DCS World Base (SU25-T) Things

Some comrades believe they can touch the sky

Moderator: oldhosts

audiox
Host

DCS World Base (SU25-T) Things

Post by audiox »

So.
I got the grand idea that it shouldn't be too hard to turn the SU25-T campaign into multiplayer missions.

Turns out it really isn't! :dance:

What does this mean? That we have a nice little bunch of missions we can take to the skies in. For all intents and purposes they can be used with anything from SU25 to A10 to F15 (flying F15s in them would be pretty boring though....).

But my first thought is that as FA is what FA is it would be interesting to keep it available for all in the beginning. Meaning focusing on the SU25 and getting people up and about in that one first. Then we can assess who we are and whether we want to switch out stuff.

So i'll be hosting a couple of DCS sessions onwards. I really don't know how well my bandwidth scales to player count, but this will be interesting to find out.

The first one of these will be tomorrow. It will be the first test to see if things actually work, so it might turn very wonky very fast. :hist101:
I will not have the time to run people through the basics for anybody tomorrow, as i will be busy doing that for a friend that is also visiting (and who will tag along).

For future sessions i consider it likely that i'll set it up so interested parties can show up an hour earlier and get set up with the basics before we jump on the server to fly. (Point is, once you are on the server you won't be able to rebind your keys, and its kinda convenient to do some adjustments beforehand, nothing major, and we will be pretty lenient when it comes to airworthiness!)

So yeah. Once again we're gonna see if this thing is airworthy. Come come!

Kefirz

Re: DCS World Base (SU25-T) Things

Post by Kefirz »

Maybe also link up newbies with some experienced guys as buddy teams.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

brilliant idea. If we had any "experienced guys" plural, or for that matter, "an experienced guy" singular, we'd be on it in a heartbeat!

:siiigh:

I am (almost) joking. There are experienced DCS players around, scheduling is always a bit tricky with these things though...!

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Well I am not talking about permanent buddy teams, but on the fly ones...
Let's say that you and Zitron/Tiger/Whoever else shows up take 1 new-er guy with them, so I could fly with an experienced-ish (yes, that's a word :D ) guy and he would probably do all the leading and shooting while I would do the crashing. And with some kind or organization there could even be some separate objectives, like you guys do B and we will do C...

Think of it as FT's in A3, but this is DCS, with planes and we are just 2.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Forgot to add that i thought it was a good idea. Though i honestly don't expect us to be more than three or four people most of the time.