[Tue] 18 Feb 2014 (Convoy killers)

How we died
StrangLove

[Tue] 18 Feb 2014 (Convoy killers)

Post by StrangLove »

Tonight we had a lovely turnout of 28 comrades undertaking an assortment of missions across varying A2 terrains.
Missions tonight were:

Arma 2
  • Holy Stones
  • From The Sea
  • Internecine (Merkel Edition)
  • Belenus
  • ChernOLO
Arma 3
  • Thorn
  • Smugglers
  • Training Day
As ever, post comments/reports/the like below, and don't forget about our V+ mod sessions on Friday nights, and our Sunday sessions on Sundays.

IceRaiser

Re: [Tue] 18 Feb 2014 (Convoy killers)

Post by IceRaiser »

I'm not gonna say that you're doing it wrong buuuut... you're doing it wrong.

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Session was neat, like small painted stone.

Belenus -- MMG Asst

A surprisingly long-lasting Shapur raid, MMG and another fireteam got sent to occupy Shapur 3, in the north, while the more adventurous fireteams headed to the more southerly climes in order to get shot by Brits more quickly. INinja's big gun fired many bullets at the bad men, who all fell down. Filled with pluck, we advanced with our comrades, only to hear the worrying rumble of a heavy vehicle. MAT was next to me pointing a rocket at the approaching Warriors but announced that he couldn't fire as there were two of them. I cajoled him out of this nonsense but only when the first IFV had pulled sedately up alongside us. Boom! Dakkadakkadakka! We all died (except the Warrior of course).

CHernOLOLOLOLOL - COMMANDER OF ROCK

I ordered us to attack, and we did. When I arrived at the cop station I found some of my comrades crowded around the roof, where two naughty cops had perched themselves. My cunning plan of climbing up the ladder nearly succeeded, until it failed. Dancemoox managed to survive long enough to injure a few people and taunt many, but eventually got bopped in the bonce by a bullet.

Thorn - A1 FTL

We approached the FIA-occupied town cautiously, our two forces sighting in on a couple of enemy guard towers together and opening fire with ferocity. However, the ferocity was a little too much for most of my fireteam to handle except for me, and they all died. Picking up my AT's rowcket lowncher, I dashed about supporting A3 and then running over to Iceraiser to poke him until he healed me. At this stage the ASL got kilteded, and I took over as the squad leaderer. We swept out a few bad dudes before heading out to the hills, where we got mown down - except for Iceraiser, who stripped down, danced the dance of his people, and ran screaming at the enemy pistol-first. It brought a tear to my eye.

Training Day - CO

I had a lot of fun with this one, especially because it ran smooth as butter compared to some other A3 missions.

Essentially we had to traipse downhill to clear out an occupied air-strip, then go steal some boats on the coast to escape. The traipsing went swimmingly, with everyone in a nice neat formation that enabled us to react quickly and decisively to the few patrols we met along the way. We eventually got down into "Walkzor gully" and started taking more heavy contacts, but we kept on slowly and steadily fighting our way forwards, with contacts being called out and then instantly massacred with very loud and withering concentrations of fire. However an MRAP eventually caused my doom and subsequently that of my squad. Boo!

Smugglers SMUGGLEFOR A2 no A1 no A2 FTL

Making missions and having people play them is cool. :D However apparently I need to work on making missions that people can understand. :D Our job was to hack a UGV patrolling around up in robot country, take it to the coast, load it onto a boat and cover its escape, while CSAT sea ninjas tried to stop us. After some initial confusion including me having forgotten to slot someone in the boat, we headed off into the night, with Iceraiser and the hacker taking the high road south to recover the boat and guide the UGV, while the rest of us took the low road north towards the beach at Girna.

Unfortunately the low road was being watched, and as our technicals approached the town we heard the low chonk of a UGL followed by an orange flower blooming under the rear axle of our lead technical. Panicking, fleeing and firing blindly, we tried to punch through the ambush but the ambush punched back and most of us were wiped out.

This left boatdriver Ice and the haxx0r still alive, along with Denel(?), who had managed to drop several CSAT spooks and steal their fancy kit, one or two of whom survived. However, with them being unable to locate or get to the new meeting point at Jay cove, the match was called.

Based on feedback I'm making the following changes for the next version:

* FIA now start next to the UGV and it is made clearer what they have to do with it.
* Briefings and markers give fuller and hopefully clearer information about what's supposed to happen in general.
* All markers to do with the "Ground Exclusion Zone" are gone - they were just story bumpf anyway.
* CSAT GLs removed.
* Spare boats for CSAT stashed along the coast. Should stop them getting stranded.
* FIA have a spare UGV in case one gets destroyed/disabled (they still only have to loot one).
* FIA ground troops now have a means to escape the island, at the Spartan monument/lighthouse.
* FIA can escape without a shipment, or recover the shipment without escaping, to draw the match.
* Unused vehicles no longer spawn, to avoid faffing at the start.
* FIA Offroad teams rearranged, now have an FTL and a quadbike scout.
* FIA UGV(s) will now auto-travel to the coast if the hacker dies/isn't slotted.
* If the boat is slotted with AI it will now try to go meet the UGV by itself.

Should be up soon. :)

Satire

Post by Satire »

Holy Stones - A2 FTL Azozfor

Azoz's insurance policy killed us all damnit!

From the Sea - CO

I really liked this one. Usually when I CO an ambush mission something goes wrong somewhere, but this went like clockwork.

Plan was simple, Alpha get the fun job of a frontal attack through the shallows while Bravo loops around to hit the northern half of town. Everything went well, and we had the town under control quickly.

I had originally wanted to hit the convoy outside of town but visibility was crap, so the ambush site became the main road. We set up a captured M240 humvee to block the road and within the confines of the town, our RPG's did great work. Sure, a rought M1A1 may have decimated Alpha but it died in the end. :lol:

A quck sweep found and killed the enemy officer and we sailed off int othe (murky) sunset for tea and medals.

Internecine (Merkel Edition) - B2 Indfor

I spent most of the mission sat in a building at the back of town with Super, then we went outside and blindsided a fireteam. Nice.

Belenus - ASL

I was told by out CO that I wasn't being aggresive enough.

So I ordered an advance.

Might have been too aggressive because I died...

ChernOLO

I can't remember much, apart from dying to a random explosion

Thorn - A3 FTL

OK, sorry about the double briefing. And the AI developing Captain Kirk skillz around towers. Also NATO dudes. They should not have been there. The mission has been taken outside and hit with firm sticks as penance. I might also stop making missions at 4am...

Other than that, A3 killed a technical, shot some dudes, cleared some rooms and then died after we all bunched up around a corner and died to one GP blast. :suicide:

Smugglers OFPOR A1 FTL
Dogface wrote: Based on feedback I'm making the following changes for the next version:

* CSAT GLs removed.
:laugh:

Training Day - MAT Assistant

Not much to say here, shot a few dudes on the way to the target, got killed by a Strider.

All in all a fun session. Since Thorn and Training Day were my creations, any feedback is welcome.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.