Session and Mod server difficulty settings

All Party-approved topics welcome
Terminal Boy

Re: Session and Mod server difficulty settings

Post by Terminal Boy »

Does changing the FOV in the config file effect the corelleation of crosshair and point of impact?

I always use the weapon sights in games, possibly due to years of real life shooting (clays, paper targets and deer) and airsofting.

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Am I reading it right that TPWCAS and TPWLOS require the clients to install them as well as the server? Because I've been trying them out in SP in combination with ASR AI and they work well as hell. Their reactions to fire are much more 'humanlike' and the fact that you can suppress and generally spook them would go a long way to improving engagements, especially at long range, e.g. AR's can actually do what they're supposed to, and BOF in general is more effective at its intended purpose, less ridiculous AK-sniping, etc. Stealth and camouflage seem to be greatly improved. I also like the suppression effect on players -- it's one of the things I miss about Project Reality, although perhaps others might not feel the same way due to insanity. To me it adds a huge amount to the battle. But I guess if it's a no-go if the mods can't run server-side only?

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Actually no. TPWCAS only applies where AI is local (unless you want the fancy player suppression effect, in which case you can run the mod clinet side).
I've been meaning to include a script version of it in a coop, to showcase to the community how good this mod is.
But still, I might just wait for 1.63. The headless client feature will hopefully improve AI handling a lot, and adding a new strain on it shouldn't be a problem. Until then, it could only be applied to relatively small sized mission, as the AI handling goes through the window as soon as you go above 300 units anyway.
Note the LOS shouldn't be used: way too much of a strain on the server/HC, with the player counts we get.

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Interesting, and good to know! Sounds like maybe it'd be a good fit for the ACE/ACRE/mod nights...