[Sat] 14 Jun (Meowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeow)

How we died
Satire

[Sat] 14 Jun (Meowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeow)

Post by Satire »

Thanks to the peak of 19 comrades who turned up for tonight's V+. Plenty of PTSD was had as per usual.

Our missions were:
  • Coastal Road
  • Random Engagement - Sahrani Edition
  • Cache and Carry
  • Capraia Raid
  • HOSTages: Zargabad Edition
  • Cholo
  • Infection
  • Clear Backblast
  • Outpost Bean
Please leave your feedback and gubbins as always!
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Cam

Re: [Sat] 14 June (Meowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeow)

Post by Cam »

Random Engagements (Sahrani)
On BLUFOR.
Playing as Alpha SL.

M: Awaitz
A1: IceRaiser
A2: DanceMoox

So much nostalgia (and repressed memories). It even still has the hard-coded statement that gives me the Deploy Location addAction that I left in while I was testing and never got around to fixing.

Still, we went with a fairly simple plan in the end, despite my attempts to be all clever about it. I was hopeful that our enemies would be spread out in the town, and so I went with the strategy of having A1 act as a clearing force down in the southern edge of the town, with A2 waiting in reserves to act as a QRF when we made contact with the enemy. Instead, everyone on OPFOR was hiding on the hilltop fortress. Typical communists. After a lengthy search of the town, with a single contact taken out, we assaulted the fortress, losing A2 in the process but winning thanks to the courageous actions of Ardyvee and A1. I fell off some scaffolding (completely intentionally, it was a confusion tactic) and died from gunfire in midair (also intentional, for some reason I haven't thought of yet).

Cache and Carry (CLAfghan)
On BLUFOR.
Playing as CO.

ASL: IceRaiser
BSL: Dogface
MMG (MAT): DanceMoox

I'm so sorry. I didn't know. I just didn't know it would end like this. I was dreaming of medals and glory, and then there were corpses everywhere.

Forgive me father, for I have sinned.

[Awesome session though, glad to see things running so smoothly. Apologies for any PTSD suffered from our horrific defeat. In my defense, DanceMoox is clearly to blame.]

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

Coastal Road - A2 AT guy
The plan was kept simple - we crawl along the roadside, engaging threats as we move along. The fireteams bound along and move around one another for a hundred metres or so, then we meet resistance and all hell breaks loose. The problem is the sheer face of the hillside we're stood next to - it makes it difficult to spot enemy movement up above, and we repeatedly find ourselves being attacked from behind. As we're dealing with one such rear threat a BRDM speeds up to us and starts causing havoc. Our IFV is quick enough to deal with it with its GMG, but some infantry (myself included) are quite close to the BRDM, and I get pretty beaten up by the GMG fire.
Not enough to kill me, though! The CO is killed and the IFV is knocked out shortly after I get back up, so the infantry plod their way into the city. After dealing with some resistance another fireteam recognise the unmistakable hum of armour, approaching quite close. Soon after it's spotted - two T72s and a BMP, but the squad's AT assets are all used up. I have my FTL lay down smoke so I can run to an enemy body and take their RPG, where I'm able to deal with the BMP. Rinse and repeat for the first T72, but the last one got me.

Random Engagement
Skipped this one.

Cache and Carry - A1 AR
I think the less said about this one the better.

Capraia Raid - A2 FTL
Will fill this one out later
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Coastal Road: A2 FTL. I ended up being field-promoted to CO which was much more stress-free than what I was expecting. Mercifully, the rocks swallowed me in time for the onslaught of armour.

Random Engagements: Opfor CO. I was making a mission in Ortego before the session and wondered if the hill fortress would make a fun place to defend so gave it a shot. Spitnam had exactly the same idea and could hardly hold his excitement. The plan clearly wasn't airtight because it ended with 1 Opfor hiding behind a pillow, and that's with even teams.
It even still has the hard-coded statement that gives me the Deploy Location addAction that I left in while I was testing and never got around to fixing.
I saw that while poking around in the pbo. Admin4life. :cop:

Cache and Carry: A2 AT. I drove us to the intersection of a river where we got screwed up from behind by a handful of EI. See what happens when you get rid of SPGs, Satire. Put five in the next version and we're pretty much guaranteed victory. :v:

Capraia Raid: A1 FTL. A much less murderous run than the last time we played this.

HOSTages: Opfor A1 AAR. I suddenly exploded and I don't know why.