[A-10] A-10C Session & TARS Test (1/7 or 1/8)

Plan flights so we know where to look for wreckage

Moderator: oldhosts

What's the best A-10 session time?

Friday 1/7 around 2300UTC
50%
Saturday 1/8 around 1400UTC
50%
I reject Headspace's schedule and have posted my own suggestion.
No votes

Total votes: 2

Headspace

[A-10] A-10C Session & TARS Test (1/7 or 1/8)

Post by Headspace »

Okay, here's the deal.

I have not played an actual *game* of A-10 in over a month. Yes, I know that I've been working on TARS and neglecting actually playing the game and that is no one's fault but mine. But, we need to actually do an A-10 session and soon. So, that's the primary basis for this thread--let's figure out when the best time would be for us to do a session.

I can do next week on Friday night (1/7) after 6 PM EST/2300UTC, but that might be a little late for our European friends. Alternatively, we could do Saturday morning (1/8) sometime after 9 AM EST/1400UTC which would allow us to do IL-2 if Hojo is still planning on doing an IL-2 shindig.

The other thing is that TARS is nearly in beta and in all likelihood will see its first beta release very soon if no major bugs are found in the near future. I would like to do an internal test before release to a wider audience. It would be good to squash any showstoppers that might evidence themselves with a playercount higher than what I've been able to manage "internally." So, if we play DCS A-10, we can test TARS.

Headspace

Re: A-10C Session & TARS Test (1/7 or 1/8)

Post by Headspace »

Update:

Banshee and I tested TARS this evening. TARS worked fine for the both of us up until we tried to do a Multiplayer game of A-10 and then it stopped working for Banshee. In order to diagnose what might be going on here, I need someone to host A-10 Beta 4 during our next test (as a server).

Edit: 99% sure I know what the problem is at this point--thanks again for your help, Banshee.

Gixxer

Post by Gixxer »

I'm in if it's the 7th, never tried DCS a10 MP before so this will be a night of firsts

Headspace

Post by Headspace »

Another successful test. We got it working with Black Shark tonight, flew around, crashed (the helicopters) a bunch of times, and found new bugs. Thanks again to Banshee for helping test. We also got some good footage! :hist101:

I'm going to need another couple of evenings to fix the latest set of bugs found and then we'll test again!

HomerJohnston

Post by HomerJohnston »

Sadly, I work until 2400 UTC on Friday, and 1400UTC is 0700 for me which is a bit of a struggle on a weekend... I could do it though. I'm not going to vote, but if you decide to do this on Saturday I may be able to join in. I can't promise that I'll have any clue what the heck I'm doing, though :coolbert:

Headspace

Post by Headspace »

Okay, I'm planning on being around during both those times, so anyone who wants to play either A-10 or Black Shark with TARS (or without TARS if the latest build is bugged) hop on the Folk Skype and we will get our game on.

Headspace

Post by Headspace »

Thanks to everyone who participated in Friday night's testing. The full AAR of the event is here.