Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Crateresistance
  • Roadside
  • Rolling Bohica
  • Swept SE
  • Bedtime (afterparty)
  • Bedtime (more afterparty)
As if last session's 50-something playercount wasn't enough, tonight we fielded over 60 brave comrades. The session itself ran for over 3.5 hours, with the afterparty taking us past the 4-hours mark. That's incredible, especially considering our record playercount (in the 70s) came in a joint session. Great showing, comrades!

:coolbert:

With such a high playercount, we were able to begin the session with a 30-a-side play-through of newly revised Crateresistance; posts below this will no doubt relate the horror that was BLUFOR Alpha's Hamburger Hill experience. Then, in stark contrast to last Sunday's massacre, Roadside was a veritable masterpiece of platoon-scale action, including a helibourne QRF and the safe retrieval of all the trucks in the ambushed convoy. Rolling Bohica was absolutely epic in scale, so much so that after over an hour of pushing through the dark forests, fields, and towns of Chernarus (shooting down two Kamovs along the way) we reached a point where it was time to call a pause - next time, we'll re-start that mission from the town we reached. There was a huge amount of sneaky stuff going on in Swept SE, as the opposing forces almost swapped positions in an attempt to outflank each other. Finally, the afterparty stragglers were reminded of part of FA's distant past, when comrades were lucky to start with a Skorpion, in two rounds of Bedtime. Awesome fun, thank you to everyone who came along tonight!

As ever - and new comrades in particular - please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here (PM any of the hosts for details of FA YouTube channel) - and remember there the a new video ident by comrade YouTube Hero SuperU. Posts in the AAR threads really helps us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

:v:

Cuddlefish

Re: [Sun] 27 Jan 2013 (Keep on truckin')

Post by Cuddlefish »

Craterresitance -Indfor Bravo 2 AR

We set up atop a hill, then spotted contacts danger-close. I fired a few rounds, then was killed.

Roadside - Bravo 2 AT Rifleman

In stark contrast to last time, this one actually went by the numbers until near the end; when I was hit by fire out of nowhere as we went over a ridge that wasn't really part of the mission anyway. Mamuto dragged me to safety while the others provided cover, but Adam was struck several times and delcake elected to stay with his comrade for several seconds of resistance before also being hit. Then we drove home.

Rolling Bohica - Charlie 3 SAW Gunner

I opened the mission by managing to knock myself out exiting the truck. I was later informed that apparently you're supposed to go with your FEET down? Noone had told me that before. After I was healed up we went on a long forest patrol - I believe I was shot and wounded at one point as we moved from support position to support position. Near the calling point we came under serious fire, which first wounded me & the FTL and killed another teammember. I healed the FTL, then was promptly shot again, still failing to kill me. Having few internal organs left at this point, the mission was suspended for the duration of my hospital stay.

Swept SE - Bravo 1 AR

Being in Ferrard's squad in an adversarial is pretty intense. It was a bit intimidating being the one guy there who wasn't part of a well oiled machine, but I think I did reasonably well at following the instructions given. I went all Rambo on Stranglove's assassin, sidestepping while dumping half a drum of 7.62 into a point blank target in a single burst. There IS no overkill. I was positioned covering Ferrard and Universal when an enemy went loop-de-loop around them. I saw it coming just in time to be looking in the right direction, shout contact and fire a burst, but I don't think I hit anything. I was then shot repeatedly, ending my part in the mission.

Bedtime is a mission wherein I learned that the Skorpion is the world's worst firearm. I would take a 19th century breech-loader before it, hands down.

Stoner

Post by Stoner »

As always, a grand time was had by all.

There was, however, something I noticed in Swept SE concerning clearing procedures. As a member of Alpha 2, there were a couple compounds that we cleared. Each had several rooms to clear. Upon entering the compound, I started room-by-room clearing to route out the undesirables, such as Taliban, Communists, the criminally insane, and fans of Justin Bieber. Upon exiting the last room, I noted several FT members going through those same rooms to clear them as well. Thus, effort was duplicated.

I think we need a procedure by which the FTL tells specific members to clear specific rooms (if there are many). For instance, upon entering a courtyard, the FT might say "A2-2, A2-3, clear the right-side rooms. A2-4, clear the left." Or, perhaps, give the rooms numbers, starting from left to right or clockwise from the north. Thus, the FTL would say "A2-2, clear rooms 1 and 2. A2-3, clear 3 and 4. A2-4, clear 5". Of course, the FTL would use in-game names, not the "A2-2, A2-3, A2-4" designation.

Once the rooms are cleared. perhaps specify which doors to the courtyard are to be covered. As it was, I took a position at a door facing the hostile town. Another FT member covered the same door with me. We were on opposite sides of the door, facing out in two different directions to cover full field of fire.

Just my two pence...

-- Stoner
Bitte töte mich nicht

FLEXCopMNPD

Post by FLEXCopMNPD »

First game with FOLK after a nearly two year hiatus. Was good to get back at it. I am still trying to sort out my old computer, as it has been gathering dust for all this time and was not being used. VON is dorked up for me right now and I am not sure where to look to fix it.

Mission wise I was a medic for Rolling Bohica and Sweep SE.

Rolling was a fun mission. I got to ply my medic wares on several peeps from Charlie as well as some from other elements. There was an intense moment of sheer terror when I watched those 2 KAs roll in and start spitting out cannon fire as we were disembarking from our 5t vehicles. Both met their fiery doom at the hands of a skilled AT operator I think, so the panic (as well as the urge to empty my electronic bowels) passed.

The second mission did not go as well for me :) I was on OPFOR, and after a tense but uneventful advance into the first section of the village Alpha found itself in a veritable shit-storm of fire. My services were called upon at A-1, and while I was tending to my wounded comrade, a cowardly insurgent grenaded the hell out of us and I think single handily wiped us all out. It went downhill from there.

The biggest issues I had were comms, especially with VON not working right for me, and situational awareness. I miss my old TS2 overlay. I heard calls for medical assistance but was frustrated because it took time for me to find those in need. As a medic I would love to have some sort of indicator that would flash on screen showing where a person calling for a medic was.

All in all great games. I look forward to many more, especially after I finish building my new game computer.

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

Crateresistance
Independent Bravo 2 FTL
Mamuto, Cuddlefish, delcake, Sylver

Starting off with an adversarial? Awesome!
Bravo was tasked with defending the cash on the western hill, and boy did we defend it. We set up on top of the hill, Bravo 2 having eyes on the South and West. I spotted contacts a few minutes into the defense, calling out a squad sized enemy approaching from the West. Seeing them go prone and starting to take aim at us, I decided to preempt them and open fire. All hell broke loose after that first shot. I very quickly realized that the tree I was behind offered me absolutely minimal cover so I got up and ran up the hill, bullets whizzing by. I managed to get to the top before getting shot down. The whole time I was yelling at my fireteam to make sure they were in cover and to fall back to the top of the hill. Sadly, both Cuddlefish and Sylver died almost immediately, but miraculously delcake managed to get to me and heal me up. A few more intense minutes passed, then all got quiet. The enemy tried attacking once more, but the five men still left in Bravo repelled that as well. As BL was dead, I hopped on to CC and coordinated with SuperU as he had us pincer the remaining enemy to our East. I got shot down by friendly fire but by then there was only one enemy left so I'll call that a success :)

Roadside
Bravo 2 FTL
Mamuto, Adam, delcake, Cuddlefish

Fairly uneventful for 90% of the mission. Most enemies were far off, hitting them with the 74 was a challenge. At one time, though, a technical rolled up right on us, and we lit it up, that was great. Almost made it through with no casualties, but we decided to visit the village of the local sniper who decided to shoot Cuddle in the spleen. As I dragged him back I told Adam and delcake to back the hell up! but delcake was having audio issues so he didn't hear me... Both got one shotted by the sniper. RIP soldiers :( Also, though, I have no idea why we even went to the village, it was almost out of our AO. *shrug Some trucking shenaniganry happened and that was the mission!

Rolling Bohica
Alpha 1 FTL
Mamuto, EBass, The Red Sniper, Vanstrakk

A very slow start to this mission allowed us to watch pretty CAS fireworks. When we finally did move out, things went badly very quickly. Alpha 1 was on the western most flank of the platoon, and as most people were preoccupied with the two enemy helos flying overhead, we were preoccupied with the enemy squad (felt more like half a platoon) coming down the pitch black hill to our left. Vanstrakk and Sniper died before I could yell "take cover, contacts from the left!" with EBass and myself somehow managing to crawl our way out of there. We pushed forward with Alpha before turning our guns back on the hill and spending the next 10 minutes pouring round after round into the Chernorussian terrain. Having no NVG, I had almost no idea if I was hitting anything or not. I did at one point kill a friendly, and I am very sorry about that, I was shooting at the enemy, not moving, never saw you enter my field of view, and suddenly you were dead. Strang gave the order to attack the hill, EBass decided to run off back the way we came and had himself shot down. I tried valiantly to rescue him before realizing there were at least 13 enemies all around him. Ferrard's wife's name was on my lips as my last breath exited my body...

Fun night as always, guys!

Halop

Post by Halop »

Crateresistance
Indiefor
B1 FTL

We were defending Hamburger Hill, after B2's initiation on the enemy forces, I oriented my FT to support them. We achieved fire superiority soon enough, and those unlucky blufor were pinned down pretty hard, the smoke helped them alot though. Blufor surprisingly managed to reorganize themselves very quickly somehow and returned fire - someone very accurately placed a bullet in my head.

Roadside
C1 FTL

An excellently carried out mission by everyone, stark contrast to last time :D
Charlie was tasked at advancing down the road, with Alpha and Bravo to our sides. A and B took the most fire, as they were more exposed up the hills, with Charlie mostly catching up (or was it just C1 :P ) When we reached the town, C was ordered to run north and clear a nearby forest of EI, with Delta supporting from the other side. We saw no contacts in the forest - met up with Delta and assaulted the last enemy positions together. Patched up a friendly who didn't see a BRDM reversing into him, boarded a chopper and left. Success, no casualties in Charlie. I imagine v2 will have 10x enemy infantry and tanks. :hist101:

Rolling Bohica
SAM1

I chilled with CO Bodge in the Humvee most of the mission. Then near the end I was attached to Alpha and ordered to RV with them. I ran as fast as I could, then came in reports of Ka-52's. I took out my Stinger, waited for the tone, and then saw as an AT rocket hit the Kamov and it exploded. Didn't expect that but ok, I aim for the second Kamov behind me - waiting for the tone... and it too got exploded by an AT rocket. God damn, looks like AT workshop is paying off :D

Some time later Alpha started advancing on enemy positions to get eyes on the village, they ran into a forest, i'll call it Forest of Death. ASL Stranglove went strangely quiet after a while, and most of the fireteam leads were dead too. In confusion, Alpha started shooting north, at Bravo's positions. Nobody was taking command, and after the FF accident I took command of the remains of Alpha and tried to organize them for an assault - Alpha was aprox. 7 or 8 man strong. I followed Strang's plan and ordered to move to the edge of the treeline to support C and B's advance on the village. As soon as we arrived at the treeline, we took fire from our flanks and most of us were incapped. CO ordered a charge on the village, I told anyone who is up to charge and then the mission was called.

Fired exactly 0 SAM missiles this mission.

Swept SE
Opfor
A2 FTL

Got flanked by the enemies from the south, Alpha got massacred, enough said ;)

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Crateresistance
A2 AR?AAR?AT?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp-DuEPuZQ0

Mmmmm, open fields. Enemies, uphill from us, with trees to hide behind, and a bunker. Geee, how could that go wrong?
Did manage to get Halop though. (Through no fault of my own, i assure you!)

Roadside
C2 AR; C2 : Toppometer, audiox, Qazl, Geronimo
A fine mission indeed. Learning that we would be the fireteam to enjoy the comfortable, and not at all exposed position of "the road, center" made me somewhat uneasy, but for that part of the mission resistance seemed pretty light. Toppo proved very apt at FTL'ing, as usual, and i tried to keep up as best as i could.

Rolling Bohica
B2 FTL; B2 : audiox, tink, universal, delcake
Ferrard : "What do we do if we encounter hostiles prior to Rv1?"
Yeah well gee wiz, that didn't happen.
During this mission i had a nice run with tink universal and delcake. I tried as best as i could to ensure that the fireteam had good coverage of our surroundings, and they performed marvellously. Learning effective communication and improving situational awareness is why i'm into this game, and this FTL-run was really good fun in that regard.
Ferrard is, surprisingly, quite good at giving orders, so working as a part of, instead of apart from, the entirety of Bravo was also very rewarding.

And enemy choppers are always fun, they're scaaaaary! (And we even got to watch one of our own choppers crash and burn as an added bonus! YAY!)

Workshop
The workshop was a bit of a mess. Being shot by AI during bounding-drills is always fun!
SuperU got to spend a large part of the mission playing Jeep Simulator 0.3, which can't have been too much fun. He did manage to sort everything out as he arrived just as i got shot and quickly organized everything in a professional manner.
I really like that we spend some time on the positions higher up in the ladder of party favour. More people comfortable with CO and SL means more fun when playing.

Universal

Post by Universal »

Writing up this AAR has proved to me just how bad my memory has become, but hey...

Crateresistance
I know I was in this, but I have absolutely no memory of it whatsoever. :confused:

Roadside
Charlie AT rifleman

I was surprised at how well this one went, I had seen the footage of it from before and was expecting to be killed hard, but things went very smoothly. The only downside was that it because of the excellent performance of the squads it was a bit uneventful for me.

Rolling Bohica
Bravo 2 AAR

This could be the most enjoyable game of Arma I've ever had. It seemed to have a little bit of everything that is awesome about the game. Foremost in my recollection is the excellent Squad Leader and Fireteam Leader performances by Ferrard Carson and Audiox. They kept us really focused and I, even though rather noobish and prone to blithering-idiocy, never felt confused or overwhelmed by their orders, so much kudos. (As Audiox was saying, its the communication aspect of the game that really makes it what it is, and he is damn good at it!)
Still, unlike Roadside there was no shortage of drama, the tense night setting, the helicopters crashing, clearing towns, mad dashes across fields, all huge fun. Bravo was hidden behind hay-bales at one point when we came under lots of grenade-fire. The first one knocked me about without damaging me, (I'd never seen that happen before) and my AR, (Tink) was wounded moments later. I got to drag him back and tend his wounds, and I felt I earned my Assistant AR title.
In the final assault on the town, I peeked out at just the wrong time from my tree in front of an angry, (Well, I'm assuming he was angry) enemy machine-gunner. He opened fire on me and I got away without a scratch, but the tracer round that nearly hit me had filled the top corner of my screen with dangerous yellow. Closest. Escape. Ever.

Swept SE
Bravo 1 AT

I had Ferrard for an FTL this time, and he was again excellent. The blithering was, however, coming upon me strong again. It's funny reading Cuddlefishes report:
"Being in Ferrard's squad in an adversarial is pretty intense. It was a bit intimidating being the one guy there who wasn't part of a well oiled machine"
Funny, because I felt I was the one who rather let the side down. I ran in exactly the wrong direction on no less than two occasions, and my final assault into the house I felt I could have done better. I entered, killed an enemy who was lolling wounded, continued up the stairs only to be badly wounded myself. I think I took the guy with me though, so that's ok!

Skabooga

Post by Skabooga »

Crateresistance - Indie Bravo Squad Leader

The commander assigned us to the western hill, so the squad rolled up to it, and I set the fireteams to watching the cardinal directions. Within a couple of minutes, contacts were spotted approaching from the west, and I had the fireteams reorient to prepare for them. I took in a deep breath of satisfaction as I surveyed my troops move with such efficiency, but in the back of my mind, it felt like I was forgetting something.

Something like taking cover. Needless to say, I didn't survive the first encounter, but I'm glad to see that my squad held the hill, no thanks to me.

Roadside - Bravo 3 FTL - with Anvil, Pickers, and Cucomo (?)

Bravo was assigned to the hills west of the road, and our fireteam was to hold the western-most flank of the squad. Thanks to some competent squad leading, Bravo came out pretty well, with minimal casualties. We came under machine-gun fire at one point, and the squad leader made the excellent decision to retreat and reapproach from another angle, which certainly saved many of our hides.

There was one tense moment in the last quarter of the operation when my fireteam was searching the gently rolling terrain south-east of the road. We came over a small crest and I nearly walked into enemy contacts: they were maybe 30 meters out. I took one out as I screamed incoherently for retreat, but was myself shot before I could get back behind the rise. We lost Pickers in the exchange, but Anvil and Cucomo were able to save my bacon and clear out the last of the enemy.

Rolling Bohica - Charlie Squad Leader

Charlie was something of a support squad for the first half of the mission, covering Bravo's eastern flank as it pushed up through the fields in the first set of encounters. I was experiencing some pretty heavy framerate drops throughout the entire mission, but something positive from that was that it forced me (to try) to be a better communicator with my FTLs, as I couldn't just charge ahead at the front of the squad (they were running laps around me with the framerate I was having). I must commend all three of my FTLs and the MMG group for their responsiveness and excellent unity of action.

After the first encounter, Charlie went back to retrieve the trucks (I regret parking so far back in the column), and then went to catch up with the rest of the platoon. We arrived in time to see some helicopter pyrotechnics, and then the squad pushed on north up the road, and from the sounds of it (lag prevented me from ever catching up with them) had an intense assault on the barn at the crossroads. At one point, C2 was pinned down in the barn by enemy reinforcements, and I had C3 and some of Bravo come in and take the pressure off them.

Also, I had one man from C1 go back to fetch the truck (Pickers, I think - damn, I'm that guy's bad luck charm), but he was shot half-way there. I sent my medic Flex over to try and find him in the dark forest and rendezvous with some of the command unit near that point, and thankfully, everyone and the truck came back in one piece.

Also, on command's advice, we were able to take control of an enemy BRDM that we had disabled, and we had the Engineers fix it back up for us, and I assigned C1 to crew it and take point going west down the road. Awesome! :dance: Unfortunately, we promptly used it to accidentally fire on Bravo and disable the BRDM they had salvaged. Super-duper sorry, Bravo :oops: .

Just before the final push, Alpha was in a spot of trouble, so I sent C2 and C3 to help extract them while C1 provided cover from the road. Then, we pushed into town, fired our guns in the air, and checked into a motel.

Swept SE - Independent (defending) Bravo Squad Leader

Command assigned Bravo to cover the eastern half of the road to try and draw Blufor into the town and engage us, and then Alpha would come in from behind to chew them up. I had the fireteams split up among the houses there, and then we played the waiting game while Blufor went about executing its intricate movement patterns. It must have worked, because we found ourselves unexpectedly flanked, and as I tried to crawl to get a better vantage point (I was stupidly hanging out in the open), I was shot to pieces.

fer

Post by fer »

Note: If you are interested in quite a few screenshots of the map (and map markers) from both the workshop and the session proper, take a look at this gallery. There may also be some pictures of soldiers and toys.

Crateresistance

DC M: Fer

BLUFOR's comrade CO Ghandisrightoe opted to split his force into two elements. Alpha would hit the enemy from the west, Bravo from the north. Each squad was going after a separate cache, and the plan was for them to link up for an assault on the third, southern cache, afterwards.

As a host I like this kind of plan: it gets the most people firing AKs in the shortest possible time, but as a bumbling amateur tactician it makes me fret. The players were already distributed evenly across the two sides, and even if INDFOR had only one third of its troops at any given cache, the AI INDFOR troops would likely make any individual fight an affair of even numbers. With one side in defensive positions, however hasty, this actually makes for an unfair fight.

As the spare medic, I was attached to Alpha. We had a very short drive to our forming-up point, and then jogged eastwards, into the misty fields and hedgerows. Up ahead of us rose a wooded knoll, atop which we were fairly certain the enemy would be. Waiting. A hedgerow ran towards the base of the hill to our left, but at least one fireteam, Alpha 3, would be forced to cross the open ground of a ploughed field under fire if the order came to assault.

Seconds later and bullets were flying in all directions. Comrade SL Headspace was trying to co-ordinate the attack but already Alpha 3 was in trouble. Smoke clouds bloomed on the ploughed field and I realised I was needed out there in the open. As Alpha 1 and 2 exchanged fire with the enemy on the knoll from in and around the hedgerow, I ran to the aid of a downed member of Alpha 3. With the swirling smoke between us and the enemy, I dragged him into some bushes and attempted to patch him up. Once the smoke cleared we'd be exposed again - leaves do not stop AK rounds - so the emphasis was on speed.

At this point I remember thinking: "Wait, wasn't that Headspace giving first aid in the field?"

:confused:

The rest of Alpha was now assaulting, attack becoming the only form of defence in a desperate situation; but the chatter over comms was bleak. "Alpha 3 is down to one man." ... "Alpha 3 is combat ineffective." ... "Oh God, I'm so cold, please hold me?" (that last one may be a lie). I ran forward through the last of the smoke, across the field, but never made it to the knoll.

:suicide:

Roadside

Charlie 3 FTL: Fer
|- AR: Cap,
|- AAR: Dan
|- RPG: Red Sniper

Comrade Ferrard Carson has read The Bear Went Over The Mountain. If you haven't, you should.

Understanding that, in this terrain, the force that controls the ridges controls the battle, comrade Carson's plan called for Alpha and Bravo to mount the steep sides of the valley whilst Charlie moved directly up the road. Comrade squad leader Bodge's orders stipulated that my fireteam, Charlie 3, would be the left-hand element of the squad. Glancing at the map, I could see that our QRF, Delta, was being sent to the mountain-top to our far south-east.

The advance began at a jogging pace, with fireteams bounding from cover to cover as we made our way up the initial incline. I split my own men into red/blue sub-elements, making it easier to allocate them to the corners of rocks and structures we sheltered behind. The enemy contacted us early on, and as we came up towards the first major cluster of houses we were being engaged from our front and right (the latter contacts being high up on the ridge along which Bravo was advancing). The fire from our AK-74s lacked accuracy, but our numbers guaranteed volume, and the RPKs remain scarily effective for an iron-sighted weapon. Though intense at moments, I wasn't concerned for our safety so long as we continued to make use of the cover available to us and benefited from the covering fire of our sister squads.

Before the second cluster of houses we climbed up a little spur, from which we had a great view up the road all the way to the T-junction. The valley opened out further up, and beyond the junction we saw more enemy infantry and even a tripod-mounted DShKM; to their right, another squad of fighters was entering the valley from the western pass. We opened up, our AR's RPK again proving effective despite its lack of optics. Then we were on the move again, down into a little hamlet and up onto the high ground beyond, still maintaining our advance towards the T-junction.

At this point comrade squad leader Bodge ordered a change of plan. Behind us, to the north-east, a wooded gully led down from the mountain on which Delta had landed and ran back towards the rear of the convoy. Comrade CO Carson had ordered a block-and-sweep operation to deal with an enemy squad reported to be in amongst the trees, with Charlie acting as dustpan to Delta's broom. We formed a line at the base of the forest and waited for a wave of retreating fighters to break upon us. Privately, I wondered if shooting up the gully would be at all dangerous for our comrades in Delta (and vice versa). No fighters appeared, so with Delta we wheeled once more and descended the hill towards the original ambush site.

The operation was winding down now - though we took some half-hearted fire from enemy stragglers to our south, both the transport helo and BRDM were able to pick up the majority of Charlie and Delta at points between the ambush site and the T-junction. My fireteam was the final rearguard in Charlie, and as we jogged back towards the junction the mission ended in success.

Mission maker's note: Roadside was never meant to be a Wolfenswan-grade hard mission, but it was supposed to emphasise the perils of staying down on the valley floor amongst the vehicles. So whilst it was sad to see the whole platoon massacred first time around, it was equally satisfying to see us complete the mission with almost no losses when using a different plan. In particular, the power of mutually supporting squads was in evidence here, but the late-mission block and sweep operation mounted by Charlie and Delta also demonstrates that we're not slaves to the 'platoon wedge'. Congratulations to everyone!

:clint:

Rolling Bohica

JIP / CO Element AR

Actually, because we effectively ran out of slots I ended up in the JIP element. After managing to run over comrade Brown (very, very sorry!), I drove up to the CO's position and became his minder for much of the mission. It was great being comrade CO Bodge's minder, because I got to sit in the back of a HMMWV eating crackers and marmalade, and taking many screenshots of the map (see this gallery). This was a slow mission, but one that was great to watch unfold on the map. There were also some comedy moments involving the MTR team and their lost tripod.

It was also not true that the CO element was always safe: one of the Kamovs came down barely 20m from our position, forcing us to open fire on its crew (I'll post video of that later); a little later, we also took fire and were forced to drive into the safety of a village. When Charlie reported a man down in our vicinity, comrade CO Bodge and I set off into some very, very dark woods. Just as I began to make out some shapes in the blackness, there was a power cut and my house was plunged into absolute and very real darkness. And that was effectively it for me - but I look forward to continuing this mission at some point soon.

Swept SE

Bravo SL (effective)

I didn't start out as BSL, I just wound up in that position due to various comms-related SNAFUs whereby the real BSL (effective), comrade Ferrard Carson, asked me to step up. Actually, I was B2's RPG guy. Let's just not tell my FTL, okay?

Anyway, near the start of the mission, possibly just after we had exited the helos and made it to out first position, comrade Ferrard Carson asked (of comrade Kaleovil's plan): "Hey, isn't this the exact same plan we ALWAYS use as OPFOR?". He turned out to be wrong, but really this is best done with a map!
ArmA2OA 2013-01-29 00-15-43-60 A.png
ArmA2OA 2013-01-29 00-15-43-60 A.png (428.54 KiB) Viewed 12560 times
Super session, thank you to all the comrades who came along. Hope to see all over you again in future sessions!