Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Vintage 01
  • Fritz Frenzy
  • Rescue
  • Czech Mate
  • Kettles
  • Defend the Base (Zargabad)
Once again our comrades from RPS joined us in the struggle to ensure all are issued with tractors, and a great deal of death ensued (with an excellent playercount). My favourite part was when an RPS comrade observed that we don't play silly wind-down missions. And then we loaded up Defend the Base.

:coolbert:

Grizzly

Re: [Sun] 22 May 2011 (also with RPS)

Post by Grizzly »

A video from last night's Czech Mate. A pity I wasn't there till the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmsPARAFB4w

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Also, why exactly does Folk disallow any mods except for STHUD (and CBA)? Some of us would like to be able to connect to the server with their sound mods and effect mods on.

mort

Post by mort »

Grizzly wrote:Also, why exactly does Folk disallow any mods except for STHUD (and CBA)? Some of us would like to be able to connect to the server with their sound mods and effect mods on.
Really we just try to keep everything as simple as possible.

QuakePhil

Post by QuakePhil »

I don't remember anything specific (except literally all my deaths were from invisible assassins, and one death from a RPG round straight to the kisser in the first mission :laugh:) but it was good times!

IMHO the less mods the better, unless you have a tightly locked-down and approved mod-set which requires time and effort to maintain, its better to disallow mods which could otherwise disrupt everybody else's gameplay

fer

Post by fer »

Grizzly wrote:Also, why exactly does Folk disallow any mods except for STHUD (and CBA)? Some of us would like to be able to connect to the server with their sound mods and effect mods on.
It used to be the case that when comrades connected to the server whilst running ACE2, very bad things happened to the box. In an ideal world all comrades would remember to disable their mods before connecting, but alas we are all imperfect and tend to forget. So instead we have the equivalent of that forcefield by the elevators in Portal, which magically dissolves any companion cubes and/or ACE2 pbos you might have forgotten to leave behind.

You're not thinking of attempting to smuggle a companion cube onto the Folk server, are you? :cop: