[Flight Night] Saturday 16 May

Some comrades believe they can touch the sky

Moderator: oldhosts

audiox
Host

Re: [Flight Night] Saturday 16 May

Post by audiox »

Also if you're adding extra stuff i know that pepper would really really love you if you added a KA 50 or two.

pepper

Post by pepper »

I would LOVE a KA-50! Especially since the manual implies that I can lase targets for other Shkval system equiped vehicles(easy if you are both in a KA since you can link the targeting and navigation systems), I would love to try that with a SU-25(T) at some point!

How about your little agressor plan Audio? I remember that you were talking about the SU-27 last saturday.

zitron

Post by zitron »

I don't think adding a couple of A10 or Ka50 will make any negative impact on the missions. The su25s are bad at spotting targets, you could have an Ka50 or A10 with TGP picking out targets, monitoring what's going on and it would be an interesting challenge to communicate target info without fancy data links.

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

neither do i and i'd probably join for any such event if anybody else sets it up. its just not what i'm hosting.

pepper

Post by pepper »

You can convert the coordinates from the ABRIS/ShkVAL system to a 9-line that can be entered in the CSU of the A10C. It's on the ED forums wiki.

Btw, do you guys have a second display hooked up? if so then the display option "Camera + LMCD" will display a shkval window on the second display. it might require a bit of tweaking and you need to turn fullscreen off(windowed + display resolution has no border anyway), but it's REALLY cool. I now have the ABRIS/Shkval on my second monitor always in eyesight during flying. I also made a little panel with physical buttons to control the ABRIS which is really useful for marking targets.

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

I'll be flying tonight at 9pm euro time if anyone is interested in a-10. We'll be in team speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

zitron

Post by zitron »

OK, I got some missions made for Su25 A10 and Ka50. I can host on Saturday if audiox is busy.

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Tag, you're it!

Thats awesome, i have come down with a summer cold, so the thought of staying up late with headphones on to host flying tonight was looming in my head. Congrats zitron, the floor is yours!