[Tue] 22 February 2011 (USA)

How we died
theG57

[Tue] 22 February 2011 (USA)

Post by theG57 »

Well due to powers beyond me and apprently the interent. We had some sporatic internet lag issues with the server. So this gaming session was hard or :bang: yeah that would be more like it. But we pushed on any way and tried to perform as well as we could.

Players attended:
Watooce, Mega_S7 and Me.

Missions Played:
  • CordonBlue: Damn I hate this mission, why you gotta be so mean to us Fer? Tried to do a southern route to freedom. Only to be cut up by a m113. That happened to find me first and wipe me out, along with the building I was in. Same thing happened to Watooce and Mega the 113 just mowed them down... :owned:
  • Zargabod Safari x2: Well this is when the server lag issues came up. Things got real bad and we tried to play this mission twice only to be killed. Though we did try to use the chopper as air support the 1st time. This didn't work out since Watooce and Mega went down. I landed the bord only to be shot up by 2 Raks. The next assualt or second try, I gave Mega and Watooce an airlift to the airport. Then I got discoed several times. Only to return to find Watooce and Mega under a pile of debris. After which I was shot dead and the mission ended... :owned:
  • Tombstone: WOW! We got further this time then ever. We cleared out the main wandering first wave of forces only to lose Mega as cost for it. Watooce and me proceed onward. Then Watooce & his brave rifle we'red taken out before there prime. I was the last, I kept going from building to outhouse. I would find a stray Cowboy wandering around and shoot the coconut off their shoulders. Moved on only to be wounded, but survived. Finally while clearing out a shack I was tally wagged or shot dead in my boots. Last I heard from Mega and Watooce there was 9 or 8 enemy Cowboys left. So close yet so far...
I did reset the server to try and fix the lag issue. But then later on I found out that New York Net Hubs. Had been under attack by DOS. Then the lag issue made sense. I hope that was the problem...
Thanx ALL for coming out and having fun. I am sorry about the lag issue, but I think this was out of our hands and NOT the servers problem. So maybe next week the internet Gods will be happy and we will have network speed like Lox has :dance:
Which is shown below...

G out.

fer

Re: [Tue] 22 February 2011 (USA)

Post by fer »

Well done on pushing through with this in the face of what sounds like a bad internet storm! I'll have a chat with our hosting provider and double check that nothing is amiss on that side of things, but I suspect if the issue hit TS3 as well then it was an interweb-wide problem.