[Sun] 16 Feb 2014 (Tigershark sees penises)

How we died
fer

[Sun] 16 Feb 2014 (Tigershark sees penises)

Post by fer »

Missions (ArmA 2):
  • Crash Site
  • Roadside
  • Goose Chase
  • Broney
Missions (ArmA 3):
  • Combined Assault (Yes I keep forcing you to play this to know how many enemies are needed to handle a full platoon... or something :laugh: )
  • Random Engagements - Attacker Victory!
  • Smugglers - Dogface's new mission got a proper test and feedback. Can't wait to play it proper!
  • Sky Track 3000 - "Beware of falling cars"
An extremely healthy count of 48 brave comrades heeded the Party's call tonight, and - rather encouragingly - amongst them appeared to number some new or returning faces. The ArmA 2 segment of the session ended well over 3 hours from the start, with some really excellent action throughout. Thank you to everyone for coming, and in particular for coming for showing up at the beginning - it makes a hell of a difference for us hosts ...

... because it means we can kick things off with an adversarial meat grinder, such as Crash Site. In the misty dusk, BLUFOR's choice of LZs made it first to the crash site, but how we paid for that privilege. Wide open spaces? Don't loiter in them! Then it was daytime, and in a dusty mountain pass the whole FA platoon went fully Eddie Stobart, fighting off hordes of mountain insurgents and recovering a metric fuck-tonne of trucks from an ambushed convoy. We've completed Roadside once before, but tonight there was a sting in the tail: with the mission seemingly over, Alpha was counter-ambushed and took losses almost within sight of home. There wasn't time for crying, as an excellent play-through of Goose Chase reminded us why becoming distracted by circling helicopters is good for ground-based enemies creeping up on you, and very bad for your health. Finally, we returned to Takistan for quite possibly the best run of puppeteer mission, Broney, that I've ever seen. The Party-supplied mist enabled flank, counter-flank, counter-counter-flank, counter-- eh, you get the idea. Great stuff.

Remember: Folk ARPS is transitioning to ArmA 3 soon! :v:

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU's FA doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

thekev506

Re: [Sun] 16 Feb 2014 (Tigershark sees penises)

Post by thekev506 »

Road Side - B3 AT
Late to the party due to some game issues I jump into an RPG slot in Homercleese's fireteam. We're to bound as a squad along the ridgeline of the canyon and deal with contacts until we can recapture the trucks and extract. Though there are numerable contacts around us (and quite close) we somehow end up engaging targets right above alpha on the other side of the canyon, whom alpha are completely unawares of. We also end up at the back of the squad much of the time and subsequently miss out on a lot of the action, but this also means we are kept in one piece. Our team was investigating contacts on the far side of the ridge when the order came in to jump in the trucks and skidaddle, leading to a hasty run back and some very fancy low-level flying by Delta's helo as we make our leave.

Goose Chase - B2 AAR
Goose Chase was my first ever mission with the party back in 2012 and is still one of my favourites. Our squad tries to fast-deploy by helo and intercept the precious cargo based on their estimated movements rather than spotting them, but have little luck. As we get picked up to redeploy Zensos clips a tree with his rotor and almost loses control, but is just able to recover and get us out of there (not before someone panics and ejects, though.) As we touch down we can hear Alpha being engaged and move to flank their position, but we're quickly engaged also and I'm taken out for some unknown direction.

Broney - B3 FTL (I guess Sunday was the night of Bravo)
Rather than our usual 'smash through the centre' approach to this mission, Bravo squad is tasked with taking a very lengthy detour to arrive - preferably undetected - at the southwestern edge of the town. What follows is possibly one of the greatest games of jogging simulator 2014 I've ever played, 10/10 would jog again.
The sneaky part of our plan worked well enough, and we found ourselves (thanks to AR Fer's keen spotting) facing the rear of a few enemies in minarets and rooves of buildings - the kinds of places a puppetmaster would set up! Once the squad had deployed correctly we opened up and took out the first wave of contacts, then moving into the town and pushing on, dealing with light resistance. Bravo was tasked with clearing some compounds to the south, so I set my AR up to provide overwatch as the rest of my team cleared. We were making good progress and the fireteams were coordinating really well, then I made the rookie error of taking on a compound alone and got deaded pretty quick.
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

pvtbones

Post by pvtbones »

Crash Site
Asl for blufor (I believe)
Alpha was originally tasked with landing just outside AO but due to fog, the CO ordered the pilot to land roughly smack dab in the middle to speed up our locating the wreckage. where we landed had no cover nor any close enough to really run too. we soon came under fire and got slowly torn apart from enemies in the hills and trees while bravo secured the wreck and stuff happened??

Roadside
BSL
I got the glorious honour of being first command element to die for the party!! my plan was pretty simple, get everyone up the hill quick quick quick. which I have to say. bravo did very well, so props to you guys! once we up the hill we immediately started seeing enemies on our hill and the opposite one Alpha was on, both far away and up close. we engaged them with gusto. myself shooting and launching GP rounds from my poor rock cover. Then the thought occured to me: "I'm not in very good cover I should move to better cover.." and was promptly shot the moment I started moving. Bodge did a excellent job taking over Bravo. just stay away from rocks bodge :P

Goose Chase
A1 Ftl
A1 consisted of Myself, Lynche, and Stoner. I like to think we were team Alpha badass, while A2 was team greenies trying to show off how cool they are :P (kidding of course :) ) We landed at our LZ to the west of Mog in an attempt to intercept any indfor moving east with ASL while A2 tried a risky rooftop landing on the castle north of us where they lost 2 in the attempt (1 successfully got out while one stayed in the chopper.) and then the A2 ftl got arma'd by a wall. The pings revealed the hostages were going north so we had to haul ass north to A2 to get back on the chopper and land north of the hostages position and the three of us went south as superU took fire from stary sobor. prehaps we should of moved at a bit slower pace but we really wanted to intercept the hostages before they got ahead of us. we basically blundered into the enemy while they were all preoccupied shooting at superU above who was strafing them with the sole survivor from A2 on the gun. I think the ASL was behind a little ways but I'm not sure. Stoner got injured while we took out the first enemy and Lynche was ordered to give him assistance while I pushed forward to try and keep pressure on them.

I ran out onto a road where bodge got the drop on me and we traded fire and I went prone hoping to trick bodge into thinking he killed me and kept shooting him till he infact died. I was almost in the middle of them, I died from someone else shortly after, Stoner and Lynche died shortly before me.

Broney
IFV 1(1?) driver
We drove around for a bit getting behind Alpha. shortly after linking up with them we took a RPG shot to our left track leaving us barely mobile (but only on downhill slopes) so we wiggled walked (wiggle drove?) out way forward at an inch an hour until we were able to hit a down slope and could actually move forward at the pace of not-death.
we got to another intersection where I saw contacts up in the hills to the north and faced the IFV towards the enemy, and was shortly after ordered to proceed south. and we took another RPG that killed out gunner and the IFV. then myself and the ifv commander ran around with the remains of alpha.

Combined Assault
CO/ASL/JTAC
I'm not CO often, it still terrifies me to a fair degree but I stepped up to the proverbial landmine plate and sent Alpha south through the marsh. My game plan was too sweep south clearing out and hostile we meet and then proceed up the hill to clear out the AA nest in order to give Hera unrestricted airspace to cover us. then push through Zaros with the tank close by us to protect it. and onward to the last two objectives. Surprisingly things went almost to plan. We cleared the marsh and the village after it with minimal losses. I sent the tank northward around the marsh unsupported (unwise I know but I wasn't confident it would be able to make it through the marsh, and I hoped hera would be able to cover both Alpha and Theia from the air) and only encountered moderate resistance when we started crossing the stream inlet. We lost Hera somewhere around this point?

we had to double back to rescue A1 who when too far north and encountered a enemy patrol. then we crossed again and proceed to push to a street of houses below the hill. I wanted to to quickly sweep the immediate area hopefully preventing us from getting shot in the back. it didn't but we managed to pour enough fire back down at them quick enough that we didn't lose a man. the assault on the actual AA nest was a bit more difficult and as we cleared it we engaged enemies on the other slope of the hill. the plan was to lightning strike up the hill then retreat back down from where we came from. That proved to be someone difficult getting everyone to stop shooting and retreat.

Once we got back down the hill the tank somehow... exploded. so we proceeded through zaros trying not to get bogged down in firefights (we did) and get slowly whittled down to maybe 6-8 brave comrades. upon which we found the remains of dancemoox's shoddy piloting :P
after that we did a brave charge on the solar power plant.

Denel

Post by Denel »

Another helicopter piloted by SuperU goes down in flames...

For Reza our leaders, for Neocron the party, for the people...

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Crash Site: Opfor B1 FTL. My AR (Rook) disconnected just as we touched down NE of the red circle. We trekked through forests and could hear the enemy fighting AI for control of the C130. At one point we took sporadic fire from nowhere in particular - I think it was crossfire from some far away battle (I love the rare moments where that happens and it confuses the hell out of you). We closed in on the site and layed down a lot of fire on Blufor's ad hoc LZs. I don't really know who won.

Roadside: B2 FTL.
pvtbones wrote:Bodge did a excellent job taking over Bravo.
That was actually me. B1 didn't have CC so I stepped up. This was probably the fourth time I've ended up as SL and I can never seem to filter the voices, but I don't think I did too badly.

Goose Chase: Opfor B1 AR. Our FT was told to run in formation just slightly ahead of the hostages. This task proved simple thanks to Waffly's endless barrage of arboreal wisdom.

Broney: Opfor A3 FTL. Most of A3 was wiped out by the onslaught of an entire IceRaiser.

Combined Assault: Blufor A2 FTL.
pvtbones wrote:I'm not CO often, it still terrifies me to a fair degree but I stepped up to the proverbial landmine plate
Well, it was a fun game, and you did a good job. :hist101:

IceRaiser: I've got the footage of your pistol tracers. I can hear you firing and see the tracers (no one else is firing), but as soon as I look at you to check, the tracers stop. Could be a bug.

Satire

Post by Satire »

We knew what we were getting into...

Also, within 60 seconds I was dead too, having been Arma'ed when I proned next to a treacherous stone wall.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.