How we died
fer

[Sun] 20 February 2011

Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Czech Mate
  • Shilkas of Nur #1
  • Shilkas of Nur #2
Big thanks to all who made it tonight. Despite our small numbers, we still managed to demonstrate to those AI that nobody does FAIL better than folk. Especially when it involves rockets.

:coolbert:

DM

Re: [Sun] 20 February 2011

Post by DM »

fer wrote:nobody does FAIL better than folk. Especially when it involves rockets.:
The shame...
THE SHAME

:siiigh:

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Great missions.

As mission lead for the 2nd try at Shilkas of Nur I took a more aggressive approach to getting our first Shilka. It helped we knew where it was and roughly the enemy composition. We also had roughly 2 fireteams to work with.

With each FT in a Humvee and an extra Humvee for command (an intentional plan to give us an extra Humvee in case something happened to one of the others) we headed off with instructions for the Humvee teams to advance and use a "fix and fire" technique to eliminate opposition. We took out the first Shilka rather effectively and quickly with only one rocket required (a first).

From there things got a little hairy. I moved the fireteams SW to engage a 2nd Shilka that we found after scouting a little north of the first Shilka.
We had to push through some opposition on the way and then stopped at the waypoint just south of the 2nd shilka. It appears I over reached a little and we came under immediate fire from the hill hosting the shilka.

Jefke's team was on point and his M2 gunner must have been hit because they weren't returning fire. I ran to his humvee and jumped on the M2 to take out the 4 to 5 infantry engaging us from there. They must have been 2nd cousins of the shilka (or at least Facebook friends) because at this the Shilka swiveled his turret to the humvee I was in and lit me up like a pair of Katy Perry's breasts in a MTV video.

I screamed across the radio that the shilka was going to engage the humvee and that I had also crapped my pants but in my haste to get out I twirled the scroll wheel on my mouse and selected "move to back seat". This had the advantage of giving me an excellent view point as multiple large calibre bullets punctured the wind screen and subsequently my body. Soon the humvee exploded taking out comrade Jefke and possibly others.

From that point I watched from the Shilka as someone from the AT team blew up a sandbag wall in front of the shilka and then finally the shilka itself.

After this, I watched the remaining troops retreat to a small clearing with a half buried mine car where they proceeded to roast marshmallows and ask that the shilkas Facebook account be removed before they came under fire from forces who who were rapidly approaching them. This seemed to spur them into action getting into the humvees and continuing on to charge the town.

In the town it was was fun watching Igor dodge TWO rpgs fired at him (did I mention he was next to a gas pump). Then as Igor watched his comrades do a convincing impression of bullet magnets he cried out like a little girl until the feeling of hot searing lead made him feel like Paris Hilton's vagina after the Golden Globes.

Was a fun mission and a welcome change playing BLUFOR.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Housemaster

Post by Housemaster »

I really enjoyed last night. The first attempt at the Shilka mission was a debacle to the point of hilarity: the AT gunners couldn’t hit anything; the medic couldn’t heal anyone and one of the Humvee drivers kept ramming other Humvees - serious immaturity, perhaps a demotion is in order? I love how the mission turned into a search for an RPG tube, like some sort of bizarre Easter egg hunt. I have to say that I found using the M4s and M16A2s quite difficult – it seemed to take a lot of hits to kill an enemy. Also the iron-sights on the M16/M203 seem way off, not sure if anyone else found this to be the case?

It’s a shame that the audacious plan in the first mission failed. If we had pulled it off it would have been truly amazing.

fer

Post by fer »

Czech Mate

CO: Fer
|- M: Housemaster

The flight out was scenic, although in the darkness of the military cockpit I couldn't see my in-flight meal very well and ended up spilling white wine all over my trousers. This would have been embarrassing, but thankfully everyone was distracted by the flight hostess shouting at Tigershark, who had locked himself in the loo to have a cigarette.

At the RV point we had a wonderful view over the little valley between us and the complex of oil installations where the target was located. With Alpha FTL mort and others, I tracked UAZs and EI frollicking on the roads. Oh, it was such a gay scene of rural contentment. Naturally, my first inclination was to take everyone for a refreshing walk in this most lovely countryside, and so comrade mort set off at the head of our small column, bound for a delightful little hamlet in the valley below.

The houses were all built in the charming local style, with walled gardens and a dark-biege finish that is simply beautiful at dusk. As we passed amongst them we were shielded from the gaze of nearby EI and a passing UAZ, which was merciful considering that - with my still wine-soaked trousers - I was in no state to entertain polite company. In fact, so desperate was I to avoid such an eventuality that as we crossed a road I ordered everyone to fall into a ditch and then ascend the slope by means of crawling up a handy gulley. At the summit we were all perfectly covered in dust and grime from head to toe, and it was clear that we should have to change our outfits completely if we had any intention of engaging the locals in polite conversation.

Thus resigned, I had the men crawl upon their bellies until at last we had penetrated the walls of a nearby compound. Until this point we had successfully evaded contact with the locals, but soon realised that in order to reach the target - in the next compound - we should most likely have to make ourselves known. I was descending into quite a funk when - flash! - I spied a handy gantry that rose from our present position and extended the full distance to where our target was reportedly ensconced. What joy! Why, in the confined cage of the gantry my men would surely be safe from harm, and it should deliver them right into the midst of the enemy, whereupon we should do him some gentle mischief and then withdraw for tea.

Alas, as I commanded my men to prepare for this lofty advance, we were contacted by some locals in the most rude fashion. Gunfire was exchanged and though most of my men were able to reach the gantry, Tigershark and Housemaster were left behind to conclude (in the most forceful manner possible) our discucssions with the interlopers. I bade these two farewell and mounted the gantry myself.

Double alas! For the enemy fixed upon us in the gantry, and thereafter we survived only a short time. Our walk in the countryside was ruined, and I expired.

:suicide:

DM

Post by DM »

Czech mate

Shilkas of Nur

(Specifically, Igor getting nailed by a well thrown 'nade)

:)