[FEEDBACK] Slippery Eel

Kill your comrades. Wholesale
Mamuto

Re: [FEEDBACK] Slippery Eel

Post by Mamuto »

Helicopter touched down in front of us at the airfield and stayed there for a few minutes while we ran all around it, drove a humvee around it, etc. It did stay there for some time.

Think about imposing a rule that says no shooting of civilians. Can we script something that will allow BlueFor to arrest civilians? It was painfully obvious who was controlling civilians because they were full sprinting around streets, even if they had no guns..

I also was not aware that the VIP could escape through running south. I only thought there were two extractions. So it was kind of lame to lose because of that.

It's an involved mission, and as Blufor, watching my fire was very intense. Would love to play more of this.

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

I was on blufor yesterday as part of Bravo - we had the littlebird

I like the idea of Aziz having to go pick up a package and blufor getting an announcement when he reaches it. Maybe put the cars in zones that are UN guarded, that blufor can observe but can't enter?

Personally I think changing numbers and deployment points would help a lot. Blufor should feel like the odds are against them because anyone in the city could be an enemy, and maybe changing blufor/opfor balance could fix this? The nature of this whole 'forced removal' operation lends itself to having a very small blufor team as it is.

A 'three strikes' rule for killing civilians would be good, too. That way there's tension and a need for discipline, but someone firing by mistake isn't going to ruin the mission within the first minute of play.
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

@Mamuto: Regarding the arresting stuff, I implemented that in an upcoming mission. I'm afraid it might unnecessarily complicate the gameplay though, we'll see.

I also made it a rule that no Blufor can shoot unarmed people, obvious player or not. I won't enforce it by script though, as I trust people to read the notes and respect the ROE.

Edit: By the way, most of the dudes who were sprinting were probably not players. I've seen quite a lot of AI running everywhere around me, while I was calmly walking.

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

Is there perhaps a way of getting the UN MI8 to land inside the city of zargabad?

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Well, you could try to have the AI land a bus inside the city. You could try.
You would fail, though, at least without heavy scripting.
Mostly cause the AI always land nose to the wind. Which means once in a while they'll hit a building and explode, because there are no large LZ in the city. Plus the AI piloting depends largely on the server FPS. If it happens to be at a stressful moment for the server, they'll usually 'forget' to avoid that one obvious last obstacle and ram into it.
Actually, the only places that might work are the two military bases east and west of the city.

zitron

Post by zitron »

Guys what if you had a OpFor player fly the extract helo? Then you can have the OpFor and Indy arrange a LZ at a place BlueFor doesn't know before hand.

Macaco

Post by Macaco »

zitron wrote:Guys what if you had a OpFor player fly the extract helo? Then you can have the OpFor and Indy arrange a LZ at a place BlueFor doesn't know before hand.
This wouldn't be half bad. just have an indyfor chopper pilot, still have the "no shoot chopper" rule, and the goodfor has the littlebird to scout where it lands (not to mention the goodfor can watch as it lands and move to it)

Just make sure pilot knows what he's doing to land an Mi8 in a courtyard.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I've begun working on the mission again, moving it a bit from the original concept.

Here's the new concept:
- a group of PMCs has gone rogue and wants to give the UN some juicy details about shady US details
- they are supported by civilians in the city
- first PMC need to contact an Imam in the mosque to get the location of the documents that are stashed in a car in the city
- PMC then need to bring the documents to the UN officer who's hosting a dinner party at the villa

With the added buildings towards the villa the US can't really camp the approach towards the villa and both the villa and mosque are forbidden for US (otherwise UN will get angry).

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I remember seeing in a shacktac video a while back that if blufor shot an unarmed civilian then a horde of civilian assassins are spawned. Maybe adding something like this will reduce the careless shooting of unarmed civvies?