Televised Revolution - Streaming?

All Party-approved topics welcome
Barrow

Televised Revolution - Streaming?

Post by Barrow »

Good evening comrades,

I was looking around for some official stance on this, and though other posts have implied it's allowed, I thought I'd look for a definitive answer on this. Are there any objections to the Folk sessions (Sunday specifically, if it matters) being streamed? I know that some communities do not mind recordings, but do prohibit streaming; would the cause be hurt by showing our victories and losses glorious triumphs to the masses?

fer

Re: Televised Revolution - Streaming?

Post by fer »

This should be fine, but please co-ordinate with a member of the hosts team if you plan to run a stream. We just need to ensure things are presented / positioned / named* correctly, and be able to inform participating comrades as a courtesy.

* for instance, we'd ask you to refer to 'Folk ARPS' or 'FA' sessions ;)

Barrow

Post by Barrow »

Sounds good, thanks Fer.

Any members of the War Propaganda Board care to comment on the appearance of such a theoretical stream?

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

I'm not a member of the War Propaganda board, or any board for that matter :D but it looks Grrreat!

''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

fer

Post by fer »

Comrade Barrow, this looks cool, although two quick questions / requests:
  • Is it possible to put the FA tractor logo in the bottom-left corner? For me it's appearing some way above the bottom of the picture - is there some constraint you have to take account of? I wondered if, perhaps, you need to account for YouTube Vevo-style banners, in which case placing it top-left might help.
  • On the alt-tab window, please could you alter a few things:
    • The Folk ARPS logo should be the one used on the home page, i.e. white on a black rectangle.
    • The typeface used for all the text beneath the logo shouldn't attempt to copy the logo itself; please use something clear and readable like verdana.
  • If other comrades wanted to live-stream, is it possible for them to leverage the work you've done here - i.e. templates, configs you can share?
Thanks for doing this - looking forward to seeing this in action, but please remember to co-ordinate with the hosts team prior to kicking-off a stream (just in case we plan to give a speech during slotting, detailing our plans to take over the entire ArmAverse).

:v:

Barrow

Post by Barrow »

• I can absolutely move the tractor down. I initially moved it up with the idea of avoiding covering the squad icons, though it occurred to me afterwards that I was now covering the chat area instead.
  • I can easily swap to the classic Folk ARPS colors; the inversion was merely for blending purposes with the background. I'll change that back.
  • As with the logo, it'll be a simple matter to swap the font; consider it done.
  • It would be my pleasure to share the template. I'll be sure to make it available as soon as I'm done tweaking it. To forewarn anyone interested, the Teamspeak user list generation is currently hacky at best; I'll write up instructions on how to utilize it though.
My pleasure, honestly. And I'll certainly coordinate with the hosts; as a general rule I also give anyone I'm playing/on voice comms with the opportunity to veto streaming should they be uncomfortable with it.

[Edit]
Version 2 preview:

I'll probably move the in-game logo to the top-left before I'm done with it (the facing of the tractor looks a bit odd when it's on the top-right).
Last edited by Barrow on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fer

Post by fer »

Sounds great - few clarifications:

- the tractor overlay doesn't need to have the black background, it's only when you use the full logo on the alt-tab page.

- might be worth moving the overlay to a top corner so it doesn't touch chat or icons. You may need to experiment.

Barrow

Post by Barrow »

I moved the small logo to the top-left of the screen, which looks decent and isn't blocking anything (other than part of the radar/fuel gauges). I also added some more gradients on the edges out-of-game image for a more uniform visual. I can't grab a video preview at the moment, but I believe looking pretty decent at this point; I'm going to start a write-up momentarily on how to utilize the resources for anyone interested.

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I have been wondering what the thoughts are on adversarial streaming. Personally, I dont mind, but some people might be afraid of screen watching.
Operation Red Hammer - A dynamic, storydriven, COOP campaign
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=919

Phoenix49

Post by Phoenix49 »

While I do not know all comrades personally, I doubt that most players here have such a need to win that they would justify screen watching in order to get a tactical advantage over the enemy. I mean if your main concern is to "win" at stuff, Folk ARPS is definitely not the community you should be playing with...