3, realized my mistake, turned to fire, and was immediately gunned down at close range, along with everyone else.

360 Security: Even in the future, it still matters.
It's not gay if you have combat boots on.

head

Post by head »

The 309 Take
ASL - SL
Great mission, tho i wouldn't minded a full compliment of techies to transport us, it was really pretty.
For some reason, most likely just the right amount of alcohol, i felt pretty in the zone for commanding, supported by pro l33t FT, we were able to swiftly engage and destroy our enemies, until we ran into a enemy squad at 100m...

Manhunt
Indy - TH1

Flew around in a bird, executed tactical destroy enemy hearing with the use of my helicopter.
Looking forward to play this with more comrades.

Training Day
Got shot in the face 5 min.

Extra

I feel like the inclusion of MRCO in the coop mission was a very nice choice, engagement ranges are generally longer and with A3 recoil (compared to A2 non existing recoil) its really to hit something with the ACO above 200 m.

More missions with MRCO, i say!

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Here are some screen shots from last night:

Ice having a jam fit - probably a good thing he had the row to himself..

C2 suppressing the crap out of an EI patrol on 309

Wolfs recon drone takes to the sky, not pictured is it falling from the sky when he breaks the link..

Also not pictured is my sweet grenade kill of Super after my Spetznaz sneak into town..
ramming speed!

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Wolfs recon drone takes to the sky, not pictured is it falling from the sky when he breaks the link..
That's the problem. When I broke the link it never fell from the sky. Instead it kept flying around merrily, while I was chasing it Benny Hill style :argh:

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

And here is the A3 coop mission 'The 309 Take'. Need more of these coop missions for A3 please :O

The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"