[Fri] 22nd Feb [V+] (Live fast, Flip Jackals)

How we died
Satire

[Fri] 22nd Feb [V+] (Live fast, Flip Jackals)

Post by Satire »

Many thanks to the brave 20 comrades who attended this Friday for a romp through the exotic lands of V+, to play with Warriors and witness the unprovoked execution of Gary Barlow.

Our missions were

Dire Straits
Radio Free Hazar
Jackal Jaunt XL
HOSTages - Zargabad edition
Crash Landing
Stiff Upper Lip

Afterparty
Chologorsk
Infection
Gun Game @ Rog
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Mr-Link

Re: [Fri] 22nd Feb [V+]

Post by Mr-Link »

Obligatory:

Gary who ?

Now then, I think we have all learned few valuable lessons today, some new, some old:

1) Don't let the AI steal your choppers.

2) Don't let Dancemoox drive.....anything......with wheels.

3) Don't back up your IFV without looking behind you (Sorry Croc's team).

4) Don't piss off Draakon (or shoot him by mistake.....I'm soo sorry ).

5) Don't ever question the relevance of famous Latino celebrities from the 90's.

6) Don't let Zombies go for a swim.

7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.
Last edited by Mr-Link on Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

dancemoox

Re: [Fri] 22nd Feb [V+] Live fast, Flip Jackals

Post by dancemoox »

All in a rather cracking session, thanks Satire for hosting.

Curse those imperialists for stealing our rides!!
ramming speed!

AntlerOwl

Post by AntlerOwl »

Dire Straits
I wasn't there for the first mission. I was busy digesting my disgust dinner, my signature dish "Heart Fucker 2k14". It's tortellini, tomato sauce, cheese, wrapped in a ball of mincemeat, that again is wrapped completely in bacon. Then some more tomato sauce added on top, and some cheese sprinkled on that. 30-40 minutes in the oven on medium-high heat. You're ready for cardiac arrest.

Radio Free Hazar
Man, ACRE adversarials are the best. As one of the defenders I given a rocket launcher to hit the incoming with. Luckily for the helicopter and it's passengers I can't aim the RPG-7 at all. I hit a house, almost taking one of our own people down in the rubble. Good job so far. After that began a long and strenuous hike to flank the bad guys that now had landed and were moving towards the objective we were defending. A bit of running and begging people to not friendly fire me later, I found myself looking at a dude aiming right at me. I think we stared at each other for a good 3-4 seconds before I opened fire. Stupidly lucky, so thanks for sharing my hesitance to shoot at unidentified people. Soon, thanks to the wonders of ACRE I hear voices. Aw yiss, time to shoot some peeps I can do that kinda ish. So I killed three people in a short-ish firefight, and downed a fourth one. As I got the last guy, he got me too, so I was down, bleeding and kinda out of bullets. So, back to ACRE magic I start shouting at the rest of the enemies to come over and have a chat. Seeing as I'm empty, bleeding and incapacitated I was hoping for a good show of faith. Draakon, that beautiful man runs up to me, taking my word when I said I was unarmed. A bit more distressing was the fact that he'd pulled out a pistol. Execution ahoy. Instead he chose to press me for information regarding the whereabouts of my team mates. In a crying voice I told him I couldn't betray my comrades, but Draakon told me he was gonna shoot me if I didn't. Mustering up my famed bravery, I shouted "THEY'RE AT MY POSITION" on the radio. I was summarily shot in the head by Draakon, the bastard.

Jackal Jaunt XL
My first, or second (I can't quite remember) time commanding a CO-OP. It was a rather sticky mess. A lack of clear direction, really unfortunate things happening (What the hell Dancemoox) and a final dashing and dastardly plan that worked surprisingly well. Just drive full speed, don't stop for casualties and blow stuff up in paper thin open vehicles. Tough gig, but that's how it goes.

HOSTages - Zargabad edition
Singing, shooting and I got revenge on Draakon so that's not bad. BLUFOR took it's sweet time getting there, though.

Crash Landing
CO'd again, stuck myself in the top of the minaret and tried to direct fireteams to be the most effective, while also getting some kills myself. Ended up at 30-something with my trusty AK, so that's a new record for me with FA. Anyway, we survived 'till the end, 7-ish people got out alive and I'm pretty happy about that. Do give me some feedback on the talky bits though, I might have overdone it with the words and all. It's all a bit of a blur.

Stiff Upper Lip
Had to go AFK as my housemate lit the kitchen on fire. When I came back, I ran in the direction of my FTL, only to find him dead on the ground. "Oh dear," I thought to myself "if he's dead, I probably shouldn't be standing :psyboom:
And that was the end of that.

Anyway, super fun session, thank you Satire, and it was cool to try my hand at commanding a bit.

Satire

Post by Satire »

AntlerOwl wrote:
Jackal Jaunt XL
My first, or second (I can't quite remember) time commanding a CO-OP. It was a rather sticky mess. A lack of clear direction, really unfortunate things happening (What the hell Dancemoox) and a final dashing and dastardly plan that worked surprisingly well. Just drive full speed, don't stop for casualties and blow stuff up in paper thin open vehicles. Tough gig, but that's how it goes.
You did well, Jackal Jaunt is what I'd call a "total cluster-fuck" and the XL version is really meant to be for Sunday size sessions. Sending us back for new vehicles was a smart move and it's good to see that you realised that making the bold rush forwards would regain momentum. And you did better than I did running things last time we ran it !

I'll just add that on Crash Landing you may have been broadcasting only on the 148/117 rather than the 343. It's a minor thing, but only FTL's will be able to hear you talk, the rest of us grunts can't. Of course we can talk back on the 343 which may lead to confusion if you get a report from us, you query it and get no response. Still, good job on both counts!

PS: Heart Fucker 2k14 sounds amazing
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Pr3sario

Re: [Fri] 22nd Feb [V+] (Live fast, Flip Jackals)

Post by Pr3sario »

Thank you for the session, the part I was there for anyway! Was fun.

I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

I found this clip and think it's from Stiff Upper Lip when the IFV drove over mines. I mostly like it because Dancemoox called me a twat.

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Crocuta wrote:I found this clip and think it's from Stiff Upper Lip when the IFV drove over mines. I mostly like it because Dancemoox called me a twat.

In such a loving way ;)
ramming speed!

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

I'm glad that you appreciated my medical insight. :v:

Here's a clip from Radio Free Hazar of Draakon interrogating a wounded Antler.

(I'm just clearing out old footage.)