Favourite (smallscale, coop) missions?

All Party-approved topics welcome
Thirith

Favourite (smallscale, coop) missions?

Post by Thirith »

I've started playing the occasional small coop game with members of another group (although your very own Croc has played with us - yay!) and am feeling that while I'm still a beginner, I'm feeling a lot less lost than during my first 'serious' MP session with Folk ARPS. It's a shame that I've only realised so late how much fun MP Arma can be.

I wanted to ask the people here: what are your favourite missions, especially smallscale coop ones? We're usually 2-4 people so far, and I don't foresee that changing. I'm mainly looking for missions that don't require much in the way of add-ons, although if you have favourites that are amazing but happen to require this or that addon, I'd be very happy to hear it. If you could also say *what* it is you like about a particular mission, that'd be much appreciated.

Cheers!
"Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS." - Grim Fandango

IceRaiser

Re: Favourite (smallscale, coop) missions?

Post by IceRaiser »

Satire

Post by Satire »

Sander's Takistan and BAF mission packs are pretty good for small scale co-op stuff. Most of the missions (as in 50+) are set up for 8 or less players and since they're designed to be workable for a single person with an AI squad, they downscale to smaller sizes well enough. They use base Arma 2 content so you no add-ons are needed and might be ACE mod compatible if that's your kind of thing. Each mission should take from 20 mins to an hour to complete, depending on scale and how fast you play. Oh, and if you ever want someone to make up numbers, just drop me a PM, I'm kind of in the same new to Arma MP boat as well.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

harakka

Post by harakka »

Forgotten Few, hands down. Especially with the addons, but it's great without any addons too. Extremely moody and enjoyably small scale. With just 2 or 3 players you may need to do some minor AI commanding, but it's not that bad. I enjoy that it's fairly realistic, extremely high quality production-wise, and doesn't try to recreate a full-scale war with the engine. Instead you do small, clearly defined missions. Also the whole ingame planning and equipment system is amazing.

The only fault is that you need to arrange for a fair bit of time to do it, since it's essentially a string of missions inside one "normal" mission, you can't just start the campaign at sub-mission 4 for example.
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

Thirith

Post by Thirith »

Thanks for the tips! Satire, I'll check with the others whether they'd be okay with you dropping in occasionally. Cheers!
"Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS." - Grim Fandango

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

I don't see why that wouldn't be ok. :P

Thirith

Post by Thirith »

Well, that's already two in favour! :-) Satire, want to send me your steam handle so I can invite you to our group?

Satire

Post by Satire »

Sent, cheers for the invite!
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.