Clientside addons compatible with FA

All Party-approved topics welcome
Black Mamba

Re: Clientside addons compatible with FA

Post by Black Mamba »

If you're gonna use Sickboy's products, you're far better off with Six Updater than playWithSix, which, from what I understand, was more designed as a lite launcher for mods like dayZ.

daf

Post by daf »

Black Mamba wrote:If you're gonna use Sickboy's products, you're far better off with Six Updater than playWithSix, which, from what I understand, was more designed as a lite launcher for mods like dayZ.
Play withsix is the replacement for six updater with six updater intended to "go away", issue with that is that they haven't included the custom rep functionality of Six Update in play withsix meaning you still need both. At least that's what the six website leads me to believe by hiding the Six updater link in very tiny text.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Oh, you're right, I got confused thinking about Six Launcher, I guess. Damn you, Sickboy.

Stoner

Post by Stoner »

I tried to change the load order of mods, but they reverted to the default load sequence. I have the steam version, so that may be a Steam thing. Steam doesn't use the "-mod=..." that the retail command line does.
Bitte töte mich nicht

daf

Post by daf »

Stoner wrote:I tried to change the load order of mods, but they reverted to the default load sequence. I have the steam version, so that may be a Steam thing. Steam doesn't use the "-mod=..." that the retail command line does.
Steam version is not really that different from retail and you can still use -mod option however if you chose to use it you disable the automatic loading of ArmA 2 to make Combined Ops which is what tends to cause the problems.

Going back to Anvil's problem, if you have the mods present and active on the expansion list (disabled addons will still show) then something else might be wrong, if you'd like I could try and go over it a few minutes before Dunday session or perhaps mod Saturday.

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

Hey daf, thank! I'd really appreciate that :)

I created a shortcut with all the mods in order and it did not give me the usual error about MK4. However, when I ran a local mission I didn't get STHud.

Oh, shoot, I just found the bloody problem. It turns out "-mods=@sthud;@stmovement" doesn't work in Play withSIX even if you specified your "non-standard" mod folder correctly. You need to put the full path in there! So if that becomes "-mods=mods/@sthud;..." it then works. I was wondering why JSRS didn't sound that much better. It's pretty obvious now...

The mods now show up on the right side of the screen, which means they are actually loaded. It's very confusing that the "expansions" button in the main menu has all the mod names, independently of whether they, you know, actually exist.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

By the way, do not update to the latest CBA just now. It could be causing errors when not using the latest beta, from what I understand. Waiting for clarification from Sickboy.

Edit: So if you're using SU, no problem, it will use the relevant version of CBA depending on whether or not you have a beta active. Not using CBA, just don't update yet.

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

What is the Poliburo sanctioned Mod installer/manager for ArmA2?

Please bear in mind that I'm playing the Steam version of ArmA2 Op. A.

harakka

Post by harakka »

Terminal Boy wrote:What is the Poliburo sanctioned Mod installer/manager for ArmA2?

Please bear in mind that I'm playing the Steam version of ArmA2 Op. A.
Since mods aren't required, the list of mods you end up using generally isn't massive and it isn't necessary to constantly follow the latest and greatest versions. Thus manual mod installation is a valid solution. SpiritedMachine's launcher is a fairly popular choice for a launcher.
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

Thanks!

I'll give the Spirited Machine one a go as I'd like to have the basic improvement mods like STHud loaded for the Sunday session.