harakka

[Tue] 15 Jan 2013 (Clan warfare)

Post by harakka »

Missions:
  • Vanguard
  • Holy Stones
  • Defence In Depth
  • Post-session: Tankicious
Today was a good day, and we got to even use our AKs! Thanks to everyone who joined in on the fun. With playercount of around 35 Vanguard was a challenging endeavor, with most of the platoon ready for the morgue after Nango. In Holy Stones the clash of two clans with almost identical fashion sense was confusing and bloody, ending with a display of divine intervention. Defence in Depth saw Blufor take the castle-defending Indies by such a surprise that the last Indie, returning from his stroll in the woods, found everyone dead and a castle full of Blufor. Short revenge was had but in the end Blufor victory was obvious.
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

Syn

Re: [Tue] 15 Jan 2013 (Clan warfare)

Post by Syn »

Good session! Vanguard was a bit disorganized, and im sorry about my complete lack of direction after Danny was shot by a firing lane incident. I found out 5 minutes later after taking command that my VON was not working (maybe it never worked! have you guys ever heard me on VON?). So that, and struggling with between 6 and 9 fps made me completely combat ineffective, not to mention moving a squad around. Also i suck.

Holy stones was fantastic! I shot someone in my team, said im sorry, run into a house, saw killa who got obviously startled, and died to a hail of friendlyfire, as i screamed NONONO on teamspeak. Allah took care of everything later anyways.

Defense in depth, i didn't quite enjoy. First time as an indy in the castle, and got wiped out in about 30 seconds. Cant seem to remember seeing indies winning on this map, or maybe its just my frustration talking.

Tankicious saw a 3v3 tank, with one on our team deciding it wanted to take a short swim. Turns out tanks don't float. We then got massacred. Also drakoon was angry at first person view! Tank heretic! Tunnel vision or death!

Anyways, it was a good session, albeit a little bit more confusing than usual. See you sunday!

DarkTatka

Post by DarkTatka »

BTW I forgot to say, in Defence In Depth I had no squad markers on the map as IndFor CO. Was that an intention or a bug?

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Vanguard
IFV1 Gunner/commander (if we can call an M113 an IFV)

Well, Wilson and I decided to die together for a change. The easier option was to go at war in a tracked cardboard box.
After a bit of waiting, we finally were tasked to transport Alpha to Nango. As soon as we got there, though, we ended up facing a threatening Technical (which I riddled whith 12.7 bullets) and started taking fire from about everywhere. Fearing for the sake of my Inprovised Explosive Vehicle, and the squad that was inside, I immediately ordered them to get out before we would eat a rocket.
And before we could get into some real cover. That was a bad idea, three dudes died while disembarking, and I took a bullet to the face. Then watched Wilson wait for directions that would never come, and resolve into suicide by leaving the vehicle and climbing on a rooftop.
Oh also: Grizzly/Kale accidentally running over Toppo on purpose was hilarious.

Holy stones
A1 AR, OpFor

Should have killed a whole fireteam. But frigging clunky Arma decided I should shoot the micro piece of wall 25cm in front of me insted, and then fall out of a rooftop. I did kill a few dudes though.
Then frigging clunky Allah decided carpet bombing the city was actually funnier.

Defense in Depth
ASL, BluFor

Had some trouble at the beginning, with the initial convoy going out for a race that ended up with one full fireteam of mine wounded and stuck behind, somewhere on the road.
After we finally regrouped, we moved into position, as Bravo and Alpha would attack the castle in a subtle pincer movement, Bravo on the left, Alpha on the right.
When we finally got there, Bravo was engaged in the woods, so I made Alpha 2 move up and assault, with fire support from A1.
The enemy was concentrated on the engagements on Brvo's position, so they never really saw us coming (yeah, that's what she said too). Then had A1 regroup with us, and we breached into the castle and killed everyone (by the way, Syn, you were kinda obvious on top of that tower. I'm pretty sure you tried to catch with your teeth the only bullet I fired during the mission. Remeber Blu got NVGs, and it was really easy for us to see you guys when you were skylining yourselves on top of structures)
Last edited by Black Mamba on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

kalelovil

Post by kalelovil »

DarkTatka wrote:BTW I forgot to say, in Defence In Depth I had no squad markers on the map as IndFor CO. Was that an intention or a bug?
A bug.