[A-10] Do you have DCS or Lock-On? Post here!

Plan flights so we know where to look for wreckage

Moderator: oldhosts

I would prefer to play...

DCS: A-10
56%
DCS: Black Shark
32%
Lock On: FC2
12%

Total votes: 34

Headspace

[A-10] Do you have DCS or Lock-On? Post here!

Post by Headspace »

This thread is for us to check in and see how many of us own the various DCS and LockOn/FC games. Much like OFP, ArmA, A2, etc there are several different iterations of the series and most aren't compatible with each other. To give a basic summary, we have:

DCS: A-10
DCS: Black Shark
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2.0

Now, Flaming Cliffs, which is the expansion for the original Lock On (in its current iteration, 2.0, abbreviated "FC2" in discussions) is compatible with Black Shark. The two play together on the network. Other than this, there exists no cross-compatibility that I am aware of between any of these. So, despite my keen interest in A-10, it looks like we might end up having more success getting a session going for FC2/Black Shark in the near future and then move into A-10 later on. However, it really comes down to who owns what.

When answering the poll questions, check as many as you want. Then post in the thread which of these games you have! It'll help us get some games going.

(Personally, I have all three games).

theG57

Re: Do you have DCS or Lock-On? Post here!

Post by theG57 »

Just Plain "Lock On" no Flaming Cliffs...

G out.
G out.

mort

Post by mort »

I have Black Shark but literally have not played it for a year now. I would really like to properly get familiarized with it.

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

I have a Xmas dream. That I will play MP A-10 before I leave for Australia. Can anyone help ;)
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Headspace

Post by Headspace »

If we don't have a TARS test between now and then we'll at least blow some stuff up in DCS.

Gixxer

Post by Gixxer »

Hi guys, I'm a new folk and I've been playing dcs blackshark & a10. Looking forward to playing MP with either.

Cheers

fer

Post by fer »

Gixxer wrote:Hi guys, I'm a new folk and I've been playing dcs blackshark & a10. Looking forward to playing MP with either.
Hi Gixxer, welcome to folk! IIRC the IL-2 sessions should be starting up again shortly (assuming comrade HoJo, who runs them, wasn't taken out by ninja mince pies over the festive period). There's also talk (in the folk Skype perma-chat) of a TARS beta test shortly ...

Redroth

Post by Redroth »

I have lock-on however fidning a copy of flaming cliffs is like gold dust anyone in the UK got some advice?

HomerJohnston

Post by HomerJohnston »

buy Eagle Dynamics games from their websites:

http://lockon.co.uk/
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

cheers

yakker

Post by yakker »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm a total and complete FNG when it comes to multiplayer sim flying. I could use some dual-received on getting set up - TeamSpeak mainly - and some actual flight instruction - formation flying and communication specifically. Would want to do it in DCS: A-10 as that's what I fly exclusively at the moment.