[Collab] F2 - 2-7-0 - Better than Appletini!

Kill your comrades. Wholesale
Black Mamba

Re: [Collab] F2 - 2-7-0 - Better than Appletini!

Post by Black Mamba »

I think Kegetys is not so much active on the forums anymore. The ACE 2 team can be contacted pretty easily though, either through the forums or the dev-heaven thingy.
I wouldn't rip stuff either from ACE, they aren't dicks but it still goes better when you ask for it first. The mods on the forums and probably Xeno too aren't too much friendly when it comes to grabbing stuff without permission, which is understandable. On the other hand I believe a simple mail should solve that.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

For now we've included mike's fixed version of kegety's in F2 which has working free cam.

daf

Post by daf »

wolfenswan wrote:For now we've included mike's fixed version of kegety's in F2 which has working free cam.
I have played a mission using the latest F2 and indeed the issue seemed mostly fixed, the camera would still reset eventually but took enough time the fully free camera was usable, however what isn't so great is that most missions still use the old F2.

As such since I'm the guy who's been bitching about it the most I volunteer to try and update all current folk missions to the new F2 framework.

Note that I'd likely need some small guidance by the more experienced people as I have very limited mission editing experience, still it should be enough to perform the update.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Because of some unexpected bugs the free cam didn't make it into the 2-7-0 release. Maybe 2-7-1, should I ever figure out the workings of the spectator script.

And I appreciate the offer but I think more than updated old missions we need new missions :D Still though, you remind me I wanted to post a guide on how to update 2-6-0+ missions to 2-7-0.

daf

Post by daf »

wolfenswan wrote:Because of some unexpected bugs the free cam didn't make it into the 2-7-0 release. Maybe 2-7-1, should I ever figure out the workings of the spectator script.

And I appreciate the offer but I think more than updated old missions we need new missions :D Still though, you remind me I wanted to post a guide on how to update 2-6-0+ missions to 2-7-0.
awwwww :(

fer

Post by fer »

I'm not here, but if I was here, I might lock this topic, since the development phase of v2-7-0 is over. I might even tell you not to be afraid of starting new threads about specific things. There's a whole forum to play with.

:v:

Then again, I'm still driving around in the desert with that Lana del Rey disc. I think it's the 1950s here. These capitalists have such big cars. Such big, shiny cars.