fer

[Sun] 11 September 2011

Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Bombs Away
  • Skyline
  • Shilkas of Nur
  • Finale SE
Once again, thank you to all who made it tonight - including several new comrades from ARPS. We had a wonderful turnout. Thanks to an epic traffic jam that turned by trip home into a 4-hour odyssey, I missed the first mission entirely but managed to arrive as a JIP reinforcement during the second. Great to see Skyline completed, followed with a completion of Shilkas of Nur. Congratulations to all element leaders in particular. With that performance in mind, you'll have to understand that it was for your own good that I asked comrade Tigershark to load up Finale SE at the end, confident that it would deliver certain death and failure. Can't have us getting into this winning habit, eh?

:colbert:

harakka

Re: [Sun] 11 September 2011

Post by harakka »

Good work all around, comrades. One valiant fighter found a camera on the body of a fallen enemy, and recorded our traditional victory celebration on Skyline:
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

Draakon

Re: [Sun] 11 September 2011

Post by Draakon »

Might try to post my first AAR as well.

Bombs away
I was Alpha FTL during this mission. We were ordered to go NW of Yarum, to observe SW area for a chopper crash location. I ordered my FT members to go to Alphas observation marker marked by our CO while I went on top of a minaret to observer the location ahead. Before I could reach the top, someone yelled out that the chopper was at the SW marker. So, as I came down from the minaret, I ordered my FT members to run for the chopper and secure the north side of it. As I regrouped with them, I tried to find a better spot to have a look around the area, I got shot from the unknown direction. Before I went down, I heard Bravo, who was assigned to secure the West side of the crash site got flanked by a technical. After that, I only heard silence.

Skyline
For this mission, I was with Player of Games as a MG team. Mort was our CO. He wanted Alpha and Bravo on the front, Alpha on the right of the ridge line and Bravo on the right. MG was in the middle. Delta and Charlie were right behind us, ready to provide supportive fire while Alpha and Bravo were advancing towards the bunkers. As soon as I as the MG gunner had eyes on the first bunker, I opened fire. Alpha and Bravo were advancing towards it, while Charlie and Delta covered them respectively. I tried my best to suppress the bunkers, but due to my limited visibility, I was not that successful. As I with Player of Games moved a bit closer, he yelled out that there were contacts left of the bunker. I tried to find them, but before I could do that

:psyboom:

Shilkas of Nur
I was CO during this mission. I had access to Alpha, Bravo and Charlie FT's, a MG and AT team and both medics and a treaded sniper in a wookie suit. Our usable assets were 2 M2 hummers and 3 unarmed hummers. Our objective was to destroy 3 Shilkas around the area of Nur, a village to the SW. Charlie commanded the 2 M2 hummers, providing fire support for Alpha and Bravo while MG&AT were staying behind to support as necessary. Everything went pretty smooth, only 2 losses after we destroyed the 2nd Shilka. During that time, we engaged a occasional patrol or two, with a UAZ in the mix as well. When we started to advance towards 3rd Shilka, I ordered all elements to bomb rush the location. It took a little time to organize some equipment to destroy the 3rd Shilka, but we completed the mission successfully the mission with 4 or 5 casualties in the end.

Good job everyone.

Finale SE
I was a BMP-2 gunner, callsign Gong 1. Our orders were to hunker down, wait for enemy armor to cross the river and engage them as soon as they did so. From comms, we heard at least 4 T-72 (or where they T-55?) were heading towards our position. My BMP had its engine turned off, lights off and I was ready. I watched in horror as the tanks came closer and closer to us. But, before I could do anything I got :owned:.

After a moment, my driver who dismounted before me dragged me out of the wreck and helped me. But sadly, the enemy breached trough our lines and the mission failed.