[Sun] 01 May 2011 (Housemaster Send-Off)

How we died
fer

[Sun] 01 May 2011 (Housemaster Send-Off)

Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Mailman
  • Daring Raid
  • River Assault
  • Lichterfeld
  • Flicker (in the after-session)
Super turnout tonight (when you factor in those who joined later in the session), so thanks to all the comrades that made it. Special welcome to our new comrades: nkenny and egg, plus old friends FLEXCop, QuakePhil and our very own Redroth. After our big serious conversation[tm] earlier in the afternoon, it was great to forget about all the behind-the-scenes work of making Folk happen, and get lost in the storm of flying bullets. Bullets from people who're supposed to be your friends. So, remember, as someone said:

If Tigershark can see you, the enemy can see you too.

:colbert:

mort

Re: [Sun] 01 May 2011 (Housemaster Send-Off)

Post by mort »

Tigershark now to be known as Triggerhappysharkl :D

QuakePhil

Re: [Sun] 01 May 2011 (Housemaster Send-Off)

Post by QuakePhil »

Mailman

This was a fun mission, and my first with folk. When no one immediately volunteered for the leader slot, I figured why not :D My alpha team was filled out with 4 bad dudes, and bravo team under Fer's command totaled three; Tigershark flew the folk airlines huey.

The mission was to act as a quick reaction force to recover intel from a freshly crashed C-130 a couple km away and bring it back to base, before the bad guys could get their hands on it, of course. I marked down a couple hot LZs and in we went. In retrospect, as we came in from the south, there was a nice mountain ridge there with a saddle through it that we could have used as a safer LZ and then the valley down below becomes a shooting gallery. But where's the fun in that? :laugh:

So we flew over a squad of taliban fighters (either that or a wedding) as they shot wildly into the air. We all got out in one piece (tigershark had to rtb to get a fresh chopper though as his was falling apart by now) and I called for 360 security. Initial plan was for bravo to retrieve the intel while my team would cover them, but now under significant fire the first task was survival. The medic hit the ground running, healing all he could. Eventually bravo made it down to the vicinity of the crash, but had to take hard cover, so I switched alpha to intel duty, and we advanced on the chopper. (After massacring the wedding party behind us, of course)

At the C-130 I found the laptop inside and started getting the intel which seemed to take forever. The rest of the friendlies were to hold firm and defend. A technical rolled up but good shooting kept it from doing too much damage. Tigershark wasn't able to give us too much intel from above, as the enemy was spread out all over the place. Finally we got the intel and the chopper touched down not a moment too soon and we were in it and bugging out. I believe alpha and bravo each lost two men each, including Fer, but the intel was secure and that is All That Matters :commissar:

Had a blast with the other missions as well, and looking forward to playing next weekend; perhaps even getting into DCS A-10!