fer

[Sun] 17 July 2011 (Imma stop now)

Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Highway LE
  • Mail Man
  • Dogs of war
  • Daring Raid
Comrades, when I stare down the barrel of an M2 machine-gun mounted on the back of an enemy truck liberated (at no small cost) from the bloodied hands of the enemy ... when I see the man at the controls of the fully-automatic dealer of death is a fellow comrade from Third International Fighting Brigade of Takistan in the name of Che Guevara's auxilliary, ARPS ... when I feel the bullets rip my body to shreds, splattering my blood all over the faces of those stood around me ... then I know that ... yep ... this is Folk. Don't ever change, comrades.

:v:

Bodge

Re: [Sun] 17 July 2011 (Imma stop now)

Post by Bodge »

Some very nice games there, a big well done for everyone under my command in mail man. That went almost perfectly even with three of us legging it to safety. Was very satisfying.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Highway LE

Went as expected. :v:

Mail Man

Great stuff; Charlie under my lead was the first at the wreck and Bodge's carefully laid out plan went snafu immediately as we came under attack from all sides. My comrades held bravely, inflicting heavy casualties, without suffering any losses.

Leaving guys behind on exfill felt bad, i'd have preferred to extract evenly and not fill one chopper up, leaving three guys behind.

Dogs of war

Great mission but we should have know, it was going too smoothly. The single BRDM 2 cut Charlie off from the rest of the team and wrecked havoc amongst us as both the 136 and the salvaged RPG-18 missed (curse those Ironsights). Still, very enjoyable.

Daring Raid

A few minutes in, Comrade Sulphur saw an opportunity to rise in the party's ranks and drove away the truck i was using as cover from enemy fire which lead to a bullet between my eyes and said Comrade to become Delta's new FTL. :commissar:

Defend the Base

T-34 saved the day :zoidberg:

Xiathorn

Post by Xiathorn »

Highway LE

Tiger and I were responsible for blowing up the lead vehicle in the convoy. We failed and died.

Mail Man

I was with wolf's FT (I think) as the AR. I ran out of ammo very rapidly (not used to not having an AAR), and spent the rest of the time chasing down the EI with my 9mm, screaming at them to come and fight so I could take their guns. They were shockingly unco-operative.

Particularly liked the smoothness of this. I read that Bodge's plan apparently went to shit, but I didn't notice at all - this was really out of form for folk. Aren't we meant to die in an embarrassing manner? The recovery from this plan failure was so seamless I didn't even know it had gone wrong.

Dogs of War

Was Medic with fearless comrade leader man Fer. Observing the FTs move in was really enjoyable, and pushing into the combat zone for some healing was what ArmA is all about. Unfortunately I crashed not too long after :(

Daring Raid

Was leading Alpha for this. Moved with Bravo to a ridge-line overlooking the town, and tasked out targets for the group to deal with once contact was called. Had a really good view of Fer's group moving on the other side of the valley, and was able to call out vehicular movement. Unfortunately, just before our plan was perfectly prepared a UAZ decided it wanted to go exploring, and promptly drove right through our formation. Bullets started going everywhere, and Alpha immediately moved into the town to secure weapons. This went exceptionally well, but unfortunately I crashed shortly after we'd declared the town cleared :(