Maximum filesize

Kill your comrades. Wholesale
boberro

Maximum filesize

Post by boberro »

I'm thinking of adding woodland retextures into mission, so I could use bradleys on Chernarus, but of course it significantly rises mission weight. What on your opinion is maximum filesize to keep mission usable for standard sessions?
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

fer

Re: Maximum filesize

Post by fer »

The PBO for Finale XL, which contains a lengthy music file, is around 1.7Mb. Is it possible to keep your planned mission at or below that benchmark?

boberro

Post by boberro »

After resize to 1024x1024, ThePieSpy's reskin weights 1.28MB and still looks good enough to resize it to 512x512 if needed. Papabear recordings from OFP I plan to use are mere kilobytes, so yes, 1.7 MB sounds like a reasonable threshold.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

fer

Post by fer »

Sounds good - looking forward to seeing the mission :)

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Keep in mind that you can add references to BIS textures without having to include them in the pbo. Maybe the textures for the warrior or another woodland-camo vehicle might work after a bit of playing around.